Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 3. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10
freelanex.io
March 18, 2019, 10:13:58 AM
Selling when at a peak jump is an advantage that should not be missed. The cause of the surge must be examined before making a decision. Analyzing the possibility of continued surges is also important so there is no need to rush. So, whatever decision I make must be based on research.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
March 18, 2019, 09:56:33 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

I don't think this can be said correctly. because there is a mechanism that I must do to sell or keep holding it. this depends on market growth or market movements.
but if you are a trader you can sell it and wait for it to go down and buy it again
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
March 18, 2019, 09:48:58 AM
If our assets or our altcoins increase, of course what is done if I experience it. Of course I will sell it when prices increase. With that maybe I will get a profit there is nothing wrong if you want to buy the altcoin again if the increase always happens. It's better to wait for the altcoin to go down and then you buy and hold it again.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
March 18, 2019, 09:17:53 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
If it goes up quickly I usually sold 50-75% of my portfolio and wait to buy back for possible correction and usually it works but still it depends in market condition just always be vigilant in every action  you take to avoid being FOMO.
This may vary depending on the situation. Perhaps there was a news that could be increased more. Or there may be a situation where they all need to be sold. So always behaving the same can cause regret.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
March 17, 2019, 09:50:03 PM
My choice is that I will sell the tokens in my hands immediately, because this 30% increase will not last long. Finally, buy at a low price.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
March 16, 2019, 06:44:42 PM
when my coin has jumped, then I will sell it, because the price of the coin is uncertain. moreover the increase in the price of coins usually takes a long time. so when the coin price rises, then directly sell it without having to be too long.

most people think that if the price of a coin that we have increases, they will immediately sell. especially I will do that too. the problem is that the situation of increasing prices won't last forever. so we have to take advantage of the time that is happening.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
March 16, 2019, 12:16:08 PM
when my coins price spikes to a satan level for rich my target price I will Immediately sell my coin and take my profit and then wait for the drop to get chipper again withholding same profit in my kitty.

Hey that depends on which coins are we talking about, if it’s Bitcoins I’ll sell little from my holdings and make profits. If you’re referring to bitcoins cash, and other alts I’ll try to sell them all as fast as possible cause these coins fall very quickly after rising. The income that I earn from selling alts I’ll immediately reinvest in bitcoins for future earnings.
Activity: 686
Merit: 13
March 16, 2019, 11:23:23 AM
when my coins price spikes to a satan level for rich my target price I will Immediately sell my coin and take my profit and then wait for the drop to get chipper again withholding same profit in my kitty.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 269
March 16, 2019, 10:58:57 AM

when the price of coin increases. yes of course what I do is immediately sell the coins that I have. because the price increase will not always last. so for me when the price increases, I will use it directly
Activity: 639
Merit: 18
March 16, 2019, 10:41:48 AM
when my coin has jumped, then I will sell it, because the price of the coin is uncertain. moreover the increase in the price of coins usually takes a long time. so when the coin price rises, then directly sell it without having to be too long.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 279
March 16, 2019, 10:34:34 AM
Certainly make a sale when indeed the price is reaching the highest point or when the price we feel has reached a price that is suitable for us to sell
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
March 16, 2019, 10:33:36 AM

30% is  already a good profit but I don't recommend to sell all your coins with that percentage, there is still a chance for a 50% or even higher profit and you don't want to miss this, as much as possible if the coin has a good future do not sell half of it.
Activity: 272
Easy Digital Payment for the Future
March 16, 2019, 09:43:59 AM
if I look at the current market situation, maybe I will sell it because the opportunity now comes also rarely, so once it comes, it is better to sell it and original it so that I can have more coins and sing sell again at the peak price if it can still rise.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2019, 09:25:16 AM
For a sudden price surge, there must be a reason. If man-made manipulation leads to price increases, I will not hesitate to sell it; if it is a bull market, I will choose to continue to wait and see, because there will be room for growth.
Activity: 518
March 15, 2019, 09:12:33 PM
If my coins spikes atleast 50% i will sell it right away because the price of coins is volatility in the market you should be smart in every situation that happen in your coin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
March 15, 2019, 09:01:37 PM
If it goes up quickly I usually sold 50-75% of my portfolio and wait to buy back for possible correction and usually it works but still it depends in market condition just always be vigilant in every action  you take to avoid being FOMO.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
March 15, 2019, 05:21:56 PM
I have had many coins that showed exponential growth at one point when I was holding them. PRL and UFR probably the best examples. I sold, but unfortunately, the FOMO struck me and I bought back in. Shouldn't have done that.
When a coin of yours makes an awesome growth, sell it and take out some money.
Activity: 837
Merit: 1
March 15, 2019, 05:08:49 PM
Although it a matter of individual choices, but for me it depends on the project, also it depends if am in profit or not. If am in profit, I sell and invest in another potential coin. If am not in profit, I might cut losses and invest in other projects, but if the project is viable, then I will hold till am in profit.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
March 15, 2019, 04:42:14 PM
It is imperative to be prepared for this moment. Obviously, selling the coin at or near the peak is the best strategy, but you must place the correct pending orders.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
March 15, 2019, 04:36:30 PM
if for myself if the coin I hold is soaring, I will quickly sell it because I don't want to miss a good opportunity especially when market conditions like this are still difficult for me to benefit
Pages:
Jump to: