Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 5. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 424
Merit: 250
March 15, 2019, 02:16:04 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
there is a chance I will sell directly by selling when the price goes up, of course, I have made a profit. My goal here is to get profit so I will sell when the price goes up and wait for the price to go down and buy a good coin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
March 15, 2019, 12:34:42 AM
The market comes for profit, so it all depends on your strategy and your knowledge. If you work daily and follow the courses, then 30% is a good option, but always the decision is made in a particular case.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
March 15, 2019, 12:16:01 AM
What i will do would be selling those coins, because it already been to long and so sad, when it sold if the price is spike then it would be the fixing of my economy and feeling after waiting for too long.
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
March 14, 2019, 11:23:51 PM
Whenever I tried to sell or trade, earlier or later always loose. I found trading is most difficult job in cryptocurrency, but I now planned to just hold them restricting selling when infrequent bump occurs. I decided to sell only when I get a chance to earn more than what I bought those coins, which will take a longer time with any next bull run as I bought all those when BTC is around $19000.  
Activity: 394
Merit: 1
March 14, 2019, 11:21:41 PM
I often do that without having to wait 30% of the increase in coins that I have, especially with the current market conditions that are not good, an increase of 10-20% alone is very profitable. even if there is an opportunity like that of course I will do it and buy back when the price drops.
Activity: 644
March 14, 2019, 11:06:59 PM
In many case many altcoin posible to going up to 100% just in single days, so when my coin spike 30%, i just use trailling stop to lock the profit so incase the price back going down i still make profit around 20% to 25%, but if the price keep going up i can make more profit.
Activity: 786
Merit: 10
February 26, 2019, 05:55:40 PM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

That happenings might be the good indication of selling and getting the profits, remember that not all the times you can get a higher profits, so for me I would definitely sell, we could not predict as to when it could happen again due to its volatility.
copper member
Activity: 176
Merit: 0
February 25, 2019, 07:27:06 AM
Well this is a good question,  once I see my coin has spiked, if I can get at least  20 percent profit from the spike,  I would sell and then watch and wait for it's retracement then I buy back again while holding some profit.
Activity: 600
February 25, 2019, 07:01:57 AM
I think if I see the price of coins soaring, I think I'll sell it soon. Because for me this is also an opportunity to get more profits, because I believe that the development of krypto prices is now getting better every day.
Activity: 238
February 25, 2019, 07:00:07 AM

I mostly follow my instincts and try to "Predict" what's gonna happen next but that does not always work. Usually yes, i sell at peak and buy back at low but that was not always the case Smiley). You just have to know that any choice you make it's for your own interests and don't regret after selling/hodling.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
February 25, 2019, 06:53:17 AM
It actually depends on the person if he or she needs that money for something like investing or buying some stuffs, but for me i will still hold it until the value maybe become even tripled and thats the time i will sell it.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 25, 2019, 06:30:47 AM
jumped immediately, because in this bear market situation surges only take a few moments and then can go down again. therefore, when there is momentum the surge is immediately sold.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
February 25, 2019, 06:25:17 AM
if I think the altcoin I hold suddenly jumps, I think I will sell half of my investment in altcoins, and half I will invest in the long term.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
February 25, 2019, 06:20:20 AM
It depends on one's personal preference. I usually set a value wherein I sell my coins and that is usually 50%. When the increase in value is 50%, I sell my coins right away but of course it depends on your personal decision.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
February 24, 2019, 07:46:28 PM
Only greed will make one not sell and take profit at that point, 

False  .  greedy people do sell no matter what are the current condition of the market but as soon as they have a coin on their wallets they always find a way to sell it . wise people wont do that because they are in control of the situation . they knew that the market can still improve and can continue to grow for the better , thats why they opt to hold and wait a little more .
Activity: 1414
Merit: 259
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
February 24, 2019, 07:39:53 PM
what I do is sell it, even though I still like the coin but I can't just ignore the benefits that I can get because I can still buy the coin again when the price drops
the most important thing for me is profit, so when there is an opportunity to take it, I will take it
Activity: 624
BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange
February 24, 2019, 07:34:34 PM
Due to the long bear market I would sell my coin with that 30% gain and as you said if I see my coins goes dump after selling it then I will surely buyback all of them so in short I will a good profit after the spike.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
February 24, 2019, 07:30:06 PM
Depends on the coin that I hold and the circumstances. I often experience it. The price of the coin goes up, but I keep holding it back because the profit earned is little or no profit. And sometimes I'm willing to cut, because a coin has been dumped after some time. So, choose the best in your opinion. Because the views and needs of people are different.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
February 24, 2019, 07:19:14 PM
if you already feel enough with a jump and you make a profit even though it's not too big, it's better to just sell and coins that you hold in the future don't know it will go up or even go down, so take that opportunity even if you get a little profit or even down, you will lose.
but it's up to you, because everyone might think differently, people's beliefs are different, so do what you think is right but think well.
Activity: 546
Merit: 3
February 24, 2019, 06:50:04 PM
There was a time in the crypto world when if the price of your coins hit 30% gains you will still hold it because it can go higher, But now if your coins makes a 30% gain I will advise you to sell it because that's a huge profit now. You can still buy back if you think it's a good project with a bright future or alternatively you can move to another coin.
Pages:
Jump to: