Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33322. (Read 26463227 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Good news just keeps coming in, this has to reflect on the price at some point. I give it a few more days for the Dwolla angst to wear off and then things are looking UP. Smiley

God damn the bulls never ever ever ever lose hope.

It's kind of inspiring.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Those guys don't even work at Paypal. It has nothing to do with Paypal.

It's just saying, "Hey these guys who founded Paypal, are now investing in Bitpay!". http://www.foundersfund.com is the group that invested, which the 3 are part of.

You're right, sorry. But:

As of the end of 2011 the firm [Founders Fund] was made up of the following partners:

• Peter Thiel, founder and former CEO and chairman of PayPal
  • Ken Howery, founder and former CFO of PayPal
  • Luke Nosek, founder and former vice president of PayPal
  • Sean Parker, former president of Plaxo and Facebook, served as managing partner from the time he left Facebook in 2008 until 2011, when his title became Executive General Partner.
  • Bruce Gibney
  • Brian Singerman

Yeah, former. Used to work at Paypal. Don't work there anymore. Paypal isn't investing in Bitpay. No one who works at Paypal is investing in Bitpay. There seems to be some confusion.

Like I said, the fact that these guys started Paypal, they probably know their shit. So it's good news. But it has nothing to do with Paypal who is currently owned by eBay.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

It's just saying, "Hey these guys who founded Paypal, are now investing in Bitpay!". http://www.foundersfund.com is the group that invested, which the 3 are part of.

You're right, sorry. But:

As of the end of 2011 the firm [Founders Fund] was made up of the following partners:

• Peter Thiel, founder and former CEO and chairman of PayPal
  • Ken Howery, founder and former CFO of PayPal
  • Luke Nosek, founder and former vice president of PayPal
  • Sean Parker, former president of Plaxo and Facebook, served as managing partner from the time he left Facebook in 2008 until 2011, when his title became Executive General Partner.
  • Bruce Gibney
  • Brian Singerman
sorry to dig up a post several pages back but just catching up on today and:

A - thanks for this post, the cosby coin troll history has totally made my day Smiley
B - thanks for this post, newcomers like myself can benefit from this advice/reality check... someone talking with authority does not necessarily have authority (or if they do, maybe not  relevant experience to back it up)
C - Personally I might go back to lurking in order to "take some notes" and "learn a few things" rather than engage so much... it's probably more productive!

Yeah some people flipped out when their Bitcoins were being "converted" to CosbyCoins. There's people who think Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme right now, back in 2011 it was hard to generate any creditability. And when the main forum gets defaced with CosbyCoins it was sorta hard to take it seriously. Lots of hacks, lots of stolen coins, exchanges disappearing, bitcoin wallet sites getting hacked, MtGox getting hacked, lots and lots of bumps in the road.

But like this most recent DHS stuff, MtGox gets their shit in order, everyone else checks how they do business, things get more secure, Bitcoin keeps on keeping on.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Good news just keeps coming in, this has to reflect on the price at some point. I give it a few more days for the Dwolla angst to wear off and then things are looking UP. Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
Image is everything and Bitcoin is losing that battle.

You've been here 3 weeks. Yesterday you informed us Bitcoin was illegal in almost every country. You've stopped quoting the Coinage Act of 1965? There's a reason your wife only let you buy 1.5 BTC, you're autistic and prone to wild flights of fancy.

You think this bump in the road is bad? Of course you do, you've been here 3 weeks. This was nothing.

My favorite Bitcoin growing pain was back in 2011 when Something Awful hacked the forum and trolled us with CosbyCoin. I suggest you slow down a little, stop educating us on how Bitcoin, Bitcoin PR, legal system, and life in general work. Take some notes, you'll learn a few things. Get back to us in a few months.

sorry to dig up a post several pages back but just catching up on today and:

A - thanks for this post, the cosby coin troll history has totally made my day Smiley
B - thanks for this post, newcomers like myself can benefit from this advice/reality check... someone talking with authority does not necessarily have authority (or if they do, maybe not  relevant experience to back it up)
C - Personally I might go back to lurking in order to "take some notes" and "learn a few things" rather than engage so much... it's probably more productive!
Silence from Gox re DHS, low volume and repeated bounces off what is probably an invisible mega wall at $114...

And then there's this :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1eg51m/bitpay_raises_2_million_led_by_founders_fund/

Three Paypal founders investing in BitPay !

This is really huge. So I guess we can dismiss PayPal as enemy completely. Would be glad. I know John Donahoe's statement.

[tinfoilhead]

Peter Andreas Thiel (born October 11, 1967) is a German-born American entrepreneur, venture capitalist, and hedge fund manager. Thiel co-founded PayPal with Max Levchin and served as its CEO. He currently serves as president of Clarium Capital, a global macro hedge fund with under $700 million in assets under management; a managing partner in The Founders Fund.

Thiel founded Palantir Technologies funded by the CIA's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel.

[/tinfoilhead]

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Silence from Gox re DHS, low volume and repeated bounces off what is probably an invisible mega wall at $114...

And then there's this :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1eg51m/bitpay_raises_2_million_led_by_founders_fund/

This is really huge. So I guess we can dismiss PayPal as enemy completely. Would be glad. I know John Donahoe's statement.

[tinfoilhead]

Peter Andreas Thiel (born October 11, 1967) is a German-born American entrepreneur, venture capitalist, and hedge fund manager. Thiel co-founded PayPal with Max Levchin and served as its CEO. He currently serves as president of Clarium Capital, a global macro hedge fund with under $700 million in assets under management; a managing partner in The Founders Fund.

Thiel founded Palantir Technologies funded by the CIA's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel.

[/tinfoilhead]
Activity: 686
Stephen Reed
The sideways trend of the past two days has been steadily resisted at $116, while the trading range has narrowed.

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

And then there's this :

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Silence from Gox re DHS, eerily low volume and repeated bounces off what is probably an invisible mega wall at $114...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon
I'm still not sure if anyone really knew what a supernode was...

Here is my take on a supernode ...

Imagine a network of precious metal dealers operating in every major city who now offer their hard-money customers a deflationary store of value - bitcoin.

A supernode is such a dealer who also operates a bitcoin network node that can independently mine bitcoins, with or without a pool.

The supernode network collectively fixes prices periodically with a long settlement period, routing orders among themselves and to other exchanges, e.g. Mt. Gox, Bitstamp.

The supernode network collectively takes other various measures to robustly operate in the face of DDoS, government constraints, etc.

Thanks for that explanation, I was wondering about that. (I just thought it was someone with a ton of BTC.)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Imagine a network of precious metal dealers operating in every major city who now offer their hard-money customers a deflationary store of value - bitcoin.

A supernode is such a dealer who also operates a bitcoin network node that can independently mine bitcoins, with or without a pool.

The supernode network collectively fixes prices periodically with a long settlement period, routing orders among themselves and to other exchanges, e.g. Mt. Gox, Bitstamp.

The supernode network collectively takes other various measures to robustly operate in the face of DDoS, government constraints, etc.

Activity: 686
Stephen Reed

Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Probably just a burn-out, which is not a thing to be ashamed of when you lose such an amount of money. In 1 or 2 months we will have the old rpetila back. In the meanwhile i wish him the best, if he reads this of course.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Probably just a burn-out, which is not a thing to be ashamed of when you lose such an amount of money. In 1 or 2 months we will have the old rpetila back. In the meanwhile i wish him the best, if he reads this of course.

If you read this: Yes it's true there really is a goverment conspiracy against you. And your hospitalization is part of it.

scnr
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Wow,  he actually wrote that. It's clear to me the guy suffers from a textbook "delusion of grandeur", and I'm sure half of this ramblings are just delusions and lies.

As Blitz said, "a crazy guy going nuts"

Honestly, I feel sorry for Rontus (his employee)

I doubt anyone went. I doubt Rontus exists. The supernode conference drama sounded like he took his rejected James Bond script (where he plays James Bond) and he modified it for the supernode conference. At the very least he's autistic. He's entertainment, like a tabloid. You don't really take it seriously.

I don't take him seriously but I do like reading his posts. It's like a man getting eaten by an alligator, you don't want to see it but it's hard to tear your eyes away.

Ever since he posted "I'm detained in a psych ward," i get a little sad when his name shows up.  Would probably feel worse if i bought the psych ward story at face value Huh

Yes, that sucks, although it's not exactly surprising. Things seemed to be getting worse as time went on -- the forum audience can't help. We should send a get-well card -- but him and his family would be far better off if he left this place for good.

I'm still not sure if anyone really knew what a supernode was... but I hear worse make-believe in business most days.

It's hard not to have a laugh at the expense of someone as overtly eccentric as that, but I'd rather not see anyone lose the plot or get ripped off.  Hopefully in time he'll be okay
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Wow,  he actually wrote that. It's clear to me the guy suffers from a textbook "delusion of grandeur", and I'm sure half of this ramblings are just delusions and lies.

As Blitz said, "a crazy guy going nuts"

Honestly, I feel sorry for Rontus (his employee)

I doubt anyone went. I doubt Rontus exists. The supernode conference drama sounded like he took his rejected James Bond script (where he plays James Bond) and he modified it for the supernode conference. At the very least he's autistic. He's entertainment, like a tabloid. You don't really take it seriously.

I don't take him seriously but I do like reading his posts. It's like a man getting eaten by an alligator, you don't want to see it but it's hard to tear your eyes away.

Ever since he posted "I'm detained in a psych ward," i get a little sad when his name shows up.  Would probably feel worse if i bought the psych ward story at face value Huh

Yes, that sucks, although it's not exactly surprising. Things seemed to be getting worse as time went on -- the forum audience can't help. We should send a get-well card -- but him and his family would be far better off if he left this place for good.

I'm still not sure if anyone really knew what a supernode was... but I hear worse make-believe in business most days.
Activity: 420

"I am currently detained in a psychiatric institution in Helsinki, because I need rest. My physical well-being is taken care of."

I thought you made that up at first. Damn

I've seen fictitious personalties shine bright and burn out on other boards, but reptile might have the record for flamboyance and melodrama. Good show!

Edit: Do psych wards have wifi?  Smiley
Jump to: