Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33319. (Read 26463227 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Bitstamp! Don't tell me your down now...

y u do this

edit: well that was quick. Man, are we really going to rally now?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
to think i wanted to sell below 116 this morning..   oh boy.. am i happy i didnt Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I strongly agree with Risto's opinion about $300k coins, but perhaps not before the end of the year. Before the end of the decade? That's very much possible.

I do think we will see $1k-$5k coins this year.

Going below $100 again? Possible, but not very likely for a prolonged period of time.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
I have heard before that bids can be put in without sufficient funds in the account

I'm not sure if those orders appeared in the order book or if it was something account internal, but I think you refer to this:

TOKYO - JAPAN - April 09, 2013

Orders will only be accepted when there are enough funds available in your wallet!

Dear users, starting on April 17th we will be rolling out a minor change on how people place orders via the Mt.Gox interface.

Until recently, anyone could place a buy or sell order for Bitcoin, regardless of how much funds were actually available in their wallet, resulting in an order showing a "Not enough funds" error status in the Open Orders list.

Starting on April 17th, this counter productive scenario will no longer be possible and will be automatically rejected before validating your order; until you have enough funds in your wallet to match the order value.

While this change should only affect a minority of users, it will however have a major impact on our trading platform and improve our system overall performance.  

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Mt.Gox Contact [email protected]

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130409.html

The truth, as always when Gox something published. :-)
Activity: 420
Either Bitcoin will die or the Dollar will die.

This probably isn't the place for an in depth philosophical discussion, so I'll just say that I don't at all believe those are the only two possibilities. Party on.  Smiley
Activity: 280
Looks like it broke through this time.

I was actually referring to comments about lag being caused by the trading engine having to check funds. I don't know at which stage of the process this was occurring and am not trying to spread any FUD. It was discussed here and someone probably knows the answer better than me

Yeah, I think that's what the announcement dexX7 posted is saying.

If I'm reading it right, prior to April 17th you could place an order without the funds to clear it in your account, and Gox would queue the order and check the funds later, just prior to execution, I'm guessing. Now, they are checking funds on order submission, which they they say will help with system performance.

Edit: crazy spelling
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
2,3k buy some seconds ago. New daily high: 117.10 USD.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
I'm not sure your maths are solid there.
Government issued currencies can not survive competition with free market alternatives.

Either Bitcoin will die or the Dollar will die.
If he's right about never seeing sub $100 again then he's also right about seeing $300k.

I'm not sure your maths are solid there.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I have heard before that bids can be put in without sufficient funds in the account

I'm not sure if those orders appeared in the order book or if it was something account internal, but I think you refer to this:

I was actually referring to comments about lag being caused by the trading engine having to check funds. I don't know at which stage of the process this was occurring and am not trying to spread any FUD. It was discussed here and someone probably knows the answer better than me
I am speculating, I know, but it seems like a pretty rational strategy for anyone who is at all concerned about their fiat (and to a lesser extent their BTC) on Gox

I think you're right. Gox hasn't exactly been communicative about these recent events, and anytime a company's name appears on a seizure warrant it takes uncertainty to a whole new level. It's a bit reckless to leave money there until things become clearer.

I'm relieved that Bitfinex is reducing their Gox exposure as I have funds with them, but it's been killing me that I can't trade these spreads.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

TOKYO - JAPAN - April 09, 2013

Orders will only be accepted when there are enough funds available in your wallet!

Dear users, starting on April 17th we will be rolling out a minor change on how people place orders via the Mt.Gox interface.

Until recently, anyone could place a buy or sell order for Bitcoin, regardless of how much funds were actually available in their wallet, resulting in an order showing a "Not enough funds" error status in the Open Orders list.

Starting on April 17th, this counter productive scenario will no longer be possible and will be automatically rejected before validating your order; until you have enough funds in your wallet to match the order value.

While this change should only affect a minority of users, it will however have a major impact on our trading platform and improve our system overall performance.  

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Mt.Gox Contact [email protected]

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130409.html
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
also, I've been wondering if reptilia is actually right.

Maybe will (now) never see sub $100 again... not sure about the 300k part thought Smiley
If he's right about never seeing sub $100 again then he's also right about seeing $300k.

If Bitcoin fails then we'll see an exchange rate of $0. If Bitcoin does not fail then its adoption will increase at the expense of the dollar because ceteris paribus there is no reason to hold currency that loses value when you have the option of holding currency that does not lose value. In that case we'll eventually see an exchange rate of $300k just before it becomes undefined.
Activity: 448
Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node
Buy Bitcoin while you still can. The price is being be held stable by big money for the Silicon Valley conference. The price will soon explode upwards.
Captain Cook has spoken!

Yes I have spoken Cheesy
probably bitfinex will have a rooting to another exchange like bitstamp..  it's only a guess though..

Bitfinex is already routing through Bitstamp, but maybe there's another exchange coming online.
Jump to: