Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN? - page 13. (Read 2516 times)

Activity: 667
Merit: 1
Factually anything is possible, but I can say that the government won't want to fight such battle. The SEC is doing every possible best to make sure that ICOs , exchanges are regulated to avoid innocent people from being scammed. When this is done, its going to put the govt in a place where they will receive some money  from the project owners and exchanges.
Activity: 163
Merit: 10
Governments have no interest in allowing people to freely dispose of their money so in that case we are not able to cash out Bitcoins or buy Bitcoins for money so we would have liked that the government would be the freedom for us to get cast-out
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
This implies the government has any control over bitcoin. Which is wrong. If they could win against bitcoin they would have already won. They can regulate the entry points/exchanges from fiat-based currencies. They can regulate ICOs. But a main concept of Satoshi's bitcoin is that it is it's decentralized. Every owns the ledger (the blockchain) and everyone can see it. They can't manipulate it in a manner that can't be controlled. Only the truth would win, unlike a central bank. Where they can control inflation rates and stuff like that.
Activity: 406
Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

This is good for those who do not have a large start-up capital. You work, every month you allocate a small amount of money from your salary. You invest it and increase your Deposit.
Activity: 281
     If Government win over bitcoin, bitcoin continue to exist because no one can stop it as long as there is an internet and bitcoin demand but the sad thing if ever it will happen the government now has a full control on bitcoin,they can manipulate the bitcoin price in the crypto market. For me even i invest in bitcoin and other coins since i work here in crypto world, i still do invest in some real estate because we really don't know what will happen if ever the government has the rights over bitcoin.
Activity: 279
Merit: 105
I don't think the government will win bitcoin. This currency and its technologies were created to anticipate and circumvent all the pitfalls on the way to decentralization and a new level in the economy.
Activity: 126
that probably won't happen, it wouldn't make sense.
Activity: 98
bitcoin will closed.
Activity: 140
On the off chance that most dire outcome imaginable governments can boycott Bitcoin to Fiat and the other way around exchanges, so all things considered we won't have the capacity to money out Bitcoins or buy Bitcoins with fiat cash. Be that as it may, even all things considered, one can simply send his Bitcoin subsidizes in the nation where it is legitimate and offer it online at that point getting installment as fiat cash earned outside the nation. Such activity will make legitimate inconveniences so it's anything but a smart thought to boycott Bitcoin exchanges as I would like to think.
There is no pint to it, but if it happens, that thats it, no more bitcoin.
Activity: 196
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
The government will not win over Bitcoin. The government will not be able to stop Bitcoin altogether. Although many do not like Bitcoin, a lot of bad news about Bitcoin and Bitcoin prices dropped dramatically. The government will not be able to stop it. Because there are still many people who believe and even just rely on Bitcoin for their daily lives. Bitcoin is very meritorious to some people.
Activity: 392
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
I think that's impossible, because bitcoin is set up so that no one can control bitcoin, even if it's a government that has power. To control the system alone will not be able, how to government wins over bitcoin?
Right now as per the present situation the BTC is growing globally. Instead of banning the btc governments are thinking over how to accept the btc/ crypto currency. Btc network can never be destroyed as nobody can control the btc transactions. I hope many countries will come forward to accept the bitcoin in future.
Activity: 85
If the government wins over Bitcoin through regulations, things from the usual will probably change.
Activity: 78
Government cannot win over bitcoin since it don't control mining nor blockchain, yet it can block the use of it.
Activity: 59
If government wins over bitcoin I think the essence of bitcoin may change or actually be gone.
Activity: 86
I have in my mind that if the government starts generating profits with bitcoin, then it would soon become a regulated currency. Smiley
Activity: 17
My guess is that they don't really mind if Bitcoin exists. In fact, at some point they will just force people to link their identities with their wallet.
Activity: 392
Bitcoin is unstoppable, and many States have already realized this. Now they want to lead, the purchase of large exchanges that confirmation.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
There's no way a gvernment win over bitcoin.. its decentralized and its globally used by many .. bitcoin then become a threat to governement and it affect their economic status banks then lessen their income or investor becuase of bitcoin... but bitcoin then can help people in the governement if they earn a lot and lessen the unemployed.
Pages:
Jump to: