Pages:
Author

Topic: What's wrong with eating meat? - page 21. (Read 30254 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 22, 2014, 07:44:42 PM
I haven't read the whole thread.
Hopefully by now someone mentioned how wasteful modern meat production is.
The amount of water and grain used by cattle is staggering.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
April 22, 2014, 07:43:59 PM
You probably shouldn't get into arguments in English then if you can't articulate yourself or understand it properly .

You do understand me clearly, or you wouldn't reply to me very emotionally,as you did, to say the least. (heck you spamed 3 threads about it)

Now back to topic, like I said, people are free to chose what they want to eat and that should be respected, but from there to say being a vegetarian, or an atheism makes have a better IQ is like I said before idiotic

Vegetarians more intelligent than meat eaters: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201005/why-vegetarians-are-more-intelligent-meat-eaters

High IQ Children more likely to become vegetarian: http://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/DietNutrition/4721

High IQ Linked to being Vegetarian: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6180753.stm

You believe in that bullshit? really ? are you serious ? is this your vegen intelligence talking here (sorry I couldn't help my self Cheesy) ? I can post 21452 articles and how meats increase intelligence and makes intelligent heck lets give it a try :

http://www.livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html
http://www.paulcooijmans.com/evolution/eating_meat.html
http://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/99legacy/6-14-1999a.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120420105539.htm
http://www.npr.org/2010/08/02/128849908/food-for-thought-meat-based-diet-made-us-smarter
http://www.mesacc.edu/~davpy35701/text/meatarg.html
http://www.amog.com/lifestyle/101230-eating-meat-intelligence/

I mean I can go on and on, that's not even an argument -.-
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
April 22, 2014, 07:34:31 PM
Okay are you ready then to discuss why it is wrong to eat meat?

You first, tell me reasons why it's good to eat meat.
Why? That's not what this thread is about. We're discussing what's wrong with it, not what's good with it. Smiley
You keep trying to make the thread into something it's not, about veganism, about why people think its good to eat meat and why they're wrong. That's absolutely not the point of this thread, just read the god damn title. If you wanna tell me why eating meat is wrong, go ahead and do so. Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The General
April 22, 2014, 07:31:41 PM
Okay then are you ready to discuss why it's wrong to eat meat?

You first, tell me reasons why it's good to eat meat.  Smiley
April 22, 2014, 07:21:59 PM
I did not say I was against it, clearly you're trying to put words in my mouth. I just simply stated the fact that you resorted to insults after clearly having ran out of arguments. Smiley

No, how can I run out of arguments? I know what it's like to have experienced both sides and continue to expand my knowledge everyday.

I look up information on both sides, but you on the other hand, do not. You made me become emotional in the subject due to your foolish trolling and closed mindedness.

I'm not putting words into your mouth, it's by your choice of words and mockery that give the impression that you do not support it. Due to the fact that you don't bother looking at any sources I give, obviously means you are against it, as the more closed minded an individual is, the more likely they will block out information that goes against their beliefs.
Sigh.

If I didn't read the sources ( which I did ), how would I possibly have known the amounts of people involved in the studies the articles mentioned?
http://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/DietNutrition/4721
"The study included 8,170 participants in the 1970 British cohort study."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201005/why-vegetarians-are-more-intelligent-meat-eaters
This one is clear pseudoscience, it didn't even supply the reader with real numbers on how many the said "studies" involved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6180753.stm
"The study of 8,179 was reported in the British Medical Journal."
The General
April 22, 2014, 07:17:31 PM
I did not say I was against it, clearly you're trying to put words in my mouth. I just simply stated the fact that you resorted to insults after clearly having ran out of arguments. Smiley

No, how can I run out of arguments? I know what it's like to have experienced both sides and continue to expand my knowledge everyday.

I look up information on both sides, but you on the other hand, do not. You made me become heated in the subject due to your foolish trolling and closed mindedness which made me temporarily lose my calm and focus.

I'm not putting words into your mouth, it's by your choice of words and mockery that give the impression that you do not support it. Due to the fact that you don't bother looking at any sources I give, obviously means you are against it, as the more closed minded an individual is, the more likely they will block out information that goes against their beliefs.
April 22, 2014, 07:16:50 PM
What's wrong with eating meat?
When you are really hungry you might be tempted to eat the cute little bunny.  Cheesy

Or the corncob. Or cook them both.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 22, 2014, 07:15:10 PM
What's wrong with eating meat?
When you are really hungry you might be tempted to eat the cute little bunny.  Cheesy
April 22, 2014, 07:14:49 PM
Plus you have agreed with the list of geniuses that were vegan / vegetarian.

This is not a constructive argument. A list of geniuses who were not vegetarians could be made as well and would actually be longer.
Why did they adopt this lifestyle? That's what's relevant.
"They were smart and vegetarian, I'm a vegetarian and therefore I'm smart". However that's far from the truth.

When did I make that connection? I didn't, you made that assumption about me. I brought up that list because you guys continued to mock the idea of being a vegetarian.

If I brought up a list of credible people who belonged, you would be less inclined to make an insult about the entire system.

Plus, you say you are against personal insults, but you just mocked me again you closed minded buffoon.
The General
April 22, 2014, 07:13:31 PM

This is not a constructive argument. A list of geniuses who were not vegetarians could be made as well and would actually be longer.
"They were smart and vegetarian, I'm a vegetarian and therefore I'm smart". However that's far from the truth.

When did I make that connection? I didn't, you made that assumption about me. I brought up that list because you guys continued to mock the idea of being a vegetarian.

If I brought up a list of credible people who belonged, you would be less inclined to make an insult about the entire system.

Plus, you say you are against personal insults, but you just mocked me again you closed minded buffoon.
April 22, 2014, 07:11:56 PM

I agree it's not constructive argument when used without context. But I'm bringing up the fact that he literally disagreed with the entire list because he 'thought' one person didn't belong.

I have shown that he has belonged, and then he begins to mock me.

That shows how closed minded moron he is by refusing to accept factual information that doesn't support his beliefs.
I did not disagree with the entire list, I'm saying you lost your credibility when you added false information to it ( Hitler was the only one I knew whether was vegetarian or not, having discussed it multiple times ) and therefore I reacted to it. I'm accepting whatever facts you throw at me, but I don't agree with your technique of embedding unproven theories and non-scientific research results when constructing arguments.
The General
April 22, 2014, 07:09:42 PM

I agree it's not constructive argument when used without context. But I'm bringing up the fact that he literally disagreed with the entire list because he 'thought' one person didn't belong.

I have shown that he has belonged, and then he begins to mock me.

That shows how closed minded moron he is by refusing to accept factual information that doesn't support his beliefs.
April 22, 2014, 07:08:38 PM

No, what's relevant is was there any connection between their lifestyle choice and their great minds. The point CoinGeneral is trying to make is that "They were smart and vegetarian, I'm a vegetarian and therefore I'm smart". However that's far from the truth.
April 22, 2014, 07:07:32 PM
What results in good discussion when you are closed minded about everything?

Whenever I say something you will say I am wrong. You've already done it Apsvinet every time, you are a troll and a closed minded idiot.
Oh my, how original. Runs out of arguments and jumps directly to personal insults.

Childish, one might say.
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
April 22, 2014, 07:06:49 PM

The General
April 22, 2014, 07:06:28 PM
What results in good discussion when you are closed minded about everything?

Whenever I say something you will say I am wrong. You've already done it Apsvinet every time, you are a troll and a closed minded idiot.
April 22, 2014, 07:06:14 PM
The General
April 22, 2014, 07:04:49 PM

The vast majority of geniuses throughout history have all been meat eaters except some from India.

This argument holds no grounds as a large majority of the population in general have been meat eaters.

Out of all the geniuses possible, will you not agree that some of the most influential geniuses of all time have been vegan / vegetarian?:

And yes, almost everyone that is a vegetarian or vegan start out as a meat eater but found information that diverted them away from it.

Einstein - Theory of Relativity. Had the most groundbreaking discovery of the 20th century.
Isaac Newton - Created Calculus and Founded Physics. He is considered the father of Physics, the father of Calculus, the Father of Modern Medicine, and even the Father of Modern Science.
Nikola Tesla - Invented the radio and Alternating Current. Has a cult following that many of his inventions were stolen.
Gandhi - Civil Rights Movement
Buddha - Founded Buddhism
Steve Jobs - Created Apple
Ramanujan - Genius mathematician.
Edward Wittin - Einstein's successor and foremost string theorist
Brian Greene - Genius who refuted Einstein's theory that space could stretch but not tear.
Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg, etc.

Q: Why do you think so many of the greatest geniuses have been vegetarian?

Greene: From my limited experience, vegetarians typically are people who are willing to challenge the usual, accepted order of things. Moreover, they’re often people willing to sacrifice their own pleasures in pursuit of what they believe is right. These same qualities are often what’s needed to make great breakthroughs in the arts and sciences.

There are so many influential geniuses who have been Vegan / Vegetarian like Ellen Degeneres and the Dalai Lama. Even Hitler was a Vegetarian. These guys were all open minded and challenged the culture they were born in. Unlike you trolls.

Also, you will probably just say everything I said here is BS, which is why it's pointless to argue with you guys. This is how atheists feel when they are arguing against Christians: You can't win, even though you are right every time.
April 22, 2014, 07:04:28 PM
Order, gentlemen! This is turning into a trollfest.
I'm sorry, just felt like shutting down one of the biggest buffoons of this thread so that others and myself may have a good discussion about the topic. Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
April 22, 2014, 07:03:24 PM
Order, gentlemen! This is turning into a trollfest.
Pages:
Jump to: