Pages:
Author

Topic: What I do before buying an altcoin! - page 23. (Read 4179 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 267
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
May 01, 2018, 02:11:29 PM
First is I usually read the whitepaper thoroughly. It's the only way to learn everything about the project of the company. That's the only time if I'm convince about everything or generally then that the time I would invest my money.
I agree with your statement. If I may add, team profiles and group activity are also important, as all information will be better if updated every time.
Activity: 178
Merit: 10
May 01, 2018, 02:05:48 PM
Quite a specific list of actions before buying a coin after reading the list I thought to myself: Yeah, I do this as well, isn`t it obvious? And then came the realization that not everybody even reads forums before buying a coin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
May 01, 2018, 07:25:39 AM
I'm not too smart to read market charts but which need to be considered before buying an altcoin is to choose altcoin which at that time the volume trading is high that allows the price movement tend to be fast and good.

Very good recommendations. The main thing is not to be lazy and try to fully explore the project. But unfortunately, our investments in the crypto market are not insured. Even if you exclude fraud, the developers sometime may tritely lack the strength to launch the project ...
Activity: 294
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
May 01, 2018, 07:22:54 AM
Your 6 steps are enough i think. Maybe my opinion is that , courage.Before buying an altcoin you have to be courage,brave.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
May 01, 2018, 07:06:37 AM
You should do a background check on the coin you'd want to buy because not doing a background check will result to a bad decision and eventually lose of your capital. Any good trader knows this thing and it will help them to choose the best coin in the marke. There are many altcoins in the market and everyday a new coin will be added to the list of coins hoping to get a good future in crypto world so it's hard for someone who have clueless in this industry to buy a coin and make a profit. If I were you I will focus on day trading becaus you can earn a lot of money and experience there if you follow the basic rules of trading.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
May 01, 2018, 07:03:30 AM
Your check list is good, I should say that best points are to read the topic on bitcointalk and make a team research - maybe some of team members already have experience in different projects so we can check if everything is alright.
One thing I would like to add - check project's repository on github and see how often does the team make changes and develop the product. This will help you to see the real position of the project on the roadmap
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
May 01, 2018, 06:56:16 AM
Before you buy an altcoin, you should make a research first of their project. You can read the whitepaper and roadmap. Study how their project will move on and succeed. Also check the team behind.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
May 01, 2018, 05:44:56 AM
Search about the coin and make sure it is a good one before you invest. It is good and wise to make sure you invest in something good
Activity: 532
Merit: 29
April 28, 2018, 02:03:19 PM
- Research to project.
- Research about team members and their past works.
- Read to whitepaper properly and understand their ideas.
- Check to road map.
- Observe project's social media accounts.
- Look current price and research past prices.

If you are okay with these steps, you can buy it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
April 28, 2018, 02:00:42 PM
before you buy this coin, you should get to know it well, chat on the forums to understand its future in the market and then understand whether to buy it or not
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
April 28, 2018, 02:00:16 PM
Before purchasing any altcoin, I foremost must look at the
present market conditions. See where prices are at the
moment, if the prices are considerable then I purchase them.
But before all that, I also do some reading and some research
about the altcoin, take a look at it's graph for the past months,
If the market is green, I'l wait for spontaneous little dips to
buy them altcoins.
Activity: 97
Merit: 1
April 28, 2018, 01:44:12 PM
So I thoght this could be of help for some that also in search so they will also be inspired .. maybe they could also ad stuff arround here that could be of help!

Research it takes a few days/weeks so if u're in this fase take your time.

1.Forum search about the coin;
2.Join the telegram group and try to interact with the members;
3.Try to make a post on the forum and also see the crowd sentiment;
4.See some data on coinmarketcap.com , : https://icodrops.com/ , https://icorating.com/
5.Watch this tool from investing.com - find here the explination: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29503403
**LATER EDIT:
6. Team - research moust of the members on linkedin and google , also the backers or advisors.

Doing this can be of help to get a sense of a really good buy... at least this is what  I do.

What are your thoughts ? How do you do it??

Cheers!

Your strategy is good for long or medium term investors.  It doesn't apply to people doing day trading. 
Activity: 328
April 28, 2018, 01:28:43 PM
Read the latest news and articles about this alt. It's also necessary to watch reviews from respectable traders and their thoughts about its future in the crypto market.
Activity: 253
April 28, 2018, 01:20:12 PM
Many of the new investors come half-parked within the community. Most without having any kind of experience in crypto-coin investments. And even those who have experience in the market is already long enough, still make mistakes of beginners.
So do not invest in a new currency or ICO without researching properly, read the whitepaper, the developers, the team, the purpose for which it was created and the return on investment. Also search social networks for projects you are interested in investing in.
Important in this volatile world is always to diversify, never invest all your capital in just one project or currency, so you will have more chances of success.
Activity: 376
April 28, 2018, 01:19:23 PM
maybe before you act to buy or sell bitcoin, you can learn the market buying and selling history before.
so you will not lose before you act.
Activity: 434
Hexhash.xyz
April 28, 2018, 01:08:07 PM
Think and choose wisely before buying an altcoins so you can't regret for the decision you made. Choose a better altcoin that will help you to get a huge profit. Make an own research, study and read it so you will know if it is reliable and trusted coin. You need to decide well what you feel it right.
Activity: 42
April 28, 2018, 12:26:28 PM
All of that is right way to do before you buy a coin or invest to that coin because of that you can avoid to some coin that may scam you or you know if that coin don't have potential.  Like all people said in crypto do a research first before you buy or invest.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
April 26, 2018, 09:32:34 AM
That's pretty much what I also do. I definitely search a topic about that altcoins here on bitcointalk and see what people are talking about it because this could change a lot of my thinking. The same thing with telegram, thats where people share informations and updates about the projects.

The team is very important and it is better to buy only altcoins that have a good and recognized team that have worked before in this domain and have a few successful businesses or projects. If the members of the team don't have any history and you cannot find any informations about them this doesn't mean it is a scam but you should do a little more research before investing.
Activity: 36
April 26, 2018, 09:23:56 AM
Privacy. Although Bitcoin does not record information other than an electronic address when making a transaction, it is your own BTC address. That means if someone finds your blockchain address, you will no longer be left in incognito mode. A lot of investors are concerned about this, especially since it is reported that just following Bitcoin transactions, finding a user's BTC address can be easily done. . A number of privacy measures are being developed to protect user information when performing Bitcoin transactions, including Dandelion, Neutrino, and Bulletproofs. Creating these technologies is quite a complicated thing, but they are being refined to apply to blockchain, helping Bitcoin regain its original appeal to investors. And of course this is one of the factors that pushes up the value of Bitcoin.
Activity: 37
April 26, 2018, 06:50:40 AM
Please follow the fork of the fork of the Bitcoin because the image could not be smaller to the field, community and too the development of this crypto, same as the first of the first fork hard occurrence to the fifth. August 8, 2017 first fork of the Bitcoin starting on the coin coin. The new coins are created with the Bitcoin Cash. When a fork hard happen, will have the two path for you selected. A while going to follow a line, you will not be able to return, by the fork hard will be create blockchain string with two incompatible protocol.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: