Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday? - page 13. (Read 8189 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Eth is built for  smart contracts we have seen more than thousand projects are built on ERC20 platform whereas Bitcoin is for fast low fee transactions both cant compete each other
Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
By assuming you meant Ether and not Ethereum we could say. Bitcoin is the first, and as such has first mover advantage over any other Cryptocurrency. It has a limited supply, is decentralised and as such has a deflationary value making it a great store of value alike to tangible assets such as gold. Being deflationary you could however argue Bitcoin isn't a great medium of exchange, as there are no incentives to trade instead of just HODL.

Ether is the gas of the Ethereum network, the biggest decentralised computing network in the world, and as such hold a huge importance, but at the same time it has an unlimited supply, is PoW and has a more centralised supply as it was partly premined and had an ICO. As such Ether isn't build to be a great store of value, but it is build to be an effective gas, issue at the moment is many people use it as a currency and speculate with it, which is increasing the price of gas and making the Ethereum network more inefficient.

I think Bitcoin’s replacement is Bitcoin and nothing can replace it in the end.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
Bitcoin and Ethereum are the two most popular coins in the cryptocurrency market and each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. Nevertheless, it is difficult for me to imagine that any of the coins can replace bitcoin or reach the same price.

No doubt about that those two coins are one of the head in crypto, But bitcoin its always be a top one in crypto. And etherium ill think it cannot be replace bitcoin into a number two spot. And the price of bitcoin and etherium are not the same, Actually bitcoin its have high volume even if we look at the CMC it was a big difference between this two coins.
Activity: 1113
Merit: 507
Don't Get Involved
I can't imagine if Ethereum can really replace Bitcoin in the future. Really ethereum would be very scary if this kind of hope could happen.

And the fact that hope is so empty doesn't mean I'm not sure. It's just that it will be very difficult to do ethereum to replace bitcoin.
Well that's good to hear but I don't think bitcoin can be replaced with ethereum, For now, Ethereum is still too far away from bitcoin and it really takes times or it will never happen but both bitcoin and ethereum are great coin is just that bitcoin is first and have gone too far already. I have a strong doubt that ethereum will be the next step to bitcoin but when it comes replacing I don't think so. Remember the ethereum surge when it almost surpasses bitcoin price, at the end ethereum failed.

Actually as I said that this Substitution can happen and nothing is impossible. It's just, if you think logic. Then this is very difficult to happen or even mustahila happen. Not that pessimistic about ethereum, it's just that ethereum is now difficult to rise from its downturn.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 251
that will never happen in my opinion, if you say it based on technology I think there are many technologies that are better / more sophisticated than ETH because ETH is the first smartcontract maker of course there has been development from the other whether in any aspect of it.
from marketcap I think it will be difficult because all prices of Altcoin are influenced by btc.
so ETH is not possible to replace BTC.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh
We are all aware that ethereum is next from being the most successful crypto with bitcoin. Both has been very popular and I think they both give great benefits with each other. The possibility of having ethereum replace bitcoin on its top spot is so far from happening I think because bitcoin has been improving along with ethereum so the top spot would definitely stay with bitcoin unless something bad happen to bitcoin someday. Who knows? There are lots of surprises here in crypto.
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
I think Ethereum can replace Bitcoin by it's today's price but will not replace to real time value. Even though, eth is largest dApp provider, Bitcoin is still leader of entire cryptocurrencies market. Any good or bad news regarding Bitcoin can shake entire market including Ethereum.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
I can't imagine if Ethereum can really replace Bitcoin in the future. Really ethereum would be very scary if this kind of hope could happen.

And the fact that hope is so empty doesn't mean I'm not sure. It's just that it will be very difficult to do ethereum to replace bitcoin.
Well that's good to hear but I don't think bitcoin can be replaced with ethereum, For now, Ethereum is still too far away from bitcoin and it really takes times or it will never happen but both bitcoin and ethereum are great coin is just that bitcoin is first and have gone too far already. I have a strong doubt that ethereum will be the next step to bitcoin but when it comes replacing I don't think so. Remember the ethereum surge when it almost surpasses bitcoin price, at the end ethereum failed.
Activity: 1113
Merit: 507
Don't Get Involved

Activity: 509
there is no change Ehereum replaces Bitcoin
they are here for different reasons and use cases
I think it is possible in the future that ETH may replace Bitcoin, but so far there is no reason for ETH to replace Bitcoin
Activity: 523
Merit: 100
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh
Your mentioned points is nothing in front of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a top popular coin in our world as a digital currency. Now a days Ethereum is also use as a digital currency in worldwide, so if Ethereum replaces than Ethereum volume, demand and price will literally high.
Activity: 280
there is no change Ehereum replaces Bitcoin
they are here for different reasons and use cases
Activity: 462
I'm personally on bullish mood about etherium, of course the are some risks, but there are a lot of DeFi infrastructure on it building now
Activity: 335
BTC and ETH exist for two different purposes, so I think that will never happen. BTC is a place to store value and assets, while ETH is focused on real applications, and its dApps still developing. They will hold the top positions in the crypto market as they currently are.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104

I think yes it is possible because as we all know there is no impossible in cryptocurrency. Always remember that bitcoin starts from nothing and no volume, always remember that so that means ethereum can increase also its price or it may really pump someday or maybe next month or years.
I believe that Ethereum has enormous potential, but its fraudulent ico companies have broken its fast pace of development.  If this had not happened in past years, then Ethereum could long ago become the leader of the cryptocurrency market.  More recently, in 2017, Ethereum and Bitcoin had almost the same capitalization volumes, which indicates the potential of Ethereum, which is almost equal to Bitcoin.  But today, you need to consider the problems of scalability with Bitcoin, which directly can be an obstacle to using Bitcoin as a means of payment, as well as to using Bitcoin as fast financial transfers.  Perhaps today it is this situation that discourages investors from bitcoin.  But we know that Ethereum has much better indicators in this regard and almost all the technical characteristics of Ethereum indicate its ability to become a leader in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 456
Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace
Personally, I think that if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin, it will be something very interesting and super-large-scale event. But this will not happen since Bitcoin Ethereum is now in its place and is developing promisingly for the benefit of society. And I think that soon the most important coins will surprise us with their new discoveries.
every time ETH has progressed in development, BTC will also increase progress in development. so I think ETH will remain under BTC. we can also see that there are still many people who invest in BTC so that BTC will remain strong and become number one.
Activity: 546
No as in never. Bitcoin is always the number one choice investment for the veteran and newbie investors and it's undoubtedly the digital gold. Ethereum was only relevant because these bunch of shitcoin are using its blockchain to create thousands of their own project. Ethereum will never be ever as great as bitcoin because honestly, ethereum  is just also like litecoin which is just a copycat of bitcoin.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
It will be big bad news for crypto space entirely if eth replace bitcoin because crypto space will lose many investors, i belief many investors are into crypto because of bitcoin only even big well known organizations trust bitcoin only, so it will be bad for long time, bitcoin has the highest marketcap presently just imagine what will happen if that vanished
Not only lose investors the trust of crypto currency might be lost.  This ETH has many scam project created using smartcontract how come investors will still trust it if they know there are many people has been victimised by the project created using ETH contract.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 5
Personally, I think that if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin, it will be something very interesting and super-large-scale event. But this will not happen since Bitcoin Ethereum is now in its place and is developing promisingly for the benefit of society. And I think that soon the most important coins will surprise us with their new discoveries.
Activity: 349
I am glad with ethereum could replace of bitcoin some day later, many investor keep holding ethereum will be happy because seeing ethereum have higher price than bitcoin, but is not be true because price ethereum and bitcoin today so far and never could raised half or bitcoin price, although with eth situation today look down.
That is almost impossible when an altcoin can replace BTC. BTC has always maintained its position in the market, most of the market capitalization of BTC accounts over 70%. Altcoins are recovering slowly and that does not mean that it can replace BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: