Pages:
Author

Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable - page 43. (Read 5747 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 523
Passionate about Crypto
December 03, 2017, 03:46:49 AM
Pretty simple to answer. Its supply and demand just like in the real world.

Demand is caused by what the crypto is able to do in terms of products and services.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
December 03, 2017, 03:44:14 AM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

If you're talking about data sharing or file sharing then there are plenty of alts and ICOs doing that already. You may find it hard to find success in this particular field, but i mean it's up to you. If you want to go for it, go for it.

I think there are several components of what makes an alt valuable:

- Marketing
- Idea
- Team(developers)
- Community
- Trustworthiness and experience.

If you have all five, you can easily succeed with your project.
Activity: 297
Merit: 102
December 03, 2017, 03:18:04 AM
For me

1. Developers behind the project
2. The novelty of the project
3. The problem is trying to solve
4. How huge the community behind it trust the developers.
5. How strong is the partnership they are able to secure
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
December 03, 2017, 02:59:45 AM
I think the ethereum is the ones who increases the popularity and the value of altcoin, because ever since ethereum is made the altcoin world known and become popular, and spread the knowledge about it, thats why the eth is the ones who increases the altcoin. And i encourage every one to help the altcoin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
December 03, 2017, 02:32:48 AM
I think altcoin market have so many options in these times and it is limitedand it is popular.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
December 03, 2017, 02:10:42 AM
Besides the value created through ICOs,and like any other commodities,economics teaches society that values are subjective; items have economic value because people desire them for one reason or another.Altcoin and Bitcoins do not have value as a physical commodity like gold and are not widely accepted as legal tender like dollars. Rather, Altcoin appears to have value for the following reasons:

1.It is popular. In short, people accept and trade in Altcoin because other people accept and trade in Bitcoin. It is recognized and accepted as a currency by many

2.Altcoin is decentralized and limited. This is a major factor for many cryptocurrency enthusiasts. It is hard for governments to trace and tax. Also, unlike fiat money produced by central banks, there is a cap set on total litcoin limiting how much the altcoin can devalue through inflationBitcoin is a social network

3.The crypto world is a social network. The Bitcoin,Altcoin "community" is active and acts like other online social networks.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
December 03, 2017, 01:46:54 AM
The value of the created coin as a result of the ICO is determined primarily by the utility of the project itself, how much it will be needed and useful to users, that is, whether there will be a demand for this coin. If the project itself people will not be interested in its uselessness and ill-considered, then the coin itself will be useless.
Activity: 238
Merit: 112
December 03, 2017, 01:38:18 AM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?
I believe that the altcoins market offers so many options these days, that it is difficult to offer something truly novel that is not already being offered by another altcoin: greater speed, economic transactions, intelligent contracts, profitable mining, etc., etc. So now I see that many new altcoins are putting a special emphasis on advertising to present a highly attractive and convenient product, although deep down it offers nothing new. And an example of this is DeepOnion.

Altcoin is valuable because I think Altcoin will follow Bitcoin's footstep someday. I always look at Altcoin as a backup plan of Bitcoin investments. If we have a lot of money, we should invest into Altcoin, not just Bitcoin. That's to keep us in case Bitcoin gets into trouble, we still have Altcoin. Altcoin give us hope that when the famous coin has a problem, we still have hope because the new Altcoin always appear. We can generate a lot of profit while still able. We do not have to buy all Altcoin, but we can collect the most suitable Altcoin for us to invest.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
December 03, 2017, 01:37:10 AM
Technically speaking, an altcoin has value for the same reason everything else has value, people are willing to assign that much value to the object. When I am looking into investing in an altcoin, I personally look into the devs, the community and the technology in that order. Novel tech is always good but it doesn't mean anything if there are sketchy devs or no community to pack it.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 01:00:02 AM
Why is no premine so important to making an altcoin valuable?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 02, 2017, 09:27:26 PM

Something that make altcoin valuable is depend how many people known and believe in that altcoin and buy and hold that altcoin that make that altcoin increase. If no demand means the altcoin is not valuable.
December 02, 2017, 09:22:37 PM
It's pretty obvious that the community is what supports a new alt coin. How do you think you create community? What is the a "large" community?
Activity: 329
Merit: 14
December 02, 2017, 06:18:11 PM

I believe that the altcoins market offers so many options these days, that it is difficult to offer something truly novel that is not already being offered by another altcoin: greater speed, economic transactions, intelligent contracts, profitable mining, etc., etc.

So now I see that many new altcoins are putting a special emphasis on advertising to present a highly attractive and convenient product, although deep down it offers nothing new. And an example of this is DeepOnion.
December 02, 2017, 05:38:31 PM
Technically speaking, an altcoin has value for the same reason everything else has value - people are willing to assign that much value to the object.
When I am looking into investing in an altcoin, I personally look into the devs, the community and the technology in that order. Novel tech is always good but it doesn't mean anything if there are sketchy devs or no community to pack it.

The more altcoins are accepted as currency by mainstream vendors (ie. how Bitcoin is accepted at some restaurants, websites such as Overstock, etc) can add value. Also, features and mentions in crypto and mainstream media can aid its perceived legitimacy (even though press coverage alone doesn't necessarily mean it is actually legit/safe/valuable)

There are many factors, especially the price of Bitcoin, the de factor reserve currency of the Bitcoin world, price of the U.S Dollar, Innovation, energy put into securing the blockchain of a coin, and reputation issues such as public perception, scams, and media response. Dilution of the market means many alternative cryptocurrencies will find it hard to gain a foothold. But many have a cult following so have some value. Legal issues can vary the price also as discussed above.

I wonder if one does a very focused local campaign if it would strengthen the value of the currency. If you could get locals to adopt it. How do people deal with currency fluctuations in that instance?
Activity: 39
December 02, 2017, 02:27:27 PM
Technically speaking, an altcoin has value for the same reason everything else has value - people are willing to assign that much value to the object.
When I am looking into investing in an altcoin, I personally look into the devs, the community and the technology in that order. Novel tech is always good but it doesn't mean anything if there are sketchy devs or no community to pack it.

The more altcoins are accepted as currency by mainstream vendors (ie. how Bitcoin is accepted at some restaurants, websites such as Overstock, etc) can add value. Also, features and mentions in crypto and mainstream media can aid its perceived legitimacy (even though press coverage alone doesn't necessarily mean it is actually legit/safe/valuable)

There are many factors, especially the price of Bitcoin, the de factor reserve currency of the Bitcoin world, price of the U.S Dollar, Innovation, energy put into securing the blockchain of a coin, and reputation issues such as public perception, scams, and media response. Dilution of the market means many alternative cryptocurrencies will find it hard to gain a foothold. But many have a cult following so have some value. Legal issues can vary the price also as discussed above.
Activity: 826
Merit: 251
December 02, 2017, 01:46:01 PM

In Your case the community means much, but the key feature will be the strength of this community which for me means what value will have this alt to the supporters and the adoption of this in the mass! Anyway, the new techs will only add the value to every alt, but for this one will be cool to get the wallet integrated into the social account! 
December 02, 2017, 01:18:57 PM
In my opinion, some field make altcoin valuable such as:
+ Anonymity
+ Micropayment friendly ( i like ETH because of this )
+ Friendly mining
+ No premine
+ Have development team
+ Huge community ( important)

Micro payment friendly is really good! Thanks for that tip.
Activity: 210
Merit: 110
Safein Community Manager
December 02, 2017, 12:11:49 PM
In my opinion, some field make altcoin valuable such as:
+ Anonymity
+ Micropayment friendly ( i like ETH because of this )
+ Friendly mining
+ No premine
+ Have development team
+ Huge community ( important)
Activity: 350
December 02, 2017, 12:01:01 PM

Well, as what i have observed and understood im the past few months of being here in the crypto world, the thing that really gives value to a token or coin are athe people. If a coin/token is unique and solves a great problem, then that attracts a lot of people. Along with big investors. Which then increases the demand and makes the token more valuable. That's pretty much it i think. Anyways, ho pe this helps. And hope you'd get to make a very prpmising coin that can really help a lot in the crypto world and not just aim for profit.

Good day. And good luck.
Activity: 140
The Future Of Work
December 02, 2017, 09:13:03 AM
If an altcoin has higher demand and low supply then maybe it makes it more valuable.That is my personal opinion.And if the creator of the coin launched a great and successful project then maybe it can be valuable also.
Pages:
Jump to: