Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33581. (Read 26454721 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Isn't this the place to use all of your verbal wit to talk the price up?

For me, this place seems to have gone from a mostly honest discussion about the price to a lot of people trying to talk the price up or down in order to try to sell high or buy cheap (mostly the latter).
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Sorry wrong direction. Fixed above.
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
So are bear traps self fulfilling in that someone just has to keep smacking the price around enough that investors lose faith or get bored or whatever long enough that the money flows out?

I do not understand what you mean. Here is a common definition of a bear trap from Investopedia ...

A false signal that the rising trend of a stock or index has reversed when it has not. A bear trap prompts traders to place shorts on the stock or index, since they expect the underlying to decline in value. Instead of declining further, the investment stays flat, or slightly recovers.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Yes.

There is a big difference between dealing (making contracts via puts) and trolling/speculating on the price.

Now go back into the hole you came out of and find a place to do your deals.

Like I said, no one gives a shit. Hence market place forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
So are bear bull traps self fulfilling in that someone just has to keep smacking the price around enough that investors lose faith or get bored or whatever long enough that the money flows out?
After that the price has nowhere to go but down.

EDIT: It is too early to type
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
If my calculations are right I would break even when bitcoin goes down to 89$?
I prefer to sell the 100BTC now, and buy myself 146 if it really goes down that far...

You are welcome to bid a lower price, or specify your bid in relation to the latest Mt.Gox price or absolutely whatever (by PM). I will now take some fresh air and my dinner should also be ready eventually.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
If my calculations are right I would break even when bitcoin goes down to 89$?
I prefer to sell the 100BTC now, and buy myself 146 if it really goes down that far...

... and sorry for spamming the thread - my initial observation:

What does the comparatively low difference between MtGox and BTC-E tell us?
Also it has been a loooong time since bitcoin.de and btcchina.com are dealing higher than MtGox.
donator

Or down.
Depending if you are long or short.
Please specify the put option you are offering. Strike 115$, okay. When will they mature? Would you be willing to go through escrow?

It is fully specified, read above. Escrow (John K./zeroday) ok for the premium amount. Buyer pays all escrow fees.
legendary

Or down.
Depending if you are long or short.
Please specify the put option you are offering. Strike 115$, okay. When will they mature? Would you be willing to go through escrow?
legendary
What does the comparatively low difference between MtGox and BTC-E tell us?
Also it has been a loooong time since bitcoin.de and btcchina.com are dealing higher than MtGox.
donator
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Can you guys (Reptilia and others)  make your deals in the market place section or on PM?

No one gives a shit about your put options. Thanks  Tongue
donator
Umm.. more like:

---------------****************************************************************************************----------------
THE BUYER OF THIS PUT OPTION IS ENTITLED TO GIVE BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS, WHICH WILL BE USED AS FOLLOWS:

RPIETILA WILL BE BOUND TO SEND $115 USD TO THE BANK ACCOUNT SPECIFIED, SO THAT THE WIRE CLEARS NO LONGER THAN 7 BANK DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF BITCOINS IN THE ADDRESS:

1PtQHwwwucuRno6HfyGTemrQCgoSn5F4Hw

THE BITCOINS WILL HAVE TO BE SENT IN LOTS NO SMALLER THAN BTC250, AND ANY BALANCE OVER BTC500 WILL BE KEPT. THEREFORE THE MAXIMUM USD THAT RPIETILA IS BOUND TO SURRENDER IS $57500, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE RECEIPT OF 500 BITCOINS. THIS AGREEMENT IS IN FORCE FOR BITCOIN TRANSFERS EFFECTED ON OR BEFORE 30. JUNE, 2013.
---------------****************************************************************************************----------------

The above is an example text, the actual option will be some sort of verifiable private communication.

Takers, bids?  Grin For BTC100 I can sell right away..

Please do not use the following address for anything except to send the premium of these puts to me, according to further private communication between the buyer and me, the writer:

16nGk9anaXxJiGY48u9gtzmibAYhVWdyCd

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
Relentless selling pressure.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
this statement is false
If you are so sure of that bitcoin is going down, all you need to do, is:

- Pay me BTC100
- Make sure you have enough fiat to buy BTC500 when you believe it is time to sell them to me
-  Huh
- Profit

What a sorry douche you are, not possessing even BTC100 and understanding that if you did, you could easily call me on this one. Now all you can do is drool on your keyb,
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Its a long thread.  What's this offer everyone is talking about?
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
"I think it will reach $1M (per BTC) before Christmas this year" - rpietila

That's a pretty bold prediction, if he really thinks that, he could easily think that price won't go below $115 *ever* again and be wrong. Bitcoin obviously won't go to 1 million dollar per coin this year. I'm a strong bull myself, but that's just silly bubble talk.

The question is how to take his put and not risk getting scammed? (I'm not interested in a put since I only hold, but I don't think the put itself is the problem, I think it's the risk of fraud)

Only idiot with complete lack of self-respect would think a second about accepting anything this douche is offering. I'd rather sell my coins for 3$ each. He can put his wire in his arse, I'm sure he'd enjoy it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
this statement is false
I'm not taking rpietila's offer because I think I'm comfortable as is, without needing to leverage. I have about 80 dollars on MtGox per every BTC I have (including everything I have in cold storage). If the price goes up, my Bitcoins rise in value. If the price goes down, I have an opportunity to purchase more bitcoins at a reduced price.

that's how you manage risk. good job. lizardman is gonna swallow some hilarious losses if he really is all-in.

edit: or at least miss out on bitcoin-denominated profit by having no fiat as the price moves down. does anyone know what his base price is?
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
I'm not taking rpietila's offer because I think I'm comfortable as is, without needing to leverage. I have about 80 dollars on MtGox per every BTC I have (including everything I have in cold storage). If the price goes up, my Bitcoins rise in value. If the price goes down, I have an opportunity to purchase more bitcoins at a reduced price.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
"I think it will reach $1M (per BTC) before Christmas this year" - rpietila

That's a pretty bold prediction, if he really thinks that, he could easily think that price won't go below $115 *ever* again and be wrong. Bitcoin obviously won't go to 1 million dollar per coin this year. I'm a strong bull myself, but that's just silly bubble talk.

The question is how to take his put and not risk getting scammed? (I'm not interested in a put since I only hold, but I don't think the put itself is the problem, I think it's the risk of fraud)
Jump to: