Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Ethereum replaces Bitcoin someday? - page 15. (Read 8189 times)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
Bitcoin and Ethreum has their own places in the community and crypto world.
They are both supporting each other. I might tell now that LIBRA will be the future second cryptocurrency due to hype.
Ethereum loses its main attraction also as the ICO is almost dead now and replaced by IEO!
This IEO is happening in exchanges and those exchanges have their own tokens to use.
The only thing now that keeps Ethereum hope is ETH 2.0 with POS.

In the end I will tell! ETH will bever replace BTC, it is a good support though.
Activity: 951
Merit: 259
While market dominance is still 60% in favor of Bitcoin, this is unlikely. In addition, Bitcoin's supply is much better than the Ethereum. There is such a possibility, yes, but it is quite low. Or a possibility that could happen much later. But I would like the project to replace Bitcoin more focused on privacy. So I wouldn't have preferred Ethereum.
Activity: 243
Merit: 1
It is not a crazy idea actually. There are already people in the sphere thinking about turning Bitcoin into token on Ethereum.. just as every other smart contract. Technically, it is possible.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Ethereum replacing Bitcoin is not something that is impossible because Ethereum's use cases for the crypto community far exceeds that of Bitcoin. However, when it comes to price i don't think this can follow the same line where we can see ETH's value far beyond that of BTC. BTC would always have the highest price on CMC, no doubt about that.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
Long story short: It is near to the impossible due to the apparent analysis. The wide use case of the Ethereum is the biggest advantage for the Ethereum but this alone is not possible for replacing the Bitcoin in my opinion. For replacing the Bitcoin, maybe government-backed cryptocurrency can attempt for this but this is just a personal guess comes to my mind.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Well, I don't think it is an impossible event. While a lot of people would like to think that this is actually impossible and far from happening because ethereum is just merely an altcoin, I would like to think that the market is big enough for the coin to overthrow another, and be the ultimate coin the market, and I totally believe this in this case scenario.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
Simply, it cannot. I do not give even little chance to that. Bitcoin is something different. Okay, it may not have the best technology, and ETH may be the base blockchain of %90 of alts, however if BTC falls that much we will see a decline of trust in cryptocurrencies. So I don't believe it would happen at all.
Activity: 560
Two are very irrelevant platforms. Bitcoin is a value unit. Ethereum is a platform. Have you ever seen oil worth more than gold? Ethereum will never be number one. Although bitcoin's technology becomes primitive.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
I don't think so.

Disclaimer: ETH is my first love in crypto

I always support eth since I started doing crypto but I really dont think that it can replace BTC. This may sound so stereotype but btc is the first and original and no one can beat that. I would agree eth is improving and innovating every now and then but there are other crypro who's doing the same even faster than both btc abd in eth but where are they? That's the point that I have on this.
Activity: 431
Merit: 18
Of all the other thousand cryptocurrencies out there i think ethereum is still the only one capable of replacing Bitcoin as the top cryptocurrency presently.

Eth is the second largest coin by market share and it is also tge major coin used to develop the largest percentage of smart contracts present in the cryptocurrency space.

So i think eth is capable but i dont believe that will happen anytime soon
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh
as I said before ethereum can't replace bitcoin they are different
in so many ways, bitcoin is made as digital money by satoshi
which still we don't know he really is, while ethereum is made by vitalik and is use for straight transaction person to person and dont need any midman to transact, although ethereum is consodered 2nd largest, I think it will stay there and will never see 1st place because bitcoin is way better and its really more popular, and simply because its usage in crypto
Activity: 1190
COMBONetwork
If Ethereum ever overtakes Bitcoin it will be very cool because I also keep Ethereum in my portfolio.
However I personally am still not sure if that will happen because in my opinion Bitcoin remains the king of crypto,
apart from that we also do not know what will happen in the future so just follow the existing developments
Activity: 686
What if? well I have been long enough in this industry to know that there is nothing that is impossible. So, I will not rule out the possibility of this happening. Ethereum is the second best, next rated to Bitcoin, that means it is a really good coin, and doing well for itself too. So with a little more push, it just might overthrow bitcoin, and take over the crown.
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
No its not. Its not possible for any coin to replace bitcoin. Firstly, fundamentally ETH and btc are different form each other. The use case of each coin is very much different form other one. And if you want to speak about marketcap then its almost impossible. Cause more than 50% of whole market is nothing but btc.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
Ethereum, being the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has all the potential of replacing Bitcoin in the future. It's more than just a cryptocurrency, being a platform for the development and execution of smart contracts (aka dApps). With ETH, it's possible to launch alternative cryptocurrencies without the need to start a Blockchain from scratch. It's also possible to use the ETH blockchain for other purposes such as voting, proof of identity, verification of documents, and more. In contrast, Bitcoin's only use is for finance where it cannot be implemented in other areas by its own.

Given all of the benefits Ethereum provides on top of Bitcoin, it makes me wonder whenever it'll be able to replace the pioneer cryptocurrency within the future? As long as, Ethereum keeps progressing in development and mainstream acceptance, it'll be much closer to Bitcoin every step of the way. What are your thoughts? Huh

This is just an illusive thought. There is no way Ethereum can ever replace Bitcoin.  Bitcoin introduced blockchain technology  which Ethereum was built on using similar ideologies behind blockchain technology.  Ethereum is a good crypto coin but it does not have the qualities to replace Bitcoin in any way possible....  people need to stop various comparisons and try to understand that each cryptocurrency has its specific purpose in the crypto space...
Activity: 2156
Merit: 711
Telegram @tokensfund
I wish it will not happen in the future, I don't want to see it, for me, Bitcoin is the best for this blockchain platform which is the Godmother of this system so far, so if Bitcoin will go below under ETH then it will be a huge loss for this platform because Bitcoin has gained a huge credibility and acceptability around the world. It may be good for ETH, it may turn aside but it will be an unfulfilling loss for this platform as a whole. it's a low possibility to replace Ethereum of Bitcoin, But We don't know what's coming next and what's planning under this world, everything is possible. But if Bitcoin will get replaced by ETH then Blockchain will lose the credibility once more.
Activity: 191
Merit: 1
September 30, 2019, 09:18:12 PM
I don't see it replacing BTC as King but I feel like it deserves to be on top. Their team is not stopping in terms of making product development and almost everyone is using ERC-20 which is good for their respective developers. On the other hand, BTC has been stagnant for a very long-time.

It may happen, it may not, but nothing is impossible here in crypto.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
September 30, 2019, 08:45:16 PM
Ethereum is the second best and most trusted coin in cryptocurrency and top coins in Altcoin, and if Ethereum can replace bitcoin in my opinion it's impossible and Ethereum is only able to compete with bitcoin but won't be able to replace it.
Bitcoin and Ethereun are like a pair of cryptocurrency and in my opinion nothing can replace both.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 30, 2019, 08:23:05 PM

Good observations but it seem like you are forgetting one thing which is trust!
People trust bitcoin more than any other cryptocurrency out there regardless of the functionalities.
The less that the person could be tracked is more better in the cryptocurrency scene. Ethereum should be one of the victors of accomplishing that though it will not overtake Bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
September 30, 2019, 06:12:27 PM

Good observations but it seem like you are forgetting one thing which is trust!
People trust bitcoin more than any other cryptocurrency out there regardless of the functionalities.
Pages:
Jump to: