Pages:
Author

Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable - page 38. (Read 5747 times)

Activity: 398
Merit: 100
January 11, 2018, 06:06:11 AM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

Widely accept and being used by users.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 05:59:55 AM
Unfortunately value is defined by demand.
We can see that there are a lot of coins with big marketcaps  with no usability and very little potential , which is means that value is often made from think air.

But on the other hand legitimacy and usability , uniqueness will give the coin potential to grow and thus the value in the future.

ADD that value is created by bad and good news as well because of some people that when they say some coin it gets pumped. Thing what John Mcafee was doing, every time he said one coin it got pumped. I don't really think that people look at tech side of it.
Activity: 22
January 11, 2018, 05:58:32 AM
Community and the project behind it. Product needs to be exciting and innovative, then the community can welcome it and use it.
Activity: 166
January 11, 2018, 05:50:10 AM
I think people's interest and project's whitepaper and roadmap
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
January 11, 2018, 05:40:51 AM
Just trying to give some opinion, altcoins will valueable that will based for this coins used for what , how about the project managed , the concept of this coin. I know investing on some coins its not mean you can get profit because invest is some high risk if the project not launched follow by the roadmap. Altcoins will have value if the promised project success and launched and can used by alot people, but some altcoins will have value if listed on major market because high trading volume everyday make the coin will growth and valuable , but for listed on major exchanges their will see how your project running goods or not.
Activity: 78
January 11, 2018, 05:36:56 AM
I think the value is in the solution its going to provide for solving some existing problems that the market is facing right now.
Activity: 546
January 11, 2018, 05:28:27 AM
I think we can see that there are lot of coins which is means that value is often made for think air.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
January 10, 2018, 06:53:51 PM
Unfortunately value is defined by demand.
We can see that there are a lot of coins with big marketcaps  with no usability and very little potential , which is means that value is often made from think air.

But on the other hand legitimacy and usability , uniqueness will give the coin potential to grow and thus the value in the future.
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
January 10, 2018, 06:50:48 PM
Secondly, most coins are just plain coins that don’t have any functions.
Activity: 350
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
January 10, 2018, 06:40:05 PM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

I think its value depends on how much investors and users partake with it and the weight of the service it offers and I think its acceptability and accessibility through various services such as exchange platforms also affects its value in my observation the volume of the token also affect the value of an altcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
January 10, 2018, 06:19:19 PM

More than technology or usability, its speculation or we can say community awareness which determines price. I have seen many ICOs not even launched their product or service but still coin price went 10x the ICO price just on the basis of investors' speculation. For instance, check POWR.

Let me give you example, Apple shares decreased horribly the day Tim Cook announced 20% fall in Apple China's sale!

Same theorem works in crypto world too. Coin is wholly owned to open market and its price fluctuates hugely by buzz and FUDs!

I agree. Also, I think that it adds flavor and activity to the cryptocurrency market rather than just having one strong player in the personal of bitcoin. The environment of competition amongst other coins are giving vibrancy to the trade and investment department of the cryptocurrency market. It is also a good medium of investment because it is quick and easy to dispose for profit.
Activity: 154
Merit: 15
January 10, 2018, 05:39:45 PM
Altcoin can get the reputable value if the trust of the investors is earned. Investors are pumping the price growth and without the investors, the coins become the coins without the purpose and they soon end up in demise. Altcoins are competing against each other with the implementation of the new technologies that the developers are believing will bring a tremendous base of investors towards the specific altcoin. There are also other things like anonymity and the blockchain that is improved in the contrary to other altcoins. Investors are looking for everything that will be of some usage to them and decentralization is one of the most desirable goals that altcoin can have. Future plans for the specific altcoins must be very well written and organized in order to attract the buyers to the altcoin base.
Activity: 74
January 10, 2018, 04:54:12 PM
Yesterday I have read a very good article about bitcoin/ blockchain. I´m now talking about the value of bitcoin, not the price. This is a big difference. Most of the people are only talking about the price of bitcoin. For me the value of bitcoin is much higher. Bitcoin was the first solving the over 550 year old problem called Byzantine Generals' Problem. This problem is very complex but in the end it´s a question about trusting somebody/ something. So after releasing bitcoin with his blockchain this problem was not a problem anymore. You don´t need to trust the blockchain like you trust your bank or something else. On the blockchain everything is documented and nobody can manipulate the blockchain.

So for me Satoshi Nakamoto is the next Man of the Millennium after Johanes Gutenberg.
Activity: 74
January 10, 2018, 04:36:35 PM
In my opinion the community is very important for the value, but for me the developer team is even more important. And of course the tech/project should have an real life usage. Too many coins out there are pumped without an working product.
Activity: 350
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
January 10, 2018, 03:36:33 PM
Bitcoin is a very profitable investment. In the future, this will make people free and free.
Activity: 392
Merit: 257
January 10, 2018, 02:42:55 PM
Well demand is what makes anything valuable if there is a good demand for it then the value would keep on increasing as the demand increases.And also i think somewhat it also depend upon total number of coins available as limited things get costly when there is a shortage.If Altcoin is accepted in many places,exchanges then the popularity of the coin would increase.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
January 10, 2018, 02:35:24 PM
demand does Smiley you know, you must make peolpe want it. make then trust you and believe in your idea.
I agree, but I want to add something. Where the coin is already popular, there is a demand for it, some more things become important: egetting a listing on good exchange, starting cooperation with important companies, etc.
Activity: 319
January 10, 2018, 02:06:27 PM
value/perceived value due to their utility and limited supply, and price is often tied to supply/demand. Supply/Demand is a simple economic factor that affects the price of many things. In some countries Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is classed as an asset, in others as a currency. Bitcoin, for example has a maximum of 21 million whole units, divisible 100 million times. With over 7 billion people on the planet, if even 1 billion were to adopt Bitcoin, 21 million whole units would not spread very far without a significant price tag.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
January 10, 2018, 02:01:19 PM
demand does Smiley you know, you must make peolpe want it. make then trust you and believe in your idea.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
January 10, 2018, 01:47:03 PM

There are many projects which are based on the social sharing. Now I have seen a project which is getting attention of many users which is based on giving you insurance based on social network. I mean that’s crazy how far the blockchain tech has gone and how it is helping the altcoin projects evolve. You can make projects based on social sharing which will connect them through decentralised network and can help grow the income with rewarding method of coins. The same kind of thing as steem etc. But put forth in the market in complete different ways.
Pages:
Jump to: