Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33354. (Read 26462867 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Dwolla has been issued a seizure warrant. This means MtGox's Dwolla account and the funds held in that account have been seized until the investigation is concluded. This does not mean they will get those funds back. That will be determined by the outcome of the investigation.

Mt.Gox is most likely a target for several factors. 1. The fact that I can deposit in USD and buy bitcoin then transfer those bitcoin anonymously to any where I want in the world, sell those for a currency other than USD and then deposit that currency into a foreign account with no regulation, or taxation is where the US AML (Anti Money Laundering) and KYC (Know Your Customer) policies take effect. Mt.Gox can not reasonably provide an account of transactions to the US Government showing what happened to either the funds or the bitcoin.

IMO this is what they are going to use to begin shutting down all US based funding to any form of bitcoin trading platform.

The US Government has a number of bills in place that they are trying to pass such as SOPA, Online taxation, etc. 25 States in the US already have internet filtering laws. I am sure after the media frenzy a team was assembled to investigate Bitcoin and to see how/if it can in fact be regulated and taxed and when it was determined this would not be possible they have switched gears to shutting it down.

This is exactly how it started when it came to online gambling. Seizure warrants, cease and desists were sent to every financial institution in the states banning them from funding any site that allowed card games and/or games of chance.

For those of you saying Dwolla sucks anyway I agree. However Dwolla is the leading US funding source for MtGox, the most widely used, and widely publicized. If you were trying to send a clear message would you go for the jugular or start with the toes? They don't care about the "little guys" YET.

Tradehill, Coinbase, CampBX, these are all US Based trading platforms. I would keep your eyes on these. If and when any or all of them get shut down for similar issues then you will know without a doubt that the US is moving forward to quietly wipe out Bitcoin.  

^^^This.  Using Homeland Secuity, also means the U.S. could theoretically have a drone hovering over MtGox by morning.   Grin.
Activity: 303
Dwolla has been issued a seizure warrant. This means MtGox's Dwolla account and the funds held in that account have been seized until the investigation is concluded. This does not mean they will get those funds back. That will be determined by the outcome of the investigation.

Mt.Gox is most likely a target for several factors. 1. The fact that I can deposit in USD and buy bitcoin then transfer those bitcoin anonymously to any where I want in the world, sell those for a currency other than USD and then deposit that currency into a foreign account with no regulation, or taxation is where the US AML (Anti Money Laundering) and KYC (Know Your Customer) policies take effect. Mt.Gox can not reasonably provide an account of transactions to the US Government showing what happened to either the funds or the bitcoin.

IMO this is what they are going to use to begin shutting down all US based funding to any form of bitcoin trading platform.

The US Government has a number of bills in place that they are trying to pass such as SOPA, Online taxation, etc. 25 States in the US already have internet filtering laws. I am sure after the media frenzy a team was assembled to investigate Bitcoin and to see how/if it can in fact be regulated and taxed and when it was determined this would not be possible they have switched gears to shutting it down.

This is exactly how it started when it came to online gambling. Seizure warrants, cease and desists were sent to every financial institution in the states banning them from funding any site that allowed card games and/or games of chance.

For those of you saying Dwolla sucks anyway I agree. However Dwolla is the leading US funding source for MtGox, the most widely used, and widely publicized. If you were trying to send a clear message would you go for the jugular or start with the toes? They don't care about the "little guys" YET.

Tradehill, Coinbase, CampBX, these are all US Based trading platforms. I would keep your eyes on these. If and when any or all of them get shut down for similar issues then you will know without a doubt that the US is moving forward to quietly wipe out Bitcoin.  

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

this is good news.
Don't expect the imminent bounce back this time..

Slightly confused by this statement  Tongue

what? no thats crazy bitcoin ALWAYS bounces back  Wink

also in other news, you can no longer withdraw your money from MtGox to Dallow, something about a court order. US sellers have to use a wire transfers now. this makes it easier for Big Bad Government to make damn sure no pot smoking hippie cashes out on mtgox.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hoping for a dead cat bounce here - can we have a bigger fall please?
I have some cash still, and I want cheap coins!
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
well quite some good support on bid side corresponding to these news or do you think we go double digits?
shit I came too late,
what happened to nice stability, I don't want to search through last ten pages?
We had some bad news or just pumpndump?
could somebody give short feedback?
just read some dwollathingyproblem...

SWAT team smashed their way into Gox and knocked everyone off their rubber balls

say what? did they ddos too hard for american taste?
I'm just reading through last pages but can't really get the right info why this happened?
Is there something from news agencies or what's going on?

edit: ah thanks for answer
Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
shit I came too late,

Dwolla sucks
Implying Dwolla froze MTGoX's account just for shits and giggles, as apposed to a Department of Homeland Security mandate.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
As of close, yesterday:

Drop the blue trendline down a bit and we are still on it.

Subconsciously or otherwise, that line is in people's heads and is affecting their long-term plans.
New chart please.
Activity: 174
Merit: 101
shit I came too late,

DHS is freezing Mutum Sigillum LLC assets, which is the US-based arm of Mt. Gox. Their Dwolla account is confirmed, but we don't know of any other asset seizures.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
shit I came too late,

SWAT team smashed their way into Gox and knocked everyone off their rubber balls
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
shit I came too late,

Dwolla sucks
shit I came too late,
Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
NOOOOO, I missed pg 420 xD

Also this crash is due to the dwolla thing, if you think otherwise then that's cool too I guess, I for sure can't change your mindset.

But it's due to dwolla seizure.

That is all.
Hey, I just heard Dwolla was freezing incoming transactions of FIAT currency, so I decided I should quick sell the currency that I own that can't be frozen in exchange for some currency that has a good chance of being locked down!
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked

You need to brush your hair Chartbuddy, you're looking a bit scruffy
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
NOOOOO, I missed pg 420 xD

Also this crash is due to the dwolla thing, if you think otherwise then that's cool too I guess, I for sure can't change your mindset.

But it's due to dwolla seizure.

That is all.

Holy shit!!!! The code has been cracked!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Jump to: