Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Government bans Bitcoins? - page 30. (Read 6096 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 02, 2018, 07:35:58 PM
such a scenario would not be real I believe because even if they block the sites in a country than you can change the ip and access your wallets or whatever from a different place and start using them again. The only thing is that the ban would decrease the usage of it.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
August 02, 2018, 07:31:37 PM
I still believe that it may be difficult for governments to completely ban Bitcoin. Most of them also have Bitcoin. The best they can do will be to limit its use in certain services.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
August 02, 2018, 07:23:48 PM
If the government bans Bitcoin, banknotes and banks will continue to flow in the modern economic system. It will remain strictly governed by governments. Transactions will take time and unnecessary costs with the emergence of third-party banks. Less privacy.
Activity: 90
August 02, 2018, 05:46:20 PM
I think to prohibit it the government must review it because in this bitcoin there are many investors and people who depend their lives
P60
Activity: 378
Decentralized Digital Billboards
August 02, 2018, 05:32:14 PM
I would not want to say it can be possibly but at the same time governments lack the authority and power to act against a decentralized currency like Bitcoin.
I also think that it is impossible, government cannot just ban bitcoin; but if ever they will ban it, I think many people are going to be anxious and hopeless since bitcoin is a source of income now.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
August 02, 2018, 05:29:02 PM
The government has the ability to ban Bitcoin, but now other countries have no plans to ban it except China. I don't think other countries will ban it in the future, but it's possible to let Bitcoin exist on a wider scale with an asset tax.
We can not say what will happen in the future with bitcoin. Many states are already unfriendly toward bitcoin, because they consider it a financial bubble. At the same time, they are tolerant to other types of crypto currency. Therefore, I do not rule out its prohibition even in some states. It is unlikely that such a ban will be universal. However, if this happens, then I think that it will fall dramatically in price, although people will find a way to continue using it.
Activity: 313
August 02, 2018, 05:22:41 PM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??
I cannot imagine that my country will ban cryptocurrency and how it would look like... To be honest I am afraid to think about that, because with time I had earned something here, I dont want to lose that.
Activity: 154
August 02, 2018, 05:13:30 PM
I think there is no way that legislatures would boycott bitcoins. Most nations including USA, picks up a great deal of duties from bitcoin benefits. For what reason would they stop such a winning? other than I surmise that most store organizations and contributing organizations contribute and exchange cryptographic forms of money, they would not acknowledge such a boycott.
Activity: 67
Merit: 5
August 02, 2018, 05:06:43 PM
A ban would be just a law from some random criminal government which can not be executed. Laws that can not be executed are more or less meaningless.
Activity: 56
August 02, 2018, 04:59:12 PM
I would not want to say it can be possibly but at the same time governments lack the authority and power to act against a decentralized currency like Bitcoin.
Activity: 126
August 02, 2018, 04:45:39 PM
Circulation of Bitcoin is restricted in some states, but a global ban us unlikely. There are kkts if potential in bitcoin and the blockchain technology. It is the future of exchange  and no one wants to be left behind.
Activity: 78
August 02, 2018, 04:25:06 PM
Melihat sifat terdesentralisasi dari mata uang kripto, Bertanya-tanya apakah pemerintah melarang Bitcoin di masa depan ?? Apakah mungkin katakanlah dengan memblokir semua situs yang berhubungan dengan dompet Bitcoin / pembayaran dll melalui internet. Dalam hal ini apa yang akan terjadi pada koin kami yang ada disimpan di dompet itu ??

I think the government will not do such a thing. This is already a lot of bitcoin users and the government does not want to take risks, in my country the government only calls for bitcoin not a safe investment.
Activity: 518
Merit: 115
August 02, 2018, 04:18:30 PM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??

If a government is planning to ban Bitcoin or crypto-currencies in general, they will not JUST ban those sites for wallets etc. It would be a lot of work for them. They will simply ban or prohibit the exchange of cryptos to a legal tender and they will also prohibit transactions (buy/pay) using cryptos.  That way, your cryptos will be useless in their territories.

Activity: 47
August 02, 2018, 04:10:26 PM
The main reason why governments prohibit crypto-currencies is the lack of centralized control over processes.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
August 02, 2018, 04:07:20 PM
Than we will have problems to exchange crypto to fiat
But it doesn't looks like to govs will ban crypto
I see more and more positive news and whatever govs like that or not people make money in crypto market even big serious investors so i don't see it will happen
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
August 02, 2018, 04:03:43 PM
It not possible for the government to ban bitcoin activities due to the fact that bitcoin is a decentralized commodity which is just a store of value which is base on the blockchain technology and at that no government or any institutions can clime down on bitcoin to the extent of banning it activities.
Activity: 72
August 02, 2018, 03:49:00 PM
It certainly won’t be easy, as bitcoin doesn’t operate in a manner that makes integrating it with existing financial models easy.
Activity: 56
August 02, 2018, 03:40:15 PM
I think government can't ban bitcoin, beacuse in the first place there's no government is holding the bitcoin. Government can't do anything about it. they can only ban bitcoin within their premises not globally.
Activity: 434
August 02, 2018, 02:42:03 PM
Countries can ban bitcoin within their premises not globally. At least the Chinese are not the ones in control they are fund of blocking sites. Bitcoin is global and decentralized so shutting it down will be really hard. There is no central server that handles all transactions just as bit orrent. Even if there is a way to stop and halt all tray there are some people who will still be using it among their own community. The die hard fans.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
August 02, 2018, 11:46:10 AM
I do not believe that government is capable of banning bitcoin, this is considering that bitcoin is a decentralized virtual currency.
Government has no control over it , so theres no way they are going to ban bitcoin successfully.
Pages:
Jump to: