Pages:
Author

Topic: What's wrong with eating meat? - page 22. (Read 30254 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101
April 22, 2014, 07:01:56 PM
No one said it was scientific. It was testimonials.

Again you are very closed minded.
Haha. When the poor contrarian runs out of arguments on his own, he often refers to what is commonly known as the "no u". Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The General
April 22, 2014, 07:00:22 PM
No one said it was scientific. It was testimonials.

Again you are very closed minded.
April 22, 2014, 06:59:23 PM
And about the poll, freaking Placebo effect, that's all there is to it.
Also shows what dumbass you are linking a poll of a few hundred people and trying to pass it on as scientific fact.
How original, a moron uses pseudo-science in a desperate attempt to seem like the most intelligent person in a discussion. Filthy contrarians.

Translation: Hurr durrr I do not accept other people's opinions even though they have tried both sides yet I am always right! Also I do not read articles nor research that supports the other cause because that goes against my beliefs!

All studies you've passed on as facts have ( when being read closer ) proven to involve fewer people than what would be needed in order to get it proven as a scientific fact. Boom Smiley
April 22, 2014, 06:58:36 PM
Seriously animals have no rights in this world! They are just like slaves to us, for us to kill and torture as much as we want! Who cares if they are suffering and crying and making squealing noises while bleeding all over the place? That is sooo funny!
Animals should not be tortured. You should be.

Animals should definitely not be tortured, and anyone who thinks so is clearly sick.
However there's nothing wrong with eating meat. Smiley

Define torture and meat. Wouldn't having your throat slit be torture and then having your flesh ate be wrong? I'm not a veggie but its a question of morality for them so just because you think there's nothing wrong doesnt mean its right and vice versa.
It's all opinions. Harming an animal with the intent and sole purpose of harming it is torture. Systematically killing it in order to provide the population of the world with food in exchange for money to provide for your family is not.
The General
April 22, 2014, 06:58:30 PM
Also shows what dumbass you are linking a poll of a few hundred people and trying to pass it on as scientific fact.
How original, a moron uses pseudo-science in a desperate attempt to seem like the most intelligent person in a discussion. Filthy contrarians.

Translation: Hurr durrr I do not accept other people's opinions even though they have tried both sides yet I am always right! Also I do not read articles nor research that supports the other cause because that goes against my beliefs!

April 22, 2014, 06:57:35 PM
You just literally ruined the legitimacy of all your sources and "facts" when you suggested that Hitler was a vegetarian.
It's just a common misunderstanding / myth, and you got records of him consuming meat before WW2, being a soldier in WW1, etc.

Boom. Mind. Blown.

Dude you are so stupid it's not even funny. Look up the names yourself. You are so closed minded and biased that you literally block out any information that goes against your belief.

Here is the page for Hitler's vegetarianism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism

"In November 1938, an article for the English magazine Homes & Gardens describing Hitler's mountain home, The Berghof, stated that in addition to being a teetotaler and a non-smoker, Hitler was also a vegetarian. Ignatius Phayrethe wrote, "A life-long vegetarian at table, Hitler's kitchen plots are both varied and heavy in produce. Even in his meatless diet Hitler is something of a gourmet"

But go ahead continue being a retard your entire life.

There are also articles that claim he wasn't vegetarian, closed minded articles that only support your belief, but this is factually agreed upon notion:

"Towards the end of his life Adolf Hitler followed a vegetarian diet. It is not clear when he adopted it, since accounts of his dietary habits prior to the Second World War indicate that he still consumed meat."
Are you partially blind? Same bloody article: "Towards the end of his life Adolf Hitler followed a vegetarian diet. It is not clear when he adopted it, since accounts of his dietary habits prior to the Second World War indicate that he still consumed meat."

Towards the end of his life. Alright, a mass murderer changed his diet preferences while killing approximately 6 million Jews. Alrighty then, I guess vegetarianism is for smart people.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
April 22, 2014, 06:56:58 PM
Seriously animals have no rights in this world! They are just like slaves to us, for us to kill and torture as much as we want! Who cares if they are suffering and crying and making squealing noises while bleeding all over the place? That is sooo funny!

Animals should definitely not be tortured, and anyone who thinks so is clearly sick.

Define torture and meat. Wouldn't having your throat slit be torture and then having your flesh ate be wrong? I'm not a veggie but its a question of morality for them so just because you think there's nothing wrong doesnt mean its right and vice versa.
April 22, 2014, 06:56:12 PM
If you guys have an open mind, watch the entirety of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCGkprGW_o

Because most of you do NOT have an open mind, you will not watch this video.

Instead you will skip over it and still continue to claim you were right all along.

Ignorance at its finest Smiley

Here is an interesting post I made before, try to say something bad about it:

The General
April 22, 2014, 06:55:39 PM
You just literally ruined the legitimacy of all your sources and "facts" when you suggested that Hitler was a vegetarian.
It's just a common misunderstanding / myth, and you got records of him consuming meat before WW2, being a soldier in WW1, etc.

Boom. Mind. Blown.

Dude you are so stupid it's not even funny. Look up the names yourself. You are so closed minded and biased that you literally block out any information that goes against your belief.

Here is the page for Hitler's vegetarianism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism

"In November 1938, an article for the English magazine Homes & Gardens describing Hitler's mountain home, The Berghof, stated that in addition to being a teetotaler and a non-smoker, Hitler was also a vegetarian. Ignatius Phayrethe wrote, "A life-long vegetarian at table, Hitler's kitchen plots are both varied and heavy in produce. Even in his meatless diet Hitler is something of a gourmet"

But go ahead continue being a retard your entire life.

There are also articles that claim he wasn't vegetarian, closed minded articles that only support your belief, but this is factually agreed upon notion:

"Towards the end of his life Adolf Hitler followed a vegetarian diet. It is not clear when he adopted it, since accounts of his dietary habits prior to the Second World War indicate that he still consumed meat."
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
April 22, 2014, 06:55:26 PM

I agree that there's nothing wrong with eating meat, but I think that the current state of factory farming makes some kind of torture, or at least horrible life conditions, inevitable for animals.

I have huge respect for hunters.
April 22, 2014, 06:53:55 PM
April 22, 2014, 06:52:13 PM

The General
April 22, 2014, 06:51:59 PM
April 22, 2014, 06:51:31 PM

All these things have equal right of existence. There is no moral justification only to kill what's dissimilar to us while protecting what we pity.

ya.ya.yo!

That's not how life works. Organisms have to be destroyed for others to live, and I prefer to cause as least suffering as I can to fuel my existance.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 22, 2014, 06:51:01 PM

There is nothing wrong with eating meat though.
April 22, 2014, 06:50:59 PM
The vast majority of geniuses throughout history have all been meat eaters except some from India.

This argument holds no grounds as a large majority of the population in general have been meat eaters.

Out of all the geniuses possible, will you not agree that some of the most influential geniuses of all time have been vegan / vegetarian?:

And yes, almost everyone that is a vegetarian or vegan start out as a meat eater but found information that diverted them away from it.

Einstein - Theory of Relativity. Had the most groundbreaking discovery of the 20th century.
Isaac Newton - Created Calculus and Founded Physics. He is considered the father of Physics, the father of Calculus, the Father of Modern Medicine, and even the Father of Modern Science.
Nikola Tesla - Invented the radio and Alternating Current. Has a cult following that many of his inventions were stolen.
Gandhi - Civil Rights Movement
Buddha - Founded Buddhism
Steve Jobs - Created Apple
Ramanujan - Genius mathematician.
Edward Wittin - Einstein's successor and foremost string theorist
Brian Greene - Genius who refuted Einstein's theory that space could stretch but not tear.
Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg, etc.

Q: Why do you think so many of the greatest geniuses have been vegetarian?

Greene: From my limited experience, vegetarians typically are people who are willing to challenge the usual, accepted order of things. Moreover, they’re often people willing to sacrifice their own pleasures in pursuit of what they believe is right. These same qualities are often what’s needed to make great breakthroughs in the arts and sciences.

There are so many influential geniuses who have been Vegan / Vegetarian like Ellen Degeneres and the Dalai Lama. Even Hitler was a Vegetarian. These guys were all open minded and challenged the culture they were born in. Unlike you trolls.

Also, you will probably just say everything I said here is BS, which is why it's pointless to argue with you guys. This is how atheists feel when they are arguing against Christians: You can't win, even though you are right every time.

Boom. Mind. Blown.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 22, 2014, 06:49:31 PM
Nothing against vegans personally. But I ABSOLUTELY HATE those evangelical vegans who try to tell me with their every breath that eating meat, wearing leather etc is sick and wrong.

If you don't want to eat meat then don't. But shut the fuck up about it.
April 22, 2014, 06:48:39 PM

Of course eating too much of anything is bad; my statement applied to any vegetable, and there's no way eating a moderate amount of soy causes problems (most Asians eat some form of it almost everyday).
The General
April 22, 2014, 06:48:01 PM
The vast majority of geniuses throughout history have all been meat eaters except some from India.

This argument holds no grounds as a large majority of the population in general have been meat eaters.

Out of all the geniuses possible, will you not agree that some of the most influential geniuses of all time have been vegan / vegetarian?:

And yes, almost everyone that is a vegetarian or vegan start out as a meat eater but found information that diverted them away from it.

Einstein - Theory of Relativity. Had the most groundbreaking discovery of the 20th century.
Isaac Newton - Created Calculus and Founded Physics. He is considered the father of Physics, the father of Calculus, the Father of Modern Medicine, and even the Father of Modern Science.
Nikola Tesla - Invented the radio and Alternating Current. Has a cult following that many of his inventions were stolen.
Gandhi - Civil Rights Movement
Buddha - Founded Buddhism
Steve Jobs - Created Apple
Ramanujan - Genius mathematician.
Edward Wittin - Einstein's successor and foremost string theorist
Brian Greene - Genius who refuted Einstein's theory that space could stretch but not tear.
Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg, etc.

Q: Why do you think so many of the greatest geniuses have been vegetarian?

Greene: From my limited experience, vegetarians typically are people who are willing to challenge the usual, accepted order of things. Moreover, they’re often people willing to sacrifice their own pleasures in pursuit of what they believe is right. These same qualities are often what’s needed to make great breakthroughs in the arts and sciences.

There are so many influential geniuses who have been Vegan / Vegetarian like Ellen Degeneres and the Dalai Lama. Even Hitler was a Vegetarian. These guys were all open minded and challenged the culture they were born in. Unlike you trolls.

Also, you will probably just say everything I said here is BS, which is why it's pointless to argue with you guys. This is how atheists feel when they are arguing against Christians: You can't win, even though you are right every time.
April 22, 2014, 06:45:54 PM
And has anyone raised the issue that if everyone went vegetarian in the world and we stopped meat production with farms and such we would run out of phosphor which we need to provide the population with vegetarian food by 2035~ (source forgotten but feel free to google it)?

This is not an issue. Because there's a huge margin between the current situation, and all the world becoming vegetarian; that's litteraly impossible. And actually, most of the phosphorus we use is mined from calcium phosphate rocks. And there's phosphorus in all cell membranes, wether they come from animals or plants.

I recommend the BBC documentary "How Many People Can Live on Planet Earth?" if you wanna learn about how much cultivation is ruining our planet. You can't blame the meat industry for everything, just saying'.

The animals we eat have to be fed to grow; the vast majority of soy and corn produced in the USA goes to feed livestock. And like I said earlier, we need to feed an animal 10 times more in term of soy, than if we ate the soy ourselves, to get the same amount of calory.
Too bad Soy proteins can't be compared to protein from meats as Soy contains estrogen-like substances.
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/eating-soy-increase-estrogen-production-2870.html
http://www.cancercouncil.com.au/22342/cancer-information/cancer-risk-and-prevention/healthy-weight-diet-and-exercise/soy-foods/

Neeext.
Pages:
Jump to: