Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about immortality? - page 24. (Read 12083 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
April 04, 2017, 12:40:56 PM
What kind of immortality are we talking about here? Can we still get sick? Can we grow old? I think if it was immunity to sickness and age, it would mean life would get boring pretty fast. A lot of things to think about like can the human brain remember things from 1000 years ago?

A person will turn into a robot if he does not hurt and memorize a large amount of information.
I think that the mechanism of death is to not overpopulate the earth. This is very important. Even if humans were immortal they would have fought for every piece of land and would still be killing each other.
I somehow did not think about it, but the truth to say in this moment is a lot of logical facts. The problem of overpopulation of land with immortality will be very relevant. Maybe it's really better to let people have a limit in life.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
April 04, 2017, 09:02:43 AM
The more people on the ground, the greater the warrior and worse economies.
Activity: 84
April 04, 2017, 07:35:34 AM
What kind of immortality are we talking about here? Can we still get sick? Can we grow old? I think if it was immunity to sickness and age, it would mean life would get boring pretty fast. A lot of things to think about like can the human brain remember things from 1000 years ago?

A person will turn into a robot if he does not hurt and memorize a large amount of information.
I think that the mechanism of death is to not overpopulate the earth. This is very important. Even if humans were immortal they would have fought for every piece of land and would still be killing each other.
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
April 04, 2017, 07:00:58 AM

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 02, 2017, 10:16:15 PM
According to some scientists, it can happen in the next 20 to 30 years, but that would be through digital/computerized approach meaning they can develop a program of you and store it in a data bank. What they want to do is to store "human personality" in an artificial form of a brain or into some alternative machine or artificial alternate. Basically, these smart science people; don't really know the real reason our bodies get old and die and all we can do is attempt to put creams, inject ourselves with and do weird surgical procedures to make ourselves look young, in fact think that we are better off becoming androids/robots.
Activity: 14
April 02, 2017, 09:36:30 PM
Activity: 233
March 31, 2017, 05:03:06 PM
its so boring if you are the only immortal but if your love ones is immortal to then I guess it would really be awesome.
You could live life together forever haha lol.
In the world of everything there is a lot of interesting, and to try everything and everywhere to visit you can certainly have more time for life. There is still nothing eternal. Even if a person can live for hundreds of years, the body would still be worn out. Why at the age of 200 years live and move around on a wheelchair.
Activity: 503
March 31, 2017, 03:28:13 PM
its so boring if you are the only immortal but if your love ones is immortal to then I guess it would really be awesome.
You could live life together forever haha lol.
Activity: 62
March 31, 2017, 03:08:56 PM
I believe we have immortal soul.

I don't think we could make our body immortal. We may be able to make our body live longer but not for infinity.

True, the soul is immortal, and the body can not live forever. We can extend only the amount of life, but not make it eternal. It is fantastic. Physically, the body will not withstand such a load, even to increase the life expectancy people will have to transplant organs and replace the skin, because they will wear out.

I do not believe in the immortality of the body. This is very wrong. All nature is built on the principle: birth - flowering - withering. Man is a part of nature, therefore he must also die

Yes. Do not go against nature, because it will only be worse for the very same person. Do not be afraid of death, it's just the end of one life and the transition to the second. We need to pay attention to more global problems.
Activity: 114
March 31, 2017, 03:05:00 PM

I don't think we could make our body immortal. We may be able to make our body live longer but not for infinity.

True, the soul is immortal, and the body can not live forever. We can extend only the amount of life, but not make it eternal. It is fantastic. Physically, the body will not withstand such a load, even to increase the life expectancy people will have to transplant organs and replace the skin, because they will wear out.

I do not believe in the immortality of the body. This is very wrong. All nature is built on the principle: birth - flowering - withering. Man is a part of nature, therefore he must also die
Activity: 69
March 31, 2017, 09:17:29 AM

Activity: 84
March 20, 2017, 08:14:02 AM
In this world nothing is eternal. Even a stone cliff and those turn to dust. I find it funny to see those people who believe in eternal human life. LOL.
Activity: 39
March 20, 2017, 07:25:10 AM
All will die, no one will live forever. Death in my example is not the last moment of life, which certainly awaits us ahead, but nothingness.
Activity: 27
March 20, 2017, 06:42:19 AM

Activity: 168
March 16, 2017, 08:58:19 AM
what i think about immortality is that it is not possible ?  what scinence acan do id increase the lifespan of the humans but being immortal is something that can't be achieved.....everything in this world is created to be destroyed....nothing will remain eternal ...apart from time and space
Activity: 6
March 16, 2017, 08:36:43 AM
i'm not a big fan of this idea. what will people do with their time? most of the life makes sense when we know it's going to end sooner or later. that's why we try to achieve smth because our time here is limited. the only positive way to use it for humanity will be space explorations. some day people will have to make these travels to other ends of the galaxies and immortality might come in handy for those who carry out the research
Activity: 728
Merit: 266
March 16, 2017, 03:50:43 AM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

Your just talking about preserving one's brain or what we so called cloning.For me immortality is more about having an eternal life and fast regeneration of your body cells.We don't know whats ahead of us in the future or maybe it could happen someday.
Activity: 116
March 15, 2017, 03:48:50 PM
kinda scary, but if other people also immortal i want it
Activity: 240
March 15, 2017, 09:59:48 AM
Death is a normal process, the same as life. Death is only a transition to another area of being. Everyone is given some time to incarnate into the physical body. I personally do not see the meaning of immortality in one physical body.
Activity: 326
March 15, 2017, 05:42:54 AM
I Do not think it, but i like this idea Smiley anything is possible.
Pages:
Jump to: