Pages:
Author

Topic: What supplements or vitamins you are taking to stay fit and healthy? - page 4. (Read 1601 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0
No I don't take any supplements and depends greatly on natural veggies
Activity: 74
There are many supplement powders available in market just opt out one
Activity: 19
I take a multi vitamin every day as well as Fish Oil, Vitamin D and Vitamin E.  I also make my own Vitamin C with Sodium Ascorbate and Sunflower Lecithin.  I put these two ingredients into an Ultrasound machine which helps your body absorb a higher concentration.  You can find different receipts for this on many different web sites. 
Activity: 22
Supplements or vitamins that I use to eliminate the feeling of fatigue is by taking vitamin C ... with this vitamin c we can be more spirit in the activity and fatigue I lost
Activity: 112
I usually use chlorophyll supplements. it's a very good supplement for health. if you regularly consume splemen your body fit and healthy. I suggest that 1 day 2 times you drink it. one spoon of chlorophyll mixed with 1 cup of mineral water, drink regularly to keep your body fit and healthy. indeed the price is rather expensive but it does not matter as we are able because health is priceless. people living a healthy life should be diligent in exercising and taking supplements. but I suggest do not drink harmful spices.
Activity: 28
Activity: 6
I take Multi-vitamins and additional Mg because I don't eat fish at all Grin
Mg is also useful if you have problems with stress or panic attacks.
Also it is very good to take vitamin D if you don't see much of a sun in winter.
Activity: 164
Merit: 1
I am fit already no need for supplements
Activity: 56
Take two glasses of Moosor Dal, and Sattu and you will be healthy forever
Activity: 45
I don't have artificial supplements but just enough green juice and roughage.
Activity: 27
I take vitamin mineral and steroid supplements as instructed by gym guide.
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
adults vitamins and fish oil
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
supplements do not really keep you healthy, the food itself does. if you dont get something from food, supplementation rarely can fulfill your needs because your body can absorb more nutrients from food than it can from supplements. that being said, i wille xplain what supplements i use and why. If you are ver active (sports etc) some nutrients like the proteins are in bigger need than you are used to eat in food. you can supplement protein to get that extra 10-30g of protein in you so you dont have (or can't afford) to eat 5 whole chicken breasts every day to fulfill your protein needs for the day (needs depend on your activity/excercise and weight). so number one supplement i use is protein, but only when i dont fulfill my calculated protein needs for the day, wich is not always easy or convenient to do. Nutrients that are scarce in food i eat frequently are omega 3 fat acids (I shuld eat more fish and olive oil to get that), so i eat omega 3 or fish oil every 2-3 days or so. I generally dont take vitamins and such pills because i read in the science papers (on strongerbyscience and on pubmed) that the body can really use only a certain percentage of vitamins if you take them in pure form instead of in food. also vitamin and multivitamin prices are over the top. there is a neat-looking pill that is for active people, it gives you whole daily needs of vitamins and minerals for an average person. but how much of that is usable by the body? and does it mean you dont have to eat vitamins in your food? no. i also take creatine phosphate, as i do martial arts and the most needed metabolic process to get energy there is oxidative phosphorilation (gives you more energy for fast muscle contractions). creatine is present in meat and fish, and we eat it anyway, also the human body makes it in liver.  but if you are really into an activity that benefits from creatine phosphate metabolism, and you have bigger needs for it than a normal person you can think about creatine suplementation. in other cases you probably already get how much you need. supplements are here to help us keep balance when we dont eat so good. if you are not a pro sportsman/woman, you probably just need to eat proper and take up some walks or excercise to keep it fit, you dont need supplements... that is my opinion based on the science papers i read and what i learned in college (physiotherapy).
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
Myra E with ascorbic acid.
Activity: 27
Vitamin A or Retinol.
Vitamin B1 or Thiamine.
Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin.
Vitamin B3 or Niacin.
Vitamin B5 or Pantothenic Acid.
Vitamin B6 or Pyridoxamine.
Vitamin B7 or Biotin.
Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid .
Vitamin B12 or Cyanocobalamin.
Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid.
Vitamin D.
Vitamin E or Tocopherol.
Vitamin K.
Activity: 30
I just eat fruits and vegetables.
Activity: 28
I take the following vitamins and supplements as an insurance to my health:

Multivitamin
Omega 3 Fish oil
N-acetyl Cysteine
Vitamin D3
Zinc
Garlic
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Milk Thistle

By taking these, you can ensure that those that you are lacking in nutrients from the whole foods that you eat can be covered by these vitamins and supplements. Although, this is not an excuse to eat junk food and you should strive to get all your nutrients from whole foods.
Activity: 170
Merit: 3
Take multi vitamins.. Or centrum
Activity: 89
Muscletech, Nitrotech ripped and Syntha 6 Edge
Activity: 128
I use multivitamins.
To maintain good and proper health, first, is to regularly move or exercise diligently. In addition, maintaining health is also closely related to the healthy food we consume.
Pages:
Jump to: