Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33348. (Read 26462929 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Gotta love the irrational buying and irrational selling going on.

Cheesy
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
Their post of facebook, just didn't seem right.
They didn't sound like they know what they had to do.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
A lot of people haven't had time to react to this news/non news story yet.

But if they hear the news and see the price recovered, will they do something?  Huh
This is bitcoin, logic doesn't apply so anything could happen of course!

What logic?

There's not much logic in selling _after_ the fact, when the bottom could already have come in -- safer to hold.
There's not much logic in selling unseizable currency to buy fiat when the government is trying to prevent you from receiving it.
There's not much logic in expecting non-US people to react to news that only affects users of a small payment service provider that only offers its services to US citizens.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked

But if they hear the news and see the price recovered, will they do something?  Huh
This is bitcoin, logic doesn't apply so anything could happen of course!
Activity: 434

But if they hear the news and see the price recovered, will they do something?  Huh
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
It is a lucrative investment, I must say.  Wink

On a related note... how the hell did we not pass below $100?
$102.96 is a little... anticlimatic.

It's possible we'll go down lower still. Depends on the scope of this seizure - if it will also affect direct ACH transfers to and from Mt. Gox that's going to be bad news. Dwolla -> Mt. Gox doesn't really affect the big players.

Going by the post on Mt. Gox's Facebook they have NO idea what is being asked of them yet.

You never know, especially considering how half of Western Europe and the USA are all still tucked up in bed - except for those of us who're sitting at our computers, bleary eyed and wired on coffee (or something stronger).  A lot of people haven't had time to react to this news/non news story yet.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

It's possible we'll go down lower still. Depends on the scope of this seizure - if it will also affect direct ACH transfers to and from Mt. Gox that's going to be bad news. Dwolla -> Mt. Gox doesn't really affect the big players.

Going by the post on Mt. Gox's Facebook they have NO idea what is being asked of them yet.

Yeah I have to be honest I'm kind of antsy right now. Are we going to see a full rebound or even rally? Or is this ship about to sink? That's the real question right now. Logic tells me we are going to tank, however, BTC doesn't like to listen to what makes sense.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Sorry I fucked up the satanic ritual earlier today.

Silly me, everyone knows you need to add a few extra pints of animal blood

Ah! You're proud of yourself now?
Think of all those who had bids at $90!

Cheesy Hey I tried. Unfortunately money is more powerful than black magic. Such a shame. People have no respect for the old ways!
Activity: 39
How are you traders doing with this volatility?

I sold a few at 113 and could have bought in for 1.5 BTC profit, but barely missed it and only made .2 after panic buying before it got back to close to 113.

Made a 4.7% profit

And waiting to buy some at $100ish, and to buy big time sub $100

The Dwolla situation could scare the ass off some overinvested folks with trembling hands, anyhow this can improve a lot or get really worse depending on the next DHS move/explanation.

And from a practical point of view, you just do not convert an unseizable currency to one that will be likely be frozen. I never used Dwolla, but if I did last thing I would want is to get rid of my BTC for good at this moment, I guess people is just speculating that price will drop on these news and they want to buy back cheaper.

I think today's events will only increase the value of bitcoin, whatever the outcome. Bitcoin is decentralized! Closing down Dwolla and/or MtGox plays no barring in my opinion. In fact, the harder it is to buy bitcoins, the more valuable they become. The government has ZERO interest in bitcoins, just as they have ZERO interested in SimCity region fund transfers (did EA ever figure that out?). They DO however have an interest in protecting their citizens. It is not the bitcoin the DHS is after, it is companies who willfully ignore strict financial regulations.

Hope you don't wait too long down there at $100 and below Rampion.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
So, there was just a small fire because DHS is trying to crack down on online gambling. First, I feel safer and second, look at all those who showed their true colors with this blip of news.

We are still in this sideways price channel on essentially, no news and some people online trying to create a sell off.

$115 and the same wall at $120.

Ah! You're proud of yourself now?
Think of all those who had bids at $90!

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
If anyone is interested, frozenlock and coinseeker have now used their BTC profits in a joint venture.
Others have obviously invested some funds as well:

Activity: 224

I sold a few at 113 and could have bought in for 1.5 BTC profit, but barely missed it and only made .2 after panic buying before it got back to close to 113.

A few days ago I took some profits at $119. Queued a buy order at $106 at the same time and it triggered while I was sleeping last night.

My trading activity is thin these days. Reduced volatility makes things a bit dull but its good for the economy overall.

Occasional events like this are still good opportunities to make a few bucks though which keeps things interesting

Smart trading. Well done for applying planning and patience.

Thank you. To be honest, i wasn't expecting my buy order to hit. Was a just-in-case thing. We've showed amazing stability of late. Bitcoin sure has a way of surprising you when you least expect
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code

A few days ago I took some profits at $119. Queued a buy order at $106 at the same time and it triggered while I was sleeping last night.

My trading activity is thin these days. Reduced volatility makes things a bit dull but its good for the economy overall.

Occasional events like this are still good opportunities to make a few bucks though which keeps things interesting

Smart trading. Well done for applying planning and patience.
Activity: 224

I was a bit worried at first seeing the price sit square on the longterm trendline at $105 when I awoke. Any further downward movement would, to me, be trigger another downwards breakout but I'm glad I held and the recovery we're seeing here is a great demonstration of confidence (though not exuberance, which is a good thing) in the market

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I think it was a well played crash last night, but I also think that it's over. When I decided to buy 205,727mBTC using market order from .10273->.103 in 7th May, 15:46 UTC after 2 visitations sub-.1, I did that in anticipation that we would never see .103 again. I think we are going up from now.

EDIT: Seems that we visited .10302, so the others also thought that it is unlikely to go that low again.

EDIT2: I did not play last night, I slept with my family in my home in Helsinki.

EDIT3: Rampion is not welcome to post to my thread (I needed to lock it due to his harassment). I don't think he understands when he lost, though. He seems to be too young to be given a reminder of the importance of thinking before posting.
Jump to: