Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about immortality? - page 23. (Read 12083 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
July 10, 2017, 11:25:06 AM
I don't think it will be possible to attain immortality, because this is the law of nature

If it was real, I would want immortality because I would control anything I like.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
July 09, 2017, 09:10:25 AM
I don't think it will be possible to attain immortality, because this is the law of nature
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
July 08, 2017, 09:33:02 AM
i think immortality is impossible.. every souls must teste death, the holy Quran already explain it..
Quran Holy for you alone and the problem of immortality interesting. Anyone who says he doesn't want to live forever is lying. It is a cherished dream of all, and not only because we cherish our life, because the instinct of fear of death built into us by nature.
Activity: 336
July 08, 2017, 09:18:18 AM
I think that immortality is impossible, the physical body is designed for a certain amount of time. Any replacement of organs can make a human robot. He will exist, but it will no longer be man.
Activity: 196
July 08, 2017, 07:46:27 AM
I'd like that if it's possible. Though cycle of life is starts in birth and ends with death, maybe memories can be preserved and restored in the near future but not the whole human being thing.
Activity: 392
July 08, 2017, 07:29:42 AM
i think immortality is impossible.. every souls must teste death, the holy Quran already explain it..
Activity: 756
Merit: 105
Trphy.io
July 08, 2017, 07:04:53 AM
Every thing in this world will never last
Activity: 658
Merit: 254
For campaign management, please pm me.
June 28, 2017, 11:41:49 PM
I wanted immortality and I spend time reading Philosopher stone and Elixir of life. I have read somewhere forgot where about a medicinal book in Egypt and there are plants that could make your life long. Apparently not making it immortal just long.
Activity: 415
June 28, 2017, 03:47:44 PM
Well given that Hitler is still alive in Argentina and is 126 then I think there is hope for all of us.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 28, 2017, 03:23:35 PM
One day soon I think people will start to live to 150 years old or so but I don't think immortality will ever happen. I think to an extent you may be able to transfer someone's brain but I suspect that a brain even has a life capacity.
Activity: 413
Merit: 105
June 28, 2017, 12:37:26 PM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?
i guess technology can make our life longer but death is something that we cannot escape.
Activity: 462
June 28, 2017, 12:27:28 PM
I think in theory immortality is possible but I feel that it will never be truly achieved. I believe that science will pursue other things as a priority.

It is not profitable for science to make people immortal. This will lead to disaster in a few years. I'm not sure that I would like to become immortal. I already sometimes want to die
Activity: 330
June 28, 2017, 11:19:35 AM
there's no such thing as immortality .. everything and everyone dies at some point
Activity: 420
Merit: 136
June 28, 2017, 08:50:54 AM
I think in theory immortality is possible but I feel that it will never be truly achieved. I believe that science will pursue other things as a priority.
Activity: 182
June 28, 2017, 08:46:14 AM
I don't think it will be possible to attain immortality, because this is the law of nature.
Activity: 17
April 16, 2017, 03:25:19 PM
A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
I agree with you. Life will be longer in near future. Maybe we won't live to see it, but it will happen for sure. Life will get longer and longer, and at one moment it will evolve in to immortality, or it will be really long, which is good too if you ask me. But there is one problem. It would not be enough for some people, no matter how long life would be, for them it would be still short.

It seems to me that life expectancy does not increase but decreases. But I would not like to be immortal. It scares me. It's like a curse
I don't agree with you, because people had lived about up to around 60 years, after world war 2, and i don't want to go before that, life was even shorter. Now in my country i rarely hear that someone young died from a illness or some other normal death, I don't count car crashes and such human error things. Medicine has evolved so much that some diseases that was lethal before, are now curable. And it will always be like that. Human life will only go up, unless we destroy our self before that.

Life expectancy may increase, but it will not become eternal. If earlier because of the lack of quality medicine people sometimes did not live up to 30 years, now it is quite possible to live up to 100, if not destroy yourself.
Probably still young when they love each other, then the words themselves will be found. Of course I want everyone to hear you, but most importantly, it's your couple.
Activity: 127
April 12, 2017, 04:59:11 AM
A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
I agree with you. Life will be longer in near future. Maybe we won't live to see it, but it will happen for sure. Life will get longer and longer, and at one moment it will evolve in to immortality, or it will be really long, which is good too if you ask me. But there is one problem. It would not be enough for some people, no matter how long life would be, for them it would be still short.

It seems to me that life expectancy does not increase but decreases. But I would not like to be immortal. It scares me. It's like a curse
I don't agree with you, because people had lived about up to around 60 years, after world war 2, and i don't want to go before that, life was even shorter. Now in my country i rarely hear that someone young died from a illness or some other normal death, I don't count car crashes and such human error things. Medicine has evolved so much that some diseases that was lethal before, are now curable. And it will always be like that. Human life will only go up, unless we destroy our self before that.

Life expectancy may increase, but it will not become eternal. If earlier because of the lack of quality medicine people sometimes did not live up to 30 years, now it is quite possible to live up to 100, if not destroy yourself.
Activity: 39
April 10, 2017, 01:30:06 AM
Digital copies of anything will have their quality greatly reduced. Look at digital cameras for example. They take the pictures but need to cut out a lot of the detail that nature presents us with, replacing them with separate pixels of individual colour. It's impossible to be as detailed as real life when you're copying a brain, and so that form of "living" isn't immortality at all. Even if it was possible to be immortal, it wouldn't matter for 99% of the population as most people won't be able to afford this immortality, and we'll just be using even more resources to feed the immortals, which will lead to an ultimate end of human life on earth as we run out of resources. This is happening anyway, but immortality will just make it faster.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
April 04, 2017, 04:53:11 PM

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
April 04, 2017, 02:05:18 PM
Well immortality is not true but if immortality is true i would like to be one because i would like to explore the world in every time or ages but it would be lonely if I'm the only person who is alive in my family.
Pages:
Jump to: