Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33349. (Read 26462922 times)

copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Silly question: If the DHS seized the mtgox account @ dwolla, then why wouldn't they seize coinbase or any other american exchange? The end goal for the DHS is the same, you can use coinbase to buy btc and gamble illegally so basically it's the same...
Are we going to see more court orders for other exchanges?

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
And waiting to buy some at $100ish, and to buy big time sub $100

If Bitcoin doesn't surprise everyone again...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
How are you traders doing with this volatility?

I sold a few at 113 and could have bought in for 1.5 BTC profit, but barely missed it and only made .2 after panic buying before it got back to close to 113.

Made a 4.7% profit

And waiting to buy some at $100ish, and to buy big time sub $100

The Dwolla situation could scare the ass off some overinvested folks with trembling hands, anyhow this can improve a lot or get really worse depending on the next DHS move/explanation.

And from a practical point of view, you just do not convert an unseizable currency to one that will be likely be frozen. I never used Dwolla, but if I did last thing I would want is to get rid of my BTC for good at this moment, I guess people is just speculating that price will drop on these news and they want to buy back cheaper.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I'm really surprised this doesn't get mentioned more often, but, there are a lot of people out there now, wealthy people, early adopters and new players alike, that have vested interest and a genuine belief in this technology.  The market is thin enough that these people can help ensure the price and volatility does not reach a level that could cause a level of panic which would create harm to its now escalating adoption.

The U.S. government is attacking this thing with flailing arms, and while it can scratch and do some superficial damage, the mark will be missed.  This time, it really is up to the people.

Agreed. They are a few years too late in any endeavor to seriously attack bitcoin and not come off as tyrannical. The average Joe doesn't know what kind of power the banking cartel/monopoly has, and they certainly don't want him to wake up. They will tread carefully.

On a happier note, I transferred funds to Gox via Dwolla this morning. Hours later I get the DHS email. Regardless, they funded my account for the full amount just a little while ago. I doubt they want to loose customers over this.

Agree... And the key part here is that Bitcoin is now even more clearly te best way to move money. By cracking down on fiat movements (Dwolla), they can only make Bitcoin's perceived value as a medium of transfer increase. If the aim is to attack Bitcoin, this will prove to be a massive own goal.

Meanwhile, Bitcoins are now cheap, it's Wednesday, and Europe, which doesn't use Dwolla, is just waking up. Great time to buy.

Who is enjoy this!!! Complete recovery on the way?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 127
How are you traders doing with this volatility?

I sold a few at 113 and could have bought in for 1.5 BTC profit, but barely missed it and only made .2 after panic buying before it got back to close to 113.
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
I'm really surprised this doesn't get mentioned more often, but, there are a lot of people out there now, wealthy people, early adopters and new players alike, that have vested interest and a genuine belief in this technology.  The market is thin enough that these people can help ensure the price and volatility does not reach a level that could cause a level of panic which would create harm to its now escalating adoption.

The U.S. government is attacking this thing with flailing arms, and while it can scratch and do some superficial damage, the mark will be missed.  This time, it really is up to the people.

Agreed. They are a few years too late in any endeavor to seriously attack bitcoin and not come off as tyrannical. The average Joe doesn't know what kind of power the banking cartel/monopoly has, and they certainly don't want him to wake up. They will tread carefully.

On a happier note, I transferred funds to Gox via Dwolla this morning. Hours later I get the DHS email. Regardless, they funded my account for the full amount just a little while ago. I doubt they want to loose customers over this.

Agree... And the key part here is that Bitcoin is now even more clearly te best way to move money. By cracking down on fiat movements (Dwolla), they can only make Bitcoin's perceived value as a medium of transfer increase. If the aim is to attack Bitcoin, this will prove to be a massive own goal.

Meanwhile, Bitcoins are now cheap, it's Wednesday, and Europe, which doesn't use Dwolla, is just waking up. Great time to buy.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

On a happier note, I transferred funds to Gox via Dwolla this morning. Hours later I get the DHS email. Regardless, they funded my account for the full amount just a little while ago. I doubt they want to lose customers over this.
Activity: 434
I'm really surprised this doesn't get mentioned more often, but, there are a lot of people out there now, wealthy people, early adopters and new players alike, that have vested interest and a genuine belief in this technology.  The market is thin enough that these people can help ensure the price and volatility does not reach a level that could cause a level of panic which would create harm to its now escalating adoption.

The U.S. government is attacking this thing with flailing arms, and while it can scratch and do some superficial damage, the mark will be missed.  This time, it really is up to the people.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (...) LL

Either it's a bug, or someone broke the protocol again. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Activity: 371
Maybe is just a continuation of the limitations in United States against online gambling

Thanks telemaco, and this article is a good find.

Thanks.
If is something related to gambling and the feds continue their war against online gambling the bad news might not be so severe in the way that it might not be worldwide (they have limited gambling related sites from usa but not from the rest of the world), so the damage to bitcoin might not be "global" with warrant requests all over the world like they requested from New Zealand to fight against K. Dotcom. Also fighting against gambling might not have the same popular backing as calling a war against bitcoin in order to fight terrorism, child abuse or some other things.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It looks like it broke out, the EMA on Clark's graph has crossed.
Is anyone using bitcoinwisdom.com ? I just stumbled upon it via reddit and I'm shocked I never knew about it. It's like clarkmoody...but with better graphs and a harder to read order book... at least to my eyes.

It's almost as good, but I prefer clarkmoody's graph, even if it's sometimes buggy. But I like that this graph is steeper looking.

I like to be able to configure the EMAs. couldn't on clarkmoody
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Maybe is just a continuation of the limitations in United States against online gambling

Thanks telemaco, and this article is a good find.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Is anyone using bitcoinwisdom.com ? I just stumbled upon it via reddit and I'm shocked I never knew about it. It's like clarkmoody...but with better graphs and a harder to read order book... at least to my eyes.

It's almost as good, but I prefer clarkmoody's graph, even if it's sometimes buggy. But I like that this graph is steeper looking. Then again, the other chart is steep enough. Both have very few indicators. Too bad there's not a chart with pivot/fibo.
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
$100 has held firm this time... We're seeing higher lows at each successive dump.

Wow thanks for sharing it. Very good graphs indeed!
Jump to: