Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 12. (Read 2516 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Such a winning scenario won't exist with bitcoin, because governments always tend to keep it under its control similar to the banking system making it function in a centralized manner. Governments providing support or just leaving to grow on its own is the only requirement needed from every government.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
To be very sincere, I personally don't see this as  win / lose scenario as such it is a change in the perception of the old money system to an acceptance of cryptocurrency as a viable way forward. The first change was to accept Bitcoin as bonafide money instead of ignoring it, the second stage is to legislate for the use of and taxation which they may not have access to originally.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Government is too huge to define because there isnt a centralized power over world policy, every country has their own policy.
Just like bitcoin, there many country against it, there many country as well who support it
But yeah, we really do need regulations to make crypto safer and more comfortable
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
If government wins over Bitcoin then Bitcoin will loose its freedom. And bitcoins advantage will turn into its biggest disadvantage. And it popularity will be decrease. If government control Bitcoin then their is no irregularities in the production and distribution of Bitcoin and this thing ultimately affects the volatility of bitcoin. Bitcoin user must be given tax  to their government if the above thing will happen. If government control Bitcoin then their is no untraceable and uninterrupted money transaction happen by Bitcoin. And their is also affect the privacy of people using Bitcoin.  Shocked
Activity: 132
Merit: 0
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

It is impossible that government manage bitcoin, because bitcoin is a decentrallized currency no one owns it or operates it only the user who use it. But for example government manage bitcoin, it doesnt mean that government can fully manage bitcoin. BUt they can emplement a rules and it has a cause and effect to us. Maybe the first rules they implement is paying taxes. If the government manage bitcoin they can minimize the scammer and hackers.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
The government will not be able to win over Bitcoin, the government will not be able to stop Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a coin that is on the internet and growing with its advanced technology. Surely the government can not stop the technology. Technology will continue until the internet is still there. It's not that easy to get rid of Bitcoin from the lives of its users.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
i think they can help the growth, they can prevent a lot of crimes and besides we are living in a world of regulations already. it is not such a bad thing to have it for bitcoin too as long as they are not ridiculous ones.

fiats money is already regulated but why there were still many crimes happening with the involvment of it?  I believe The same thing can also happen to bitcoin and any other cryptos. However if bitcoin become regulated , the growth of its price will surely grow because many people will now gain trust and confidence on bitcoin if there is an involvement of governments and any other high authorities.

f that all happened, for me it was very painful because bitcoin was the only source of my money-seekers. With bitcoin my life changed for the better. I think the government will not be able to stop it because bitcoin many use it and many that support bitcoin.

of course , bitcoin will still there even if governement takes a part to control it. Besides , there were still other cryptos that we can use aside from bitcoin in order to earn a profit. There are many types of jobs out there that can surely provide you an income and bitcoin is only a currency that they are using in order to pay you.
Activity: 225
Merit: 107
i think they can help the growth, they can prevent a lot of crimes and besides we are living in a world of regulations already. it is not such a bad thing to have it for bitcoin too as long as they are not ridiculous ones.
Activity: 358
Merit: 108
f that all happened, for me it was very painful because bitcoin was the only source of my money-seekers. With bitcoin my life changed for the better. I think the government will not be able to stop it because bitcoin many use it and many that support bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

I believe the network had already been set and it can't be stop. If they really want to stop the era of cryptocurrency, they will need to kill the internet first. All the governments can do now is change the appearance of bitcoin and that would result in the pumping or dumping of its price. Nonetheless, most of the cryptos specially bitcoin will still be available and glowing in the long run.
Activity: 345
Merit: 10
You have a wrong perception regarding this issue, regulations doesn't mean that they will going to have full control over bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, regulation is just to tax cryptos and catch scammers/criminals on the network. According to my understanding to control decentralized cryptocurrencies is simply impossible because there is no central authority involved.
You don't need to worry about regulation if you are not doing anything illegal.
Activity: 81
If the government is able to start controlling bitcoin I'm sure bitcoin will be a business event for governments that work together with the top. And in the end bitcoin is controlled by people who only have money. Because the government of the state is only concerned with people who have money rather than the poor.
Activity: 504
Merit: 268

Yes indeed, the government has the power to impose some law to regulate bitcoin, however they cannot do it because bitcoin itself is decentralized which means it must not be controlled by any company or agency or even government. However if they do, if the government already gained control in bitcoin, many users will not use it anymore because they will be cut with the freedom that they want. If there are no users, bitcoin will decrease value and definitely will fade.
Activity: 173
Then I think there will be a ban on bitcoin usage and bitcoin circulation in the massif by the government. Investors, traders and users can not do anything about it. Bitcoin will end, worthless.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
I, for myself am also worried about this, though there are several outcomes I just am worried what will the governments do once they have decided or if they have decided to take control over the cryptocurrencies, and I think there are ICOs that must be stopped, though there some ICOs that deserve the right to continue their project, but again I think that it'll be completely different once the government  has taken control over it, it is either going to improve or it is going to be negative once this has been implemented, hopefully governments would be smart enough to take cruise control and hopefully not ruin it.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786

In the event that the government has imposed regulation in cryptocurrencies, expect prices to be less-volatile and controlled at some point. Compared to other investment mechanisms like stocks, bonds, gold, real estate, expect the yielding of income to be longer. Not to mention, its nature from decentralized and volatile will now become centralized and regulated, which implies that strict regulations and sanctions would now be imposed.
About its positive effects, with bitcoin being controlled by the government, it has now the potential of becoming an alternative currency used under for wireless transactions- since it eliminates the peer-to-peer process provided. Maybe in the future, once countries are able to adapt and embrace the blockchain technology, we can see bitcoin being utilized as another form of currency.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
If the regulation becomes more strong, than any crypto currency planning to scam will get void here. It's always good to have regulations in place to save investors money and also genuine players can organise icos and start building their projects. I would be even more happy if the govt starts planning to use these genuine crypto as digital currency in the future. The prices also would be stabilised by then.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102

Simply, we can put it into perspective like this: You earn your bitcoins from your job. The government will tax it for income tax. Exchanges will tax it for wallet transfer. Purchases will tax it for convenience fee. Imagine how much the government will tax because they have the first lot of your bitcoins.
Activity: 120
Merit: 23
Be cool
For sure they can't stop bitcoin technology..as post office can't stop mailing system...but need to stop bitcoin pyramid schemes .if not blame coming to bitcoin technology ...
Activity: 168
Merit: 4
I think there are many countries that legalize bitcoin and can be used as a means of payment. Countries of the United States, South Korea, UK, etc. have legalized bitcoin. Amazon's app already accepts bitcoin payouts. I think it's just a matter of time for bitcoin to be accepted in many other countries.
Pages:
Jump to: