Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33144. (Read 26465521 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Look at this graph?
Does this look like a growing economy?
http://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume-usd?daysAverageString=7

LOL, it kind of looks like a hand with a outstretched finger pointing up.

Up, Up, Up ?

No, more like up was here..
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Look at this graph?
Does this look like a growing economy?
http://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume-usd?daysAverageString=7

LOL, it kind of looks like a hand with a outstretched finger pointing up.

Up, Up, Up ?
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Difficulty doesn't support price. Difficulty doesn't lead price. Why the hell would it? Have you checked out how the 2 variables behaved during 2011 and 2012?

The only relationship is that the price leads difficulty (minus more efficient mining technologies like ASICs).

In 2011, difficulty topped out two months after the price did:

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
but... but... next difficulty is like 15 million!

Let me call the worst bearish scenario I can think of.
Let's suppose all miners crap themselves and start dumping.
Let's suppose difficulty drops to 10 million because of some miners quitting the whole bitcoin mining thing (like it happened at block reward halving time last December).

Woudn't a 10 million difficulty sustain a price of at least 100$? 50$?

Also there are at least two retail markets that exclusively rely on bitcoins to function - one is selling drugs online and one is selling BTCs to people who can't directly access western currencies. Like it or not these markets are established since 2+ years by now. As long as they keep thriving the fiat value of BTC cannot drop to zero.

Lots of people will play hanging instead of satoshidice if the price goes below 50$.  Grin Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
but... but... next difficulty is like 15 million!

Let me call the worst bearish scenario I can think of.
Let's suppose all miners crap themselves and start dumping.
Let's suppose difficulty drops to 10 million because of some miners quitting the whole bitcoin mining thing (like it happened at block reward halving time last December).

Woudn't a 10 million difficulty sustain a price of at least 100$? 50$?

Also there are at least two retail markets that exclusively rely on bitcoins to function - one is selling drugs online and one is selling BTCs to people who can't directly access western currencies. Like it or not these markets are established since 2+ years by now. As long as they keep thriving the fiat value of BTC cannot drop to zero.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Quote from: ChartBuddy

Wow lol so cruel! At least those 6k coins between 130-132 on Bitstamp didn't chase.

Support alive:

(Bitstamp)
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Did anyone actually see the 8K 127.5 wall get eaten up, or was it pulled?

I saw. It was fully eaten
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

1k got eaten but mostly pulled... I think. Clarkmoody lagged hard for me.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
It's 9.12am in the US, I wonder how they'll react
in defi we trust
So... where are the bears? Where is the weekend dip? I need someone to dump 27,8k btc so my buy order at $120 gets filled  Grin

Afterall it not was a fake bid wall at all, but a support wall. Some bull is protecting this inverison i think.

Never , never , never , do this!

Hehehehe i was inciting bears Grin

Anyway i bought at $120 and sell at $123 again, now i'm out at the moment with my play money. Looking at the weekly candles, midterm upward trend was broken with this last sell off.

That's what I was talking about!  Do not feed the bears!  Grin
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hello $120  Grin

15:04:27 120.00000     94.29430724
Might as well say Hello to $115 soon  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
weeeeee..
Any one notice there is no supporting wall..No big push ups..
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Hello $120  Grin

13:04:27 120.00000     94.29430724
in defi we trust
So... where are the bears? Where is the weekend dip? I need someone to dump 27,8k btc so my buy order at $120 gets filled  Grin

Afterall it not was a fake bid wall at all, but a support wall. Some bull is protecting this inverison i think.

Never , never , never , do this!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
People in this thread are so frickin' jumpy.

I suggest never looking at Bitcoinity at anything less than the 30-day scale, unless you're about to make a trade, and always look at the long-term charts afterward to desensitize yourself.

Good advice. I'm holding for this. If it goes to 0, I have a hell of a good story. Otherwise, every early adopter everyone here will make massive returns on their investment.

FYP

Heh, thanks but everyone who will likely read this post IS an early adopter.
Jump to: