Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33463. (Read 26461926 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
The lag is pretty silly, I don't know wy Mt.Gox puts up with people putting up bids of 0.01 @ 0.01 and then removes them, it's obvious spam to lag the server, they should at least throttle bids and asks that are far outside the range of current spot.

Please feel welcome to add to this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mt-gox-some-trading-bots-are-out-of-control-spambots-174526
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Well, I aim for 3% increase in BTC volume per day, so since I have just bought the BTC at $112.5, it's not worth cutting my losses at $110, as it will take longer to recover them.
Anyway, the downward trend seems to have lost momentum, and is turning back upwards.

I'm trying to make my initial buy-in of 6.2 bitcoins* into enough to quit work - I'm at 16.7 now, after 2.5 weeks, so eventually I will manage it - if only I can purchase and sell at the right time for once.

I'd rather take my time, and tread carefully. I have slipped back too many times this week (I had 22.5 BTC at one point, then held cash due to a badly timed sell, as it shot up on the 3rd while I was asleep. I tried to recover by buying in late, just as it peaked again - I lost about $500 that day) Sad

The thing is, I have very limited resources, and I really don't think it will drop much below $110 again any time soon, so I'd rather not risk it.

* I bought those (literally) 15 minutes before it plunged from $250....

I hear ya man. I bought in with 5 btc at 183. Then I was in denial the entire time it plunged and didn't sell.

Don't sell. Put them away for 1 year.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
Well, I aim for 3% increase in BTC volume per day, so since I have just bought the BTC at $112.5, it's not worth cutting my losses at $110, as it will take longer to recover them.
Anyway, the downward trend seems to have lost momentum, and is turning back upwards.

I'm trying to make my initial buy-in of 6.2 bitcoins* into enough to quit work - I'm at 16.7 now, after 2.5 weeks, so eventually I will manage it - if only I can purchase and sell at the right time for once.

I'd rather take my time, and tread carefully. I have slipped back too many times this week (I had 22.5 BTC at one point, then held cash due to a badly timed sell, as it shot up on the 3rd while I was asleep. I tried to recover by buying in late, just as it peaked again - I lost about $500 that day) Sad

The thing is, I have very limited resources, and I really don't think it will drop much below $110 again any time soon, so I'd rather not risk it.

* I bought those (literally) 15 minutes before it plunged from $250....

I hear ya man. I bought in with 5 btc at 183. Then I was in denial the entire time it plunged and didn't sell.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Anyone know where I can get the complete historic price data of Gox in USD? I was using BitcoinCharts but they don't allow you to specify beginning times at the moment.

You can use Mt.Gox own API. Works for all time.

https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/trades/fetch?since=1 [18.07.2010]
https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/trades/fetch?since=1309108565842636 [26.06.2011]

The first 200,000+ trades used sequential integers for their tid values, up to 218868. After this, unix microstamps are used instead, starting with 1309108565842636.

To obtain all data, first fetch trades since 0, then feed in the last tid from the data you just fetched to get the next block of data. Repeat this process up until current data (note, make sure to limit your requests, e.g. 10 every 10 seconds, to avoid being blocked by the anti-DDoS filters)

The above method will work seamlessly across the tid transition

The primary field specifies whether the trade was originally ordered in the given currency - since trades may appear on multiple tickers, you may need to ignore trades with primary: 'N' values

As noted above, since gives the tid after which to obtain trades, so for example, passing since=10 will return trade data starting with the trade whose tid is 11.

https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview#markdown-header-moneytradesfetch
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
The bubble leaked out some air... and now is growing again.... and what i suspect is a big burst... cheers
Activity: 280
Activity: 434
Take 2000 data points each time until you reach the beginning of history?  Grin
http://bitcoincharts.com/about/markets-api/

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
Anyone know where I can get the complete historic price data of Gox in USD? I was using BitcoinCharts but they don't allow you to specify beginning times at the moment.
The lag enables you to remove your walls in time.  Grin
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
I'm buying back in now at a huge loss. These guys lagging gox are going to push it up to $125. Gox really needs to put an end to this exploit.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
The lag is pretty silly, I don't know wy Mt.Gox puts up with people putting up bids of 0.01 @ 0.01 and then removes them, it's obvious spam to lag the server, they should at least throttle bids and asks that are far outside the range of current spot.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Climbing too steeply - I expect a bit of a drop now, maybe down to $110 - I hope so!

EDIT: $90 would be very nice! - but highly unlikely tonight I think.
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
Stop with lagging the gox price up, i need it to drop 25% so i can get my $90 coins back.
Activity: 371
No decisive movement yet, eh? Alright then, summary time. (sorry for the sloppy style, this is more or less stream of consciousness)

Ignoring the possibility of continuation of the horizontal trend (that'd be boring), what are arguments in favor of continuation of the correction, i.e. downwards trend (red line in my previous chart) vs. continuation of upwards trend (green line)

(1) forum sentiment: cautiously bullish ("I'll buy for sure when we get lower") seems to be quite prevalent

(2) post bubble, volume on the way down was significantly higher than on the way up. suggests selling pressure, but could also mean sellers are running out of ammo.

(3) EMAs: D1, H4 undecided (just crossed over from above), H1 still bearish, but tendency towards crossover from below.

(4) total trading volume (in USD) is maybe on the low end for what is necessary to support the long-term upwards trend. (pointed out by WackyWilly)

(5) re: converging trendlines, as pointed out by 100x, me, and others: post-bubble, bit more evidence for the downward trend (3 vs 2 points of contact)

(6) If supporting trend (green line in my chart) = January 9 long-term expon. trend, then we're a bit ahead, should be hitting 100 only mid-May.

(7) order book (yes, I know, fake walls everywhere): total bid/total ask: 105. average of price if all sold at current prices, all bought at current prices: 120.5

pro bull: 1, 7
pro bear: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Hmmm... I don't like the way my own summary looks. My gut tells me we should be going up, but my little collection of evidence points to continuation of the correction.

/pseudoscience

6 could be pro bull no?... converging on 100, and next week is mid May

5 could change

also H4 and D1 are always too late for a too fast moving market like this. When they signal bearish we are almost changing trend.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
A hero has stepped forward on team green (or maybe everyone else just stepped back). Fireworks soon?
Jump to: