Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33455. (Read 26462024 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
this price is a bad joke.. we will see us at 10$ again ^^

I think I agree it's completely overpriced which is why nobody's buying.

The price is massively inflated on pure speculation alone. It will come down, I think it's a just a matter of waiting.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
True, feels to me like calm before the bear attack, probably down atleast to 90 before the weekend. Sold @112
I smell the lack of confidence of bulls despite all the good news flowing around, I won't be surprised if that really happens.
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
If you look the howl stats now...

this price is a bad joke.. we will see us at 10$ again ^^
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
They're holding the price at 113, whilst bitstamp just saw a $2.5 drop. Coincidence?

I saw that drop, but there was almost no volumen (< 10 BTC) involved. It's more the fact that there isn't much money/coins +-2 around. That's were the price oscillates. But things like that can ignite a wildfire.

After bigger market moves where the gap between the walls is huge, people refer to this oscillation as ebb and flow, I think.
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
Interesting watching the numerous 0.1337 sales nibble away at the available bids. I assume that it is a bot. I cannot figure a motive. Its not frequent enough to cause lag. It is not even handled - so I rule out an arb bot. Why not just buy from the large bid at the top of the depth in one lot.

Is it a signal among a team of traders? Does anyone do such a thing?

Noticed the exact same thing.

But don't project anything into this yet. People get bored, when nothing is happening.

Btw. would I be allowed to make a bot that posts bank holiday information here every 24 hours? Do I need permission from the Mod Team or someone else?

I can only speak for myself, but some kind of calendar with important events would be useful anyway.

In case you didn't saw.. Short clip with Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger on Bitcoin. Nothing special, but I think it's quite positive to see Bitcoin become a regular topic to talk about in public television.

They're holding the price at 113, whilst bitstamp just saw a $2.5 drop. Coincidence?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
The calm before the storm

Activity: 252
Ok?  What the hell?  We go from Armageddon to watching grass grow.  Sheesh!  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
Well, the oscillations (gravy train) are essentially over on the mother-of-all-triangles.  We are entering the pinch point.  The next few days will be interesting.

In all metrics you could go either way:

Apologies for quoting a day old post on a topic that moves as fast as this, but I wanted to say thanks for a very interesting analysis. By all means, keep on posting Smiley

Thanks!  I suppose the tl;dr; takeaway from my post is that trading this situation is just gambling.  So instead use the little dips or rises to re-position yourself for moves in either direction.

Interesting watching the numerous 0.1337 sales nibble away at the available bids. I assume that it is a bot. I cannot figure a motive. Its not frequent enough to cause lag. It is not even handled - so I rule out an arb bot. Why not just buy from the large bid at the top of the depth in one lot.

1337 refer to word "leet"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

Maybe some gamer hooked his frag count to his trading bot?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Bulls' new tactic - bore the f*#$ out of the bears till they remove the ask walls?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

Noticed the exact same thing.

But don't project anything into this yet. People get bored, when nothing is happening.

Btw. would I be allowed to make a bot that posts bank holiday information here every 24 hours? Do I need permission from the Mod Team or someone else?

I can only speak for myself, but some kind of calendar with important events would be useful anyway.

In case you didn't saw.. Short clip with Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger on Bitcoin. Nothing special, but I think it's quite positive to see Bitcoin become a regular topic to talk about in public television.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

1337 refer to word "leet"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet
Activity: 336
Didn't check the data, but I'm the only one feeling this is the Wednesday with lowest volume in 2013? We had many weekends with more volume than this.

That would impossible to tell as we're not finished yet!

Wednesday trade for 2013: note that 9th Jan 2013 was VERY quiet, right before launching quietly into the dominant trend of the year so far!

Edit: 9th busiest Wednesday ever in USD volume and we have 9 hours to go.

Where did you get this data? Is it easy to access? Thanks for a reply.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Didn't check the data, but I'm the only one feeling this is the Wednesday with lowest volume in 2013? We had many weekends with more volume than this.

Wednesday trade for 2013: note that 9th Jan 2013 was VERY quiet, right before launching quietly into the dominant trend of the year so far!

This was @ 10:30 it's now around 37,000.

Thanks for the data, very interesting indeed. So volume is not so low, we had slower Wednesdays not only in January... But also in February!

Memory is a bitch. I guess it's just me, anxiously waiting for the tipping point we should see soon enough.
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

History repeating itself?

If you mean "The price goes up and the price goes down", yes.

Lulz, this was my exact thought as well
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

Edit: 9th busiest Wednesday ever in USD volume and we have 9 hours to go.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

If you mean "The price goes up and the price goes down", yes.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Activity: 294

Jump to: