Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about immortality? - page 25. (Read 12083 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
March 11, 2017, 03:07:05 PM
I do not think about immortality at all. For one simple reason - this is not necessary for anyone, because immortality will not add positive qualities to a person, will not give more love, in the end, you will simply get tired of life.
Activity: 15
March 10, 2017, 07:13:09 AM
The soul is immortal. Perhaps in the future people will be able to preserve the immortality of the body. But finding my opinion, the immortal existence in one body will be boring and devoid of meaning.
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
March 03, 2017, 03:54:42 PM
A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
I agree with you. Life will be longer in near future. Maybe we won't live to see it, but it will happen for sure. Life will get longer and longer, and at one moment it will evolve in to immortality, or it will be really long, which is good too if you ask me. But there is one problem. It would not be enough for some people, no matter how long life would be, for them it would be still short.

It seems to me that life expectancy does not increase but decreases. But I would not like to be immortal. It scares me. It's like a curse
Activity: 343
March 03, 2017, 12:16:36 PM
I believe that immortality is not realistic for know because nothing last for ever,thing like electronics,furniture humans they all get old and one day they will be out of existence
Activity: 2
Merit: 3
March 03, 2017, 12:24:42 AM
Immortality is awesome. anyone who doesn't want to live forever are either sick of their life or just plain stupid. at least that's what I think.  Tongue
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 02, 2017, 05:11:53 PM
Everyone should have the right to decide how and when to die.

Well i dont think that this is the goal of immortality. for me this right should already be reality.
when immortality becomes true, the biggest problem will be that there is not enough space on earth for all humans.
inevitabely, the stronger will kill the weaker to survive, and thus immortaly becomes a privilege of the rich.
Activity: 47
March 01, 2017, 07:34:51 AM
I hope that immortality in the next few years will become a normal part of life. Everyone should have the right to decide how and when to die.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
February 28, 2017, 01:30:05 PM
A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
I agree with you. Life will be longer in near future. Maybe we won't live to see it, but it will happen for sure. Life will get longer and longer, and at one moment it will evolve in to immortality, or it will be really long, which is good too if you ask me. But there is one problem. It would not be enough for some people, no matter how long life would be, for them it would be still short.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 28, 2017, 10:20:23 AM
who want's to live that long. there are too many negative effects when you get old. I think hundreds of years before it was better, we had diseases which killed big amount of population, and the lucky one who survived died at the perfect age of max 35. So no need to worry about retirement, no cancer when you are old. just the best of your life the lights go off before it starts to get worse.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
February 27, 2017, 03:52:54 PM
Immortality may be good for one person, but if the entire population of earth will never die we will face with overpopulation and food crisis. The best solution would be the extension of active life up to 150-180 years
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
February 27, 2017, 05:45:54 AM
We have to accept death. All living things will disappear. Our world has a certain life span. The universe has a certain life span.
After a specific moment, all energy in the world will be gone. And everything will be gone without asking for it.

It will be in big crunch as it is the big bang.
Everything in our life has a deadline. And beyond our life, as well. I do not believe in the immortality. I believe in the longevity. Many animals can live for over two hundred years. Scientists say that many insects live for a thousands of years, just falling into anabiosis. In this case, I believe, that some sort of immortality might exist.

For this, biological structures of animals in the nature can be examined. For example, elephants and turtles can live for 150-200 years.
Long life exists in other living things. It may be logical to examine them and apply them to human life.
I'm not saying that it is necessary to compare humans and animals. I say that there are a variety of creatures on Earth that, due to their physiology, live a little longer, but it can not be named "immortality".

When we come to point where we could use medicine to create healthy living cells, that will be first step for humanity to become immortal. When you can create new organs, and replace old ones, in that moment we will become immortal. Because we can replace everything that is bad with new ones and continue living life.

This kind of work is being done. By "cellular reprogramming", mice were allowed to age 25% longer.
Serious work is being done to extend human life. My opinion is that in the century we live in, human life will be about 150-200 years.
I know that there are programs in medicine and science that goes around stop ageing and many other things that consider immortality. I don't know much, didn't know about Cellular reprogramming that you spoke of, but it does not surprise me not at all. I know that in future people would live a lot longer, how much... well that would only be guessing. Maybe human race will come to some kind of immortality one day. We can only hope and see if it happens in our life time Cheesy .

Activity: 181
February 26, 2017, 02:27:46 PM
Physical immortality in these flesh-sacks is unrealistic.

We'd need to have our consciousness transferred into a machine, to have any chance of attaining cognitive immortality.

Where do I sign up ? Will I have internet access ?

You're right. A man accustomed to your body and do not want to part with him. But the body can not be immortal. If we want immortality, then shall come to terms with the fact that the need to change body
Activity: 462
February 26, 2017, 01:21:41 PM
Immortality is possible. Have an idea, an idea so strong, an idea so deep that it lives long after you are gone.
An idea that will carry you forever and ever
legendary
Activity: 1819
Merit: 5547
Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser
February 26, 2017, 07:11:22 AM
Physical immortality in these flesh-sacks is unrealistic.

We'd need to have our consciousness transferred into a machine, to have any chance of attaining cognitive immortality.

Where do I sign up ? Will I have internet access ?
Activity: 854
Merit: 272
February 26, 2017, 10:58:12 AM
Immortality is a nice idea, but just thinking about it - impossible. It's great but kind of sad. Living all those years where your loved ones die one by one.  You'd want to die soon if that happens, but hey, you're immortal, so no.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 25, 2017, 11:54:14 PM
Too many people are tied up in immorality to gain immortality.

Cool
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
February 25, 2017, 11:46:41 PM
As far as I know there are someone whos a billionaire that is starting a project of putting all his memory into the computer.
He gathered a lot of geniuses all over the world to think of a way to do this impossible feat. Do you think they can surpass this impossible? If they can do this project there will be a lot of openings of discovery relating to these project like turning people into robots so they can live forever. Making cyborgs even pets, I think that is really scary.
Activity: 266
February 25, 2017, 08:40:33 AM
I dont think immorality is even possible in the future.even uf it possible, will people want to live after a certain age? I dont think so .people want to die peacefully after a certain age .
Activity: 270
Merit: 103
February 25, 2017, 05:08:27 AM
It's not possible.

Also imagine the possibilities of for example being tortured for eternity, because you're being kept alive.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
February 25, 2017, 04:17:04 AM
Interesting piece from World's Famous Futurist Ray Kurzweil:  ——>

"Reflecting on the massive leaps and bounds technology has made in the last few years, Kurzweil says that immortality is no longer a pipe dream. While we’ve spent the last several millennia rationalizing death, Kurzweil says, we no longer have to resign ourselves to this supposedly inevitable fate. Referring to the “exponential growth of information technology,” the inventor also predicted the appearance of computers the size of blood cells in the not so distant future, which would be able to make their way through our bodies and connect to the cloud. All this, he says, is a “2030 scenario.”
It’s all, in a strange way, part of the cycle of life, Kurzweil suggests. After all, as the human race has progressed, we’ve continuously extended our life expectancy — naturally, the next step is an essentially infinite number of years. In 10 or 15 years, he claims, we’ll be able to all but eliminate breakdowns in the body, or at the very least, depend less upon the physical self. Our thinking will reside partially in the cloud, allowing us to spread out our existence over various media. “If part of it gets wiped away, we’ll be able to re-create it,” he says."

Digitaltrend.com
Pages:
Jump to: