Pages:
Author

Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable - page 45. (Read 5747 times)

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
December 01, 2017, 06:08:42 PM
I think the value most of this coin get is subjective, most is being driven by news, if the team is dedicated to a project and keep releasing good news to the public then the price will likely react to these updates or any major partnership
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
December 01, 2017, 05:52:50 PM
Main thing for me that I look for is a good community behind a coin that is important as well as the dev team being active and providing updates. Nothing worse than investing in a coin and having zero updates even if the updates are minimal they should update at least. Even if updates are bad those should be posted as well, the only time devs don't really post is when they are leaving and scamming you and regardless of whether you are doing that at the moment people will begin to think that you are scamming them. This is human nature those two traits are what I look for most and I know it doesn't have anything to do with tech but that is what I look for in a coin beyond specs. Anybody can have good specs the others are harder to come by and I appreciate them when I find them in a coin.

This is a great comment. Updates are super important. I actually wonder why people invest in ICOs without a proof of concept or plan for updates.
I'll add this to the database
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UCpkXVLfKb94w02ZqyDCtzvGWLghi1tlvz-odCG-S9c/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
December 01, 2017, 05:39:51 PM
Main thing for me that I look for is a good community behind a coin that is important as well as the dev team being active and providing updates. Nothing worse than investing in a coin and having zero updates even if the updates are minimal they should update at least. Even if updates are bad those should be posted as well, the only time devs don't really post is when they are leaving and scamming you and regardless of whether you are doing that at the moment people will begin to think that you are scamming them. This is human nature those two traits are what I look for most and I know it doesn't have anything to do with tech but that is what I look for in a coin beyond specs. Anybody can have good specs the others are harder to come by and I appreciate them when I find them in a coin.
December 01, 2017, 05:18:10 PM
Hey, I am creating a DB of altcoins that sorts through the value issue for us. Please add information that you know. thanks
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UCpkXVLfKb94w02ZqyDCtzvGWLghi1tlvz-odCG-S9c/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
December 01, 2017, 04:12:17 PM
According to what I have seen lately, the only way that an altcoin can be valued by investors is through a large propaganda and promotional campaign, regardless of the project behind the altcoin, as I have seen some developments in the market that really do not offer anything relevant but their promoters have been responsible for making them seem like "the currency that is called to revolutionize the market and displace the bitcoin" and get good dividends, but in turn I have seen great and innovative altcoins that unfortunately not are very popular for lack of promotion.
December 01, 2017, 04:11:15 PM
I'm not sure CryptoKitties: http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/12/01/cryptokitties-invade-ethereums-public-blockchain https://www.cryptokitties.co/

Is this this going to be valuable AT ALL? It's using collectables to make the currency valuable.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
Start my crypto for better world
December 01, 2017, 03:20:48 PM
accumulate BTC! Future technology, this is all about blockchain~ we connect to each other, anytime everywhere.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 01, 2017, 03:11:27 PM
So many factors to take into consideration here op. Creating an altcoin is one thing and marketing it successfully is another thing. Technical and marketing aspects are 2 important features which will determine whether a particular crypto coin is successful or not. These two features go hand in hand to determine how valuable a coin will truly be. There are many other features like the community backing the coin, development team experience in the crypto world, regular updates to the coin etc. Luck is also a big factor in determining the success of a coin.
December 01, 2017, 03:07:51 PM
Altcoin valuable to do in the first place the idea of the project. This should be something interesting and really useful and something that is in demand. Secondly, the implementation of this project into a product. Well, another important marketing course

Did you see cryptokittens? You think this will be valuable?
Activity: 336
December 01, 2017, 12:16:49 AM
Altcoin valuable to do in the first place the idea of the project. This should be something interesting and really useful and something that is in demand. Secondly, the implementation of this project into a product. Well, another important marketing course
Activity: 209
December 01, 2017, 12:09:18 AM
It's usually the team behind the coin that makes something valuable. The coin itself doesn't matter but what matters is mostly what it represents. What it have to represent is an idea that will have real impact in the future. There are so many projects out there that are doing exactly that, they are not offering anything substantial or of value to future customers. They are jus tlooking to make a quick profit in the booming market and many of them manage to do so, which attracts other people to do just the same. It's a never ending circle which is why we see so many horrible and useless coins circulating. At some point they will all collapse and only the strong coins will remain. These will always be the one's that had a vision and actually impemented steps in order to realize it.
Yes,definitely I  have to agree with what you just mentioned the team behind the coin that makes something valuable,this is essential because that is the basis for the development,one or several experienced and prominent developers in their field give confidence to potential followers of a cryptocurrency in particular,some of these have him or them from the beginning,other times they are volunteers or in their defect also sometimes they need to be hired,but that is something fundamental in any altcoin valuable.
Activity: 290
December 01, 2017, 12:07:20 AM
We are the reason why there are a lot of altcoins as of bow and our current era those people who accept the value of a certain coin will be decided but if they are not accepting it it is just a worthless coin they give value so people can buy it and make profits from it if the coin is not popular it is a coin with no value at all
Activity: 74
December 01, 2017, 12:02:55 AM
Because of high user interest that can make altcoin valuable.
but its depend on the investor and user bitcoin and status in market.
November 30, 2017, 11:48:43 PM
If any alt coin bring anything new is a good one to invest. For example eth bring smart contract,ark bring pos and now tezos bringing self-amending ledger. I still felt that bitcoin is very old we need something new.

What about something new that keeps in in the mind of the public?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
November 30, 2017, 06:46:33 PM
If any alt coin bring anything new is a good one to invest. For example eth bring smart contract,ark bring pos and now tezos bringing self-amending ledger. I still felt that bitcoin is very old we need something new.
Activity: 155
November 30, 2017, 06:42:40 PM
What makes a altcoin valuable? I think 3 things:
1. Innovate/advanced tech - most important
2. Adoption + real world use application
3. Good marketing/branding and management

Sounds easy heh?
November 30, 2017, 06:31:24 PM
Will it address a problem that your community members will be proud of. do you think you can compete with other social network site ? If your coins offering can address this issue , then it might be valuable. Look at steemit coins. How it is using the community to mine coins.

But how do you grow community around a coin? Is it based on the foundation of the coin. Like Dogecoin?
Activity: 358
Merit: 11
November 30, 2017, 03:38:27 PM
Will it address a problem that your community members will be proud of. do you think you can compete with other social network site ? If your coins offering can address this issue , then it might be valuable. Look at steemit coins. How it is using the community to mine coins.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
November 30, 2017, 03:35:02 PM
i think is the total number of circulating coin or the total amount of coin supplied by the developer. for me anything in billions is just slow in growth and most of them stop at around 0.04$. Example is DOGE 
Activity: 216
Early Bitcoin investor.
November 30, 2017, 03:26:28 PM
I made a youtube video that explains what to look for in ICO's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwHkIKhddw&t=0s

That should help you, PM me if you have any questions. Enjoy

Very good video. Many interesting questions have been sorted out. Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: