Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33347. (Read 26462970 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 250
So people temporarily can't get their USD out of MtGox (at least not through Dwolla) and as a result, they're mass *selling* their bitcoins, to get *more* USD which they can't get out? DHS can only seize fiat funds. Riiiight

Activity: 686
Where do you guys read about Dwolla before the news broke??
I read about it, checked goxs fb ,twt, page nothing, thought the guys were trolling.

I went 50/50 ,
Woke up and, Damn ...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
If there's bigger news in the morning about DHS launching criminal proceedings against Gox, yesterday's downswing will look mild. If the biggest BTC exchange loses the ability to do business with US clients, that's a _huge_ problem, and not at all a case of having weak hands or being too bearish.

Oh for sure.  If they go after Gox directly...that's 80% of the market, frozen.  These prices may make no sense to me at the moment but there is no way, I'd be keeping anything at Gox right now.  You're just asking to lose it all.  And nothing says they have to give it back either.  

On a side note:  This stuff is really fascinating.  What a unique time in history.  

The solution is to keep your assets in BTC in your own wallet, not as fiat or BTC in exchange accounts.

Which really is nothing new.

Buying BTC to transfer out makes sense but holding a devaluing currency is just silly when I can convert to fiat somewhere else and rebuy low.

Your constant desire to buy lower (along with others like you) when you have already had ample opportunity is what is devaluing the currency. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

At some point, the momentum of what you are trying to do in the short term  will overwhelm any momentum that will allow you to gain longer-term. People will just get bored. Then you can buy your cheap coins, and keep them.
Activity: 252
If there's bigger news in the morning about DHS launching criminal proceedings against Gox, yesterday's downswing will look mild. If the biggest BTC exchange loses the ability to do business with US clients, that's a _huge_ problem, and not at all a case of having weak hands or being too bearish.

Oh for sure.  If they go after Gox directly...that's 80% of the market, frozen.  These prices may make no sense to me at the moment but there is no way, I'd be keeping anything at Gox right now.  You're just asking to lose it all.  And nothing says they have to give it back either.  

On a side note:  This stuff is really fascinating.  What a unique time in history.  

The solution is to keep your assets in BTC in your own wallet, not as fiat or BTC in exchange accounts.

Buying BTC to transfer out makes sense but holding a devaluing currency is just silly when one can convert to fiat somewhere else and rebuy low.  Unless you're going long. I'm looking for cheap coins and the dollar is certainly more stable than BTC.  
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

Activity: 411
oh god.. even the fud is getting boring..

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
It's ok, ignorance is bliss. People need their illusions.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Didn't really check the price/news since yesterday noon, only saw it dropped sharply at some point. Now I come back to... this. Not pretty at all.

Then again, some of you ladies seem to get a bit panicky under stress.

"SELL NOW before the DHS/CIA/Gestapo gets you!"

"Double digits, tomorrow morning!!!"

"There's sand in my vagina, how do I get it out... nevermind, just SELL SELL SELL"

I mean, I didn't expect anything else of clowns like 4key, but Coinseeker? what the fuck, ? I mean, no objection to you going short. No objection to you posting about it, once or twice. But reading through the last two pages, judging by the overall tone of panic (not just by you, not my intention to single you out), one could think the price went back to single digits this night.

Moderation, folks, in both directions. Don't lose your shit when price goes up, but don't lose it either when it goes down :/

What?  Me waking up and saying the same thing you did which is, "huh?", is some how a negative?   Huh  This night just gets weirder and weirder.  
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Didn't really check the price/news since yesterday noon, only saw it dropped sharply at some point. Now I come back to... this. Not pretty at all.

Then again, some of you ladies seem to get a bit panicky under stress.

"SELL NOW before the DHS/CIA/Gestapo gets you!"

"Double digits, tomorrow morning!!!"

"There's sand in my vagina, how do I get it out... nevermind, just SELL SELL SELL"

I mean, I didn't expect anything else of clowns like 4key, but Coinseeker? what the fuck, ? I mean, no objection to you going short. No objection to you posting about it, once or twice. But reading through the last two pages, judging by the overall tone of panic (not just by you, not my intention to single you out), one could think the price went back to single digits this night.

Moderation, folks, in both directions. Don't lose your shit when price goes up, but don't lose it either when it goes down :/
These micro buys are killing me. 
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Holy slippage!  Cheesy

This guy really wanted in.

100 trades in the last 12 hours with a 1.1% spread... we could use some more liquidity, although I'm happy to take the profits for providing what I'm willing to provide.
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
I really wish I hadn't decided that getting up early was better than sleeping in all day yesterday
Activity: 434
Holy slippage!  Cheesy

This guy really wanted in.

Wow.. that brings back sweet memories. Cheesy

Except in the Bitcoin version, when you jump off the cliff, you float higher.   Huh
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked

Maybe that's the problem, perhaps if my computer didn't have a 386 processor and Windows 3.1 then I'd be able to keep up with the trading.....

I love that game  Cheesy
I guess we'll see.  I certainly can't go back to sleep now, that's for sure.    Embarrassed
Activity: 434
Jump to: