Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33521. (Read 26461297 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
My guess is it's some asshole country bumpkin who just won some lottery money and doesn't know any better. He heard about the Murican Bitcoin during a commercial while drunk off his Milwaukee's Best watching "Ow! My Ballz!" and just plopped some of his winnings on Gox without any further clue.

"Idiocracy" is probable the best forcast of our future ever made Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
In Gord We Trust
My guess is it's some asshole country bumpkin who just won some lottery money and doesn't know any better. He heard about the Murican Bitcoin during a commercial while drunk off his Milwaukee's Best watching "Ow! My Ballz!" and just plopped some of his winnings on Gox without any further clue.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
All this manipulation talk is getting boring/old.

Have you guys consider for a split second that somebody might really want to sell those coins?

I'm confused, if this is a manipulation attempt, then, when the manipulator places his selling order, will you guys also say it's a manipulation move? Or is it a legitimate sell?
Also, all this work pushing the price up, then he, according you guys' manipulation theories, is able to sell at higher price. I hate to burst your bubbles, but if removes the wall there is no market depth to execute his selling orders at whatever prices he has been trying to push to.

Also, if you have more money than what is necessary to manipulate a market, then  you can only go for peanuts anyway. Market manipulations usually have strategic/political goals behind. Sinking a small player, build or destroy confidence on an niche, media access, etc.   Manipulating to capitalize doesn't really work, if you are the biggest player then you are the most affected by your manipulation.

Just my 2 cents.

That wall will either be consumed (even after a couple of moves) or the money will be thrown directly at executable prices driving the market up. I think the chances of it being just removed followed by a price drop, are low.

Can someone who knows more than me please answer this? Zenmario provides the most logical argument for this wall I have read today.

i agree with zenmario. 'market manipulation' is usually just large players performing their best action given market conditions. it's just as 'fair' as smaller sums attempting similar tricks on smaller scales.

You just don't put a $2M wall on a market so tiny as BTC. If you are really interested in buying $2M of BTC, you buy OTC to secure an exchange rate in order to avoid huge fluctuation, or you simply trade smaller amounts at different price points. Otherwise you are a crazy fool who burns his money. You are really implying there is a guy that was hoping to buy $2M in BTC at $100, then he saw price go up and he placed his $2M a 10% higher, then tomorrow he will probably place it a 20% higher... No way. And these are no smaller guys acting, there is a $2M wall that appeared suddenly on the order book (blockchained) and that moved from $100 to $110 pushing the price up.

There is really no way that a guy suddenly received his $2M at Gox on a Sunday and decided to place it's hugenbid  $5 below spot to see if it gets filled... And all of this after a major crash.

Zenmario: you are serious about saying that is unlikely that the wall gets removed if the price goes down? Man, huge walls vanish into thin air every day as price approaches them, and this happens both on the bid and the ask side. Just check what happened before the weekend, only wall that resisted was at $80, all the others weren't eaten, 80% of them just vanished
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
1% being MtGox.
1% will make profit, MtGox will make profit(maybe 10%), 99% will lose :-)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
legendary
Can someone who knows more than me please answer this? Zemario provides the most logical argument for this wall I have read today.

Do you want buy HIGH ? Do you want sell LOW ?
Anybody who want buy high and sell low ?

Everybody want to buy low sell high, ... in zero-sum game it is impossible. 99% will lose 1% will make profit.
Activity: 448
this statement is false

Have you guys consider for a split second that somebody might really want to sell those coins?

I'm confused, if this is a manipulation attempt, then, when the manipulator places his selling order, will you guys also say it's a manipulation move? Or is it a legitimate sell?
Also, all this work pushing the price up, then he, according you guys' manipulation theories, is able to sell at higher price. I hate to burst your bubbles, but if removes the wall there is no market depth to execute his selling orders at whatever prices he has been trying to push to.

Also, if you have more money than what is necessary to manipulate a market, then  you can only go for peanuts anyway. Market manipulations usually have strategic/political goals behind. Sinking a small player, build or destroy confidence on an niche, media access, etc.   Manipulating to capitalize doesn't really work, if you are the biggest player then you are the most affected by your manipulation.

Just my 2 cents.

That wall will either be consumed (even after a couple of moves) or the money will be thrown directly at executable prices driving the market up. I think the chances of it being just removed followed by a price drop, are low.

Can someone who knows more than me please answer this? Zenmario provides the most logical argument for this wall I have read today.

i agree with zenmario. 'market manipulation' is usually just large players performing their best action given market conditions. it's just as 'fair' as smaller sums attempting similar tricks on smaller scales.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Just my 2 cents.

Can someone who knows more than me please answer this? Zemario provides the most logical argument for this wall I have read today.
legendary

Don't think this is happening. No way he is dumping his coins on a Sunday, I would wait until at least Monday, and I won't be surprised if the dump happens on Wednesday. On a weekday that wall has a real chance to trigger a rally.

BTC market is really a joke, $2M usd and a few thousands coins are really enough to move the market at your will, I guess that's why we have so many traders posting how "fun" is BTC when compared to "real" stock markets and "mainstream" currency trading

If you know simply math then
1. 11M btc exists
2. if somebody can buy 15k btc then there is NOT more than 11M/15k = 734 traders trading this amount (700 traders are not mainstream)
3.  80% bitcoiners hold bitcoin for long ->  there are maximum 74 traders what can afford sell 15k btc

Yet 15K coins are less than $2M, thus BTC is so tiny it's still a peanut... It's very easy and cheap to become a fundamental force of the market, look at the Winklevoss, two guys just bought 1% of the actual BTC supply for an amount of fiat that for them means nothing. Extrapolate that to the total amount of USD circulating. Crazy shit. BTC it's still in a very early stage,.
legendary
Oh right, walls...

So, about the 2 millions wall, when is it going to be lifted?

It would be nice to see someone drunk and playful enough to put a BTC300k wall just $5 above the $2M wall, just to test who's penis is bigger

But it's a pity, because there are many many many many many more guys with $2M than with BTC300K Cheesy
legendary

Don't think this is happening. No way he is dumping his coins on a Sunday, I would wait until at least Monday, and I won't be surprised if the dump happens on Wednesday. On a weekday that wall has a real chance to trigger a rally.

BTC market is really a joke, $2M usd and a few thousands coins are really enough to move the market at your will, I guess that's why we have so many traders posting how "fun" is BTC when compared to "real" stock markets and "mainstream" currency trading

If you know simply math then
1. 11M btc exists
2. if somebody can buy 15k btc then there is NOT more than 11M/15k = 734 traders trading this amount (700 traders are not mainstream)
3.  80% bitcoiners hold bitcoin for long ->  there are maximum 74 traders what can afford sell 15k btc
Activity: 194

Just my 2 cents.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

try stay on topic please guys

I think China is going to be more of a large Vacuum than a wall. But no matter, they are going to suck up a lot of coins.

Still got that big wall at $110 and smaller sell wall at $120. Both are huge though...
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
Oh right, walls...

Smiley
SAQ
Activity: 56
legendary
I'd prefer it if they nudge the 120 wall first... I need to sell before I can buy.

I think that whoever is putting the wall at $110 is trying to get the price up to $120-$125 so he can get rid of the last dump of coins he bought at a higher price before the value started going down. We should see some movement as soon as we get to a new high point. ($120 or $125 or whatever it might be) - As the price rises to ~$119 he is going to move the wall from $110 to $115 in order to put even more buying pressure on the market, so that he can get the price over his desired value.

It's not going to make it that far, though. People are becoming wise to the plan.

The guy is probably going to get impatient soon if he's been waiting for the price to hit $120 all day long. He might dump his coins at $117 already.

Btw. 2 and a half minutes of Goxic lag right now.

Activity: 238
when the culprit has persuaded the market to go high enough for him to move it up more?
Activity: 434
Oh right, walls...

SAQ
Activity: 56
Why is no one selling or buying 116 - 117 is boring me.
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

try stay on topic please guys

Jump to: