Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about immortality? - page 28. (Read 12083 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
February 08, 2017, 12:57:18 PM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

No, I don't think this will be possible. Brains have to be brains in order to generate consciousness an so on.

There's artificial brain work. https://www.humanbrainproject.eu
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
February 07, 2017, 12:18:31 AM
Immortality I think would rather be a punishment for someone. You'll end up watching the people you love die one by one. Even if this was bestowed to someone as a reward, I think it would be sad notion.
Activity: 121
February 06, 2017, 12:26:39 PM
I think we are slowly getting there wilth human genetic engineering. Slowly but surely. I wanna live forever.

Conversely I am sure that it is inhumane - to live forever. This will result in total chaos
Activity: 243
Merit: 251
February 06, 2017, 06:47:01 AM
I think death is underrated. All good things come to an end.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 06, 2017, 05:24:33 AM
I think we are slowly getting there wilth human genetic engineering. Slowly but surely. I wanna live forever.
Activity: 274
February 05, 2017, 05:24:08 PM
Immortality sounds like a good idea at first, but it would get boring after a while.

Why is it boring to be alive? For example, if you ever live up to now, do you ever want to die?
There are always difficulties in our lives, but wanting to die is a very different situation.

I agree with our friend Deep here. Everyone want to live, its only natural. Those who want to die have some real problem in there life :S . Imagin what marvelous things could people do if they were immortal, all that knowlage one could learn Cheesy .

If humans were immortal, it would probably be chaos and degradation. The first few hundred years, that's for sure. But then it is impossible that they bred

The opposite might be the case. For many years you can struggle to live happily and peacefully.
In addition, crime rates may be reduced. Imagine being immortal and taking a lifetime sentence.
Then life would be really boring.

Hahahahaha you made me laugh with lifetime sentence, and you are right Cheesy ! Yes i agree that people will live in peace and crime rate would be lower. But some other system of leading countries would need to be made. And i think that human race would expend in to space faster than we would imagin.
Yes, if people have become immortal, all the values of life would become just dust. It would be senseless to fight for resources, steal and more. It would be very strange world
February 02, 2017, 09:19:53 AM
Immortality sounds like a good idea at first, but it would get boring after a while.

Why is it boring to be alive? For example, if you ever live up to now, do you ever want to die?
There are always difficulties in our lives, but wanting to die is a very different situation.

I agree with our friend Deep here. Everyone want to live, its only natural. Those who want to die have some real problem in there life :S . Imagin what marvelous things could people do if they were immortal, all that knowlage one could learn Cheesy .

If humans were immortal, it would probably be chaos and degradation. The first few hundred years, that's for sure. But then it is impossible that they bred

The opposite might be the case. For many years you can struggle to live happily and peacefully.
In addition, crime rates may be reduced. Imagine being immortal and taking a lifetime sentence.
Then life would be really boring.
Activity: 177
January 26, 2017, 02:02:45 PM

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
January 25, 2017, 09:25:20 AM
The immortality is after death.
life long or immortality in the world if it does not exist.
because life on earth is temporary and each creature will certainly die.
Activity: 28
January 25, 2017, 06:17:59 AM
I'm immortal
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
January 25, 2017, 04:33:23 AM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?
Not possible, it may be possible to extend the live of humans for very extended periods of time but it is simply not possible to live forever since you can be subject to all kinds of disasters or accidents that may happen to you.
Activity: 250
January 25, 2017, 12:40:12 AM
Google chief Futurist Ray Kurzweil (Ray Kurzweil) said in an interview with the magazine "dandy", in the near future, technology will make us smarter, healthier, more human life will bring about great changes. Kurzweil said, we are beginning to reinvent the outdated "life software", that is, the human body is known as the 23000 gene "small program". By reprogramming, we will help humans stay away from disease and aging. By 2020 or so, we will start using the robotic system to take over the immune system. By 2030, the blood of nano robots will be able to destroy pathogens, remove debris, thrombosis and cancer, correct DNA errors, and even reverse the aging process.
January 24, 2017, 05:05:16 PM
Immortality will be possible if we don't end up ruining ourselves with nuclear weapons, we are understanding genetics better lately, and CRISPR might help us get farther in a much shorter time as well.kriti sanon hot

There had been a life extension by 30% on some rats, and human trials will commence in a couple of years to extend the lifespan of humans (it makes them younger, and increases life expectancy by 30% for rats, so there is a possibility of teh same result for humans).

I'd link you the research article but I don't have it anymore, you can probably find it somewhere in google.
yami gautam hot

Yes, it is possible to extend human life with genetic studies. It is a good success to extend your human life by 30%. But after 30% of the time is over we will die again Smiley
If transfer of human consciousness to the digital environment can be achieved, there will be real immortality.
January 24, 2017, 04:58:28 PM

Activity: 45
January 19, 2017, 07:19:06 AM
you will simply go to respawn location
or spirit healer, if you are more into World of Warcraft
Activity: 10
January 19, 2017, 06:04:25 AM

No, I don't think this will be possible. Brains have to be brains in order to generate consciousness an so on.
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
January 19, 2017, 06:00:07 AM
The way it can be done is using fuzzy logic.
You are connected to a computer, fully conscious.
The brain is copied into the computer.
One part of your brain is disabled and the computer takes over that task, then the next part is disabled and the computer takes over that and so on.
There is no way to tell when you go over from being human to a digital human if this is done gradualy so the digital human will be you.
Activity: 64
January 19, 2017, 05:35:47 AM
Immortality will be possible if we don't end up ruining ourselves with nuclear weapons, we are understanding genetics better lately, and CRISPR might help us get farther in a much shorter time as well.putlocker9

There had been a life extension by 30% on some rats, and human trials will commence in a couple of years to extend the lifespan of humans (it makes them younger, and increases life expectancy by 30% for rats, so there is a possibility of teh same result for humans).

I'd link you the research article but I don't have it anymore, you can probably find it somewhere in google.
todaypk
Activity: 37
January 19, 2017, 05:29:27 AM
no immortality in the world. I know immortality comes after death.
but immortality can only be achieved not given.
with our dedication to the creating.
Activity: 89
January 18, 2017, 10:52:12 AM
I think its for Highlanders.

Movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6bjWckQFwg

Pages:
Jump to: