Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Government bans Bitcoins? - page 19. (Read 6082 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
August 29, 2018, 12:11:54 AM
Some governments are really doing a lot to ban crypto whereby restricting the use and preventing new investors. The prevent the advert of new ICOs and exchange of crypto coin to fiat. Most of the countries still give some access which they may not mention; most of them never give restriction to crypto site for information and never prevent miners. I hope the ban on ICOs will be relaxed in the future when the scam are significantly reduced.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
August 29, 2018, 12:03:12 AM
If the arena is united to prohibit Bitcoin, Bitcoin will simply die, because while the ban is commenced, they may first block the ones wallet agencies and internet distribution channels!
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 11:51:26 PM
If the government takes bitcoin then bitcoin will have the most difficulties in trading as well as will limit some of the investors' investment needs. However, I think if bitcoin is good then their government will Recommended for bitcoin development
Activity: 22
August 28, 2018, 11:46:50 PM
I don't think what will happen if government ban bitcoin.  All i can say that,  in our country bitcoin is legal and we are free to use it. I think because our government knows that it can help individuals with their financial problem. They also warn as in the scam of it. 
copper member
Activity: 644
POINTPAY
August 28, 2018, 11:28:26 PM
if the government wants to ban bitcoin they would have banned it years ago and few of them tried to ban it but they failed bitcoin is unstoppable
Activity: 665
Merit: 250
August 28, 2018, 11:17:31 PM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??
if indeed the government prohibits us from being able to do anything it might not be a good hope for investors but I am sure that in the future it will continue to grow and advance rapidly
Activity: 5
August 28, 2018, 11:03:07 PM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??

I think the government cannot be able to ban the bitcoin, well, it is decentralized and no one is able to control over it.  If they have this control over btc and other cryptos, perhaps, that`s the time they can ban it. However, this opportunity of financial appraisal and economic opportunity would not be neglected by any government.
Activity: 76
August 28, 2018, 10:58:59 PM
impossible, because bitcoin is a borderless global without a country that can decipher or interfere, so like a global internet network that can't be turned off or blocked, if you want to shut down or stop all internet networks around the world from dying too, it can cause destruction the global economy as a whole and it is very unwanted by anyone. so the security of your bitcoin is very guaranteed.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
August 28, 2018, 10:57:06 PM
If a government decides to make trading or possessing Bitcoins illegal, questions will be raised about how exactly it will enforce such a ban. It is impossible for a government to seize your Bitcoins, unless you decide to handover your private keys. However, the majority of citizens and institutions like to stay on the right side of the law. So the demand for Bitcoin would plummet if the government decided to ban it. All exchanges in that country would also be shuttered and buying/selling Bitcoin would be difficult and risky. This would suffocate Bitcoin in that country and the government’s objectives might be achieved.
Activity: 192
Merit: 10
August 28, 2018, 10:39:49 PM
The only way that the government could ban bitcoin is if we let them.  Simply ignoring them would be more than enough to make them go away but the world population just loves to be told what to do. 
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 09:27:28 PM
First of all, bitcoin is not controlled by the government. It is impossible for it to be banned if there is a possibility because some of the countries gain some taxes from it and they benefit also from it.

Correct. The government does not have the power to ban bitcoin. I think the only way to stop bitcoin is to kill the internet --which is impossible. I think the advantages of bitcoin still outweigh any skepticism going around though. Do you agree?
Activity: 112
August 28, 2018, 08:35:18 PM
Samsung started accepting Bitcoin in 3 countries. Entirely will happen. Despite the fact that legislature have no reason for restricting bitcoin and some other crypto, But in the event that it happening then you don't have to worry.In future there will be a few trades that will have add up to security of your accounts.Necessity is simply the mother of all creations.So Keep quiet and Keep exchanging.
Activity: 840
Merit: 10
August 28, 2018, 08:25:50 PM
First of all, bitcoin is not controlled by the government. It is impossible for it to be banned if there is a possibility because some of the countries gain some taxes from it and they benefit also from it.

If government decide to block all sites, many ways to break it. Government can not control bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized and no one country can claim bitcoin data because transaction data spread all around the world. What government can do is regulate bitcoin and collect taxes from transaction
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 28, 2018, 07:43:43 PM
This is going to affect everyone involved. I do think governments can only go about advising their citizens against it and even where it has been banned, people still do engage in it. If I am in this situation, I think I will immediately sell my coins before the actual implementation of the banning so that I will earn my money.
Activity: 504
Merit: 103
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 27, 2018, 08:12:37 AM
Well if goverment really bans bitcoin then it will be the end of cryptocurrencies. As you see even a small bad news for cryptocurrency makes the prices dropped how much more if it is really a great banning of bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 13
August 27, 2018, 08:09:08 AM
In this case, they will depreciate, because there will be no possibility to make transactions, rather, to sell coins and buy them for fiat. But I do not think that this is possible, on the contrary today many countries consider bitcoin to be a currency, do not prohibit it, moreover, they want to use it on a par with the USD.
Activity: 30
August 27, 2018, 08:03:04 AM
Activity: 70
August 27, 2018, 02:33:46 AM
It is very normal matter if government ban bitcoin because the government of many countries still banning bitcoin but it is not a big deal bit they can not stop us to use.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
August 27, 2018, 02:26:18 AM
If bitcoin was banned then it will be a huge issue because a lot of people are doing their best in bitcoin and they are all collecting bitcoin and keeping it on a safe place for an expected return which can make them a rich person in the future. Bitcoin is a really great currency but even a simple banning decision from a country for example in China, then it will affect the whole market again just what happened in ICO banning.
I think there are many attempts from governments of banning bitcoin but its not an easy for them to destroy such a decentralized system because the system is between the user and the blockchain through internet maybe they should have to shutdown first all internet network in order them to succeed but not will never be happen since the world is running by internet, but I think there are government that are now slowly adapting to crypto currency.
It is easy for them to destroy the cryptocurrencies because they have the control under their country and by making a law or order, it will easily ban the cryptocurrency and if all of the countries or governments will do the same then the decentralized system will become useless because everything is under control by the government and that is the truth.
Activity: 6
August 27, 2018, 12:51:35 AM
hello dudes, good morning all, bitcoin has been around the fringes of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining prominence as an alternative asset class. I do not think the government of any major country will step in and do the unthinkable
Pages:
Jump to: