Pages:
Author

Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable - page 41. (Read 5747 times)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
December 17, 2017, 01:21:34 AM
Perhaps the idea make it valuable but i believe at last, the product will make the value more apparent.

Somehow most of the value of the coins is by speculations, the true value of a coins its hardly defined even with product itself.

Crypto = Digital = Virtual = Defineless value  Tongue
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
December 17, 2017, 01:19:27 AM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

For me, an altcoin becomes valuable if it has a very important use in the real world. There are so many altcoins out there but they did not even get back to their ICO prices. Why? Because it turned out that in reality, their coins can hardly be used properly. Sometimes, the idea sells very much easier rather than the actual product of the project. This is because there are so many brilliant ideas out there but as to how these ideas are going to be turned into reality is a totally different question.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
December 17, 2017, 01:14:30 AM
Speculation, hype and the big names of people or companies getting thrown around.
Activity: 364
December 17, 2017, 01:05:24 AM
I think the most important value should be the the product or service provided by the dev team. Maybe it should be a long term investment since we should be patient to wait for that.
Activity: 1020
Merit: 391
December 17, 2017, 12:25:56 AM
What makes altcoin valuable is the functional project, that is, the benefit that people can have, a project that stimulates the purchase of a sale, having a high quality technology, another important factor is marketing and its impact on investors.
copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 114
December 16, 2017, 11:44:28 PM
I think altcoin was so good and very valuable or valuable possibility because there are many people who are interested in using altcoin as a means of investment rates tend to rise. in fact every year will always have changes that are so fantastic, altcoin, also known as a highly qualified technology as a tool for modern transactions. Thus altcoin will be sought after by most people and are interested in taking part in it.

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
December 16, 2017, 08:37:27 PM
Do people invest in coin when they are based on social causes?
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
December 10, 2017, 08:39:20 AM
The most important thing: HYPE
Shitcoins can be hyped and become valuable..

But factors such as partnerships, good use-case, great team, promising roadmap and skilled devs are all very important
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
December 10, 2017, 08:35:49 AM
In my opinion, the more audience altcoin attracts, the more potential value it can create and vice versa the more value the altcoin creates for people, the wider audience it can attract. It means that altcoin success comes from a combination of frequency of mentions in different news and real value created for coin users. 
Activity: 518
December 06, 2017, 02:21:48 AM
For me altcoin is more valuable if you have to save your coins wisely, sell it to the highest price in the market. If you do more on altcoin and you believe it, and the price pump up that makes more valuable and profitable.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 05, 2017, 07:14:02 PM
The use itself, if your social sharing site is like steemit and pays for valuable post that people are contributing to that project you are making then it is valuable for the members there. And that will push them to make more better articles and share informative and interesting stuffs. After it's usage, of course an altcoin is valuable base on it's value/price, if you'll get a good price investors will just get aboard.
Activity: 105
December 05, 2017, 07:07:12 PM
acrually people in this community gives value to a token or coins. If you want your altcoin to be successful and have value, you will need to advertise it well and make sure that your campaign has what it takes for people to make them also believe that your altcoin will really be profitable. In this forum, many people are really wonder to invest in altcoin, but the coin must be presented well, unlike the shitcoins which only pump and dump.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 06:56:53 PM
Since a significant number of altkoks are created as a result of the ICO for some narrow purposes of marketing, banking or other activities, services, and so on, the value of a particular alcotek is determined by the need for the functioning of this coin, its utility for these purposes, that is, the individual demand for this coin. Since the scope of application of the Altokens is quite extensive, their variety is impressive. When the use of crypto currency will increase in volume over time, altcoyins have a good prospect for their development.
eP
Activity: 531
December 05, 2017, 03:07:49 PM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

i just trying to give some opinion, altcoins will valueable that will based for this coins used for what , how about the project managed , the concept of this coin.
i know investing on some coins its not mean you can get profit because invest is some high risk if the project not launched follow by the roadmap.
altcoins will have value if the promised project success and launched and can used by alot people , but some altcoins will have value if listed on major market because high trading volume everyday make the coin will growth and valuable , but for listed on major exchanges their will see how your project running goods or not.
Activity: 51
December 05, 2017, 02:49:55 PM
Demand. Which means how an altcoin is used and how attractive it is.
Activity: 45
December 05, 2017, 02:46:43 PM

I think the most important feature of any altcoin is its actual use in the real world. If this feature loses hold in the altcoin, the altcoin will eventually die out. Before it finally dies, it might simply transform into a pump and dump coin that has no real value in real life. Everything depends on the relevant real-world issue that the project, along with the coin, wishes to solve or provide an innovative and easy alternative to.

What is an altcoin in the real world that you've seen work well? DeepOnion?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
December 04, 2017, 10:54:40 AM

I think the most important feature of any altcoin is its actual use in the real world. If this feature loses hold in the altcoin, the altcoin will eventually die out. Before it finally dies, it might simply transform into a pump and dump coin that has no real value in real life. Everything depends on the relevant real-world issue that the project, along with the coin, wishes to solve or provide an innovative and easy alternative to.
Activity: 168
December 04, 2017, 10:51:07 AM
You can look at it through the lens of risks, the better the token answers these challenges, the more valuable it will be overtime:
1) General crypto risks that are shared by all tokens (market panic, regulatory ban Worldwide, critical technical flaw, etc.)
2) Regulatory risks (that this particular token will be banned/ outlawed)
3) Technology risks
4) Competition
5) Execution (Core developers fail to execute)
Activity: 88
December 04, 2017, 10:48:24 AM

I find that an altcoin to be valuable it needs to have a solid team, technology within the project, the supply available and finally reputation and popularity also.
Activity: 71
Truegame
December 04, 2017, 10:46:25 AM

I think marketing, popularity and most importantly a solid team.
Pages:
Jump to: