Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33352. (Read 26462929 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I made a killing today, how bout you guys?

Wow!

You're gonna be hip-deep in hookers and blow in no time...
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
...and welcome to the New York Post.   Undecided

Dwolla, a firm that handles transactions from Mt. Gox, has revealed that the agency has ordered it to stop dealing with Mt. Gox and to freeze the exchange’s account.

It is unclear how much money from US customers is at risk, but sources said traders would have a hard time getting US dollars out of Japan-based Mt. Gox.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/crackdown_on_bitcoin_exchange_jdjp9NaLCdypnhcu6JBQLN
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
This too shall pass...

If and when it does we see $200 again

If we figure out how to route around the damage (i.e., the G) in a reasonably efficient manner, we'll see $500 by the end of the year.

Really though, we need a bank.  And we're close to the point where a few of us acting together could afford to bribe the infrastructure of a small country, and get one.

might not have to be a country, rather an office in international waters?  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcoin-on-blueseed-the-international-waters-startup-ship-199424

How about a Bitcoin exchange located on this?
http://aboardtheworld.com/our_story
Completely untangled from government regulation
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

I saved myself from getting killed.  Penny saved is a penny earned, right?   Wink
Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

Activity: 112
Anyone else notice that when the buy or sell wall is curved, without any obvious price stairs, that people are afraid to eat away at it?

The tighter the curve, the less likely it will get eaten at. .
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
This too shall pass...

If we figure out how to route around the damage (i.e., the G) in a reasonably efficient manner, we'll see $500 by the end of the year.

Really though, we need a bank.  And we're close to the point where a few of us acting together could afford to bribe the infrastructure of a small country, and get one.

might not have to be a country, rather an office in international waters?  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcoin-on-blueseed-the-international-waters-startup-ship-199424
Will this downdraft be stopped by the support at $100? Remember that back in November, the price was $10.

It's a pretty fair question.  10k coins between 101 and 100.  If it was like the 110 and 105 earlier, I'm guessing they'll move out of the way once the train starts coming through.  We're going double digits...get your snacks and beverages ready.  It's gonna be a long night.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Cool

Trade history
Processed   Traded   For   CAD/BTC
May 14, 2013, 8:13 p.m.   1.31   CAD   0.0130   BTC   100.75001
May 14, 2013, 8:00 p.m.   5.08   CAD   0.0500   BTC   101.51001
May 14, 2013, 7:30 p.m.   11.22   CAD   0.1100   BTC   102.00001
May 14, 2013, 7:30 p.m.   5.12   CAD   0.0500   BTC   102.36000
May 14, 2013, 7:09 p.m.   5.17   CAD   0.0500   BTC   103.38802
May 10, 2013, 2:54 p.m.   1.12   CAD   0.0100   BTC   112.10003
May 1, 2013, 12:35 p.m.   475.60CAD   4.0000   BTC   118.90001

April 25, 2013, 2:27 p.m.   3.6000BTC   516.60   CAD   143.50000

Cheesy
Activity: 686
Stephen Reed
Will this downdraft be stopped by the support at $100? Remember that back in November, the price was $10.

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
This too shall pass...

Thats interesting. I would be up for discussion on this but who's the say the DHS wouldn't stop US citizens from depositing with us?

Although I guess they could convert their US dollar to our currency and then make deposit.

This is actually a really good idea. If we went to a south American country it wouldn't be too hard to create a financial institution.
Activity: 728
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
all this fear is so fail....

anyone that sold because of this news made a mistake...

I bought.

In retrospect, I hope buying wasn't the mistake.

What could go wrong.
It's not like anyone would use this uncertain time to DDOS an exchange.   Grin

Cheesy bwa ha ha ha I don't even give a damn anymore. I'll become a successful warrior and trader or die trying.

Bring it.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29600000/family-guy-family-guy-29602803-500-375.gif
Activity: 770
that really seems to me like a message from Homeland security to the community as it's happening right before the conference in california.
Feels like a drug raid during a hemp parade when everything's legal (or not, i still don't understand the command structure of USA with state law and federal law).
well if they keep on with these procedures it will push btc even harder with more exchanges on some small island states or similar tax haven countries, like with the bank accounts of onlinegambling.
from my perspective either way acceptance or interference will bring good days to bitcoin.
Activity: 84
This too shall pass...

That won't stop the US from imposing economic sanctions against that country.  

Depends on the country, doesn't it?

Why do I get the feeling that a Hong Kong bank would be the most effective?  Of course, the Hong Kong political structure would be too expensive to contemplate at the moment.  But a communist country would be fairly immune to US blandishments - and they are all mostly pretty poor countries, and quite structurally corrupt.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

i scoffed at this idea originally (because credit unions are less evil) but, maybe

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dyj70/update_coming_soon_a_private_fiat_bank_to_bitcoin/
This too shall pass...

That won't stop the US from imposing economic sanctions against that country.  
Activity: 882
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
maybe this will be good in the end, force other exchanges to grow quick.
Jump to: