Pages:
Author

Topic: What if US Dollar Crashes? - page 46. (Read 57086 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 06, 2015, 01:26:05 PM
If dollar crashes...gold will go to da moon
BTC also? - i hope so

If dollar crash I dont think bitcoin is going to raise too because bitcoin is somehow related to dollar too. If it crash bitcoin will have a chance to collapse too and we need  to pump again or at least maitain it so dont let dollar drop for now

if the dollar collapses, it does not necessarily mean that bitcoin will crash too, bitcoin in this scenario can suck euro value or another fiat currency, or we can simply restart from zero and base its value on goods(the same they did with the fiat currency when they were born)

But still for dollar is the highest currency and if bitcoin suck euro that means at that time euro must be the highest one right? And its a wasting time if you start again from zero. Need to gain slowly but if that can be done its good then, if not how are we going to do? Bitcoin will sure collapse right?

I don't see how Bitcoin would be hurt by it. The natural process would be Bitcoin draining any other dying values, just like Gold does in times of uncertainty with fiat.

Like I said before dollar is the highest payment and it correspond to bitcoin. Its like coin, one sided is bitcoin and the other side is dollar, so it really affected bitcoin when dollar go down. And I hope dollar just stay the same and bitcoin will raise again to the moon for sure
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
May 06, 2015, 12:06:06 PM
BTC also? - i hope so

If dollar crash I dont think bitcoin is going to raise too because bitcoin is somehow related to dollar too. If it crash bitcoin will have a chance to collapse too and we need  to pump again or at least maitain it so dont let dollar drop for now

if the dollar collapses, it does not necessarily mean that bitcoin will crash too, bitcoin in this scenario can suck euro value or another fiat currency, or we can simply restart from zero and base its value on goods(the same they did with the fiat currency when they were born)

But still for dollar is the highest currency and if bitcoin suck euro that means at that time euro must be the highest one right? And its a wasting time if you start again from zero. Need to gain slowly but if that can be done its good then, if not how are we going to do? Bitcoin will sure collapse right?

I don't see how Bitcoin would be hurt by it. The natural process would be Bitcoin draining any other dying values, just like Gold does in times of uncertainty with fiat.
legendary
May 05, 2015, 12:08:37 PM
BTC also? - i hope so

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 05, 2015, 11:04:07 AM
BTC also? - i hope so

legendary
May 05, 2015, 09:15:58 AM
BTC also? - i hope so

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
May 05, 2015, 01:07:55 AM
BTC also? - i hope so
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2015, 01:03:30 AM
It will never crash.

It has a similar credit system like how we use our credit cards, but theirs is on a entire international level with other international centralized banks that work together. And you say the dollar is going down, youre correct its been going down since way back when.

But, it`ll never turn to zero, since of the international scale making it take way longer then any of us can guess. 
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
May 04, 2015, 03:18:08 PM
I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
What will be it's affects on the beloved currency, BTC?

If USD crashes, any fiat currency tied to USD will crash, which is... *all* of them. It's world-wide collapse with dooms-day scenario. It's unlikely to happen and right question would be what happens when USD becomes weaker, and lose its status as standard? And when will it happen? In this case, BTC will be stronger and, have more chance to be a leading standard among all fiat currencies. Because BTC cannot be manipulated at will by governments.
Activity: 153
May 04, 2015, 06:43:13 AM
You cannot predict a manipulated system, unless you know the plans of the manipulators. All these predictions of crashes rarely pan out because at the last minute a huge amount of money is injected somewhere to alter the system. The main system will crash when those who own it allow it to crash, or when even their resources are overwhelmed (eg. by earth changes or non-compliance).

Spot on. But you can study the past actions of the manipulators and make a good educated guess on what they will do to benefit themselves.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
May 03, 2015, 03:33:29 AM
You cannot predict a manipulated system, unless you know the plans of the manipulators. All these predictions of crashes rarely pan out because at the last minute a huge amount of money is injected somewhere to alter the system. The main system will crash when those who own it allow it to crash, or when even their resources are overwhelmed (eg. by earth changes or non-compliance).

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 03, 2015, 03:12:18 AM
I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?

By crash, you mean really crash?  The whole world economy will crash bringing everything with it...  including bitcoin.

couldn't be that the euro become the first currency instead of your dreadful scenario? just saying
Activity: 211
May 03, 2015, 01:39:47 AM

It is unlikely to happen. The world is too depended on US and USD.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
May 03, 2015, 01:25:32 AM
John Law's fiat money crashed because his paper money is backed by gold. And people redeemed gold coin with all those paper money during a panic, when there was no gold coin left, his paper money lost backing and worth nothing

But USD is backed by debt. People can not redeem USD for bond since there is no convertibility, only FED decide if they would like to purchase bond or sell bond, not individual USD holders

And most of the USD is hold in some of the bank account, which is strictly controlled by the banks, people can not withdraw a lot of USD cash to cause a bank run

Unless there is a large amount of dump of USD for something else more credible, I don't see how it is possible for USD to fail. Maybe bitcoin as a more trust worthy currency will weaken it, but not in any foreseeable future
Probably jpy aus nzd cad and gbp..
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
March 31, 2015, 12:27:38 AM
John Law's fiat money crashed because his paper money is backed by gold. And people redeemed gold coin with all those paper money during a panic, when there was no gold coin left, his paper money lost backing and worth nothing

But USD is backed by debt. People can not redeem USD for bond since there is no convertibility, only FED decide if they would like to purchase bond or sell bond, not individual USD holders

And most of the USD is hold in some of the bank account, which is strictly controlled by the banks, people can not withdraw a lot of USD cash to cause a bank run

Unless there is a large amount of dump of USD for something else more credible, I don't see how it is possible for USD to fail. Maybe bitcoin as a more trust worthy currency will weaken it, but not in any foreseeable future
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
March 30, 2015, 11:12:22 PM

By crash, you mean really crash?  The whole world economy will crash bringing everything with it...  including bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
March 30, 2015, 06:05:44 PM
As US dollar is higher, Federal bank may not raise the US interest rate that urgently. It is because that US wants to have a lower US dollar exchange rate also.

So, those countries waiting USA to increase the interest rate (like Australia) may have to lower hers interest rate instead. As a result, the stock market will bloom.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
March 30, 2015, 10:44:35 PM
The USD will never crash lol. As in it`ll still be used everywhere.

Its long ways from crashing since, its on international level where other international banks rely on it as well. So if they feel like the u.s needs money without needing to print more u.s dollars.

They lend their own source as a credit card would, but just for the u.s government only.

Everything is based on the u.s dollar alone, look at all crashes and then the deficit still at trillions and we still use this shitty paper still.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 30, 2015, 08:06:35 PM
If the dollar crashes it means most other currencies have as well. Whether right or wrong they are all pretty much pegged to the dollar. You might actually see more chaos if the dollr continues to strengthen. If our national debt keeps climbing in value there will be some nasty side effects.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
March 30, 2015, 02:34:15 PM
The collapse is inevitable. Stock up on food, water, shelter, and other goods for survival. Medications if you take any, RX prices will either shoot up in be completely unavailable.

Most people will not see this coming, that is the way this system is setup. Everything will be fine on a Friday afternoon, and then suddenly the following Monday, banks will lock their doors and history will repeat itself.
Activity: 521
Merit: 500
March 30, 2015, 07:50:55 PM

The global economy will melt, and everyone will flee into gold and some others like CHF, but not BTC. It is still not at the stage where it can profit off from a massive loss in confidence.

Maybe eventually in the future when it is well established with several thousand times more market cap, but not now.
Pages:
Jump to: