Pages:
Author

Topic: What's wrong with eating meat? - page 19. (Read 30254 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
April 23, 2014, 09:09:13 AM
Some people need to eat meat for the protein, otherwise we'd have to get our protein from taking more pills. Animals eat other animals, It's just a part of life.

Protein doesn't just come from meat. Animals rape and murder each other as well, so is rape an murder ok too?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 23, 2014, 08:58:32 AM
Some people need to eat meat for the protein, otherwise we'd have to get our protein from taking more pills. Animals eat other animals, It's just a part of life.
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
April 23, 2014, 08:50:20 AM

If it weren't for plants you also wouldn't be here typing right now, this is a fact. You don't need to consume meat, all those nutrients you are talking about such as proteins, calcium, enzymes, vitamins such as B12, can all be found in meat substitutes

And ? I don't understand the whole point of you argument here, if it wasn't for meat you wouldn't be typing here this is a fact, meat kicked human evolution ( a scientific fact) and meat cannot be be easily substituted not by any mean.

Thought you were a christian or are you one that believes in evolution? Is it true that we wouldt have evolved without eating meat? Couldnt we have got the protein from elsewhere?

We couldn't, we are talking about natural occurrence here, also there is evolution and evolution ^^ getting

What do you mean by the last part?  Huh

The part of evolution that meats contributed two is making us more intelligent more efficient ect, we aren't talking about human Darwinism here, (which was not proven to this day or age btw...) ^^

God hasnt been proven either lol. Why do you believe in one evolution but not the other?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
April 23, 2014, 08:46:11 AM
I've been a vegetarian for about a year. As a previous meat eater, its so hard to pass up your cheeseburgers, pepperoni pizza, etc... Today I can safely say I no longer crave any red meat, although I still struggle with ham sandwiches. Still all it takes is the willpower to eating better, felling better, and just knowing your healthier - but not only that, I have contributed with helping the planet out.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
April 23, 2014, 08:38:17 AM

If it weren't for plants you also wouldn't be here typing right now, this is a fact. You don't need to consume meat, all those nutrients you are talking about such as proteins, calcium, enzymes, vitamins such as B12, can all be found in meat substitutes

And ? I don't understand the whole point of you argument here, if it wasn't for meat you wouldn't be typing here this is a fact, meat kicked human evolution ( a scientific fact) and meat cannot be be easily substituted not by any mean.

Thought you were a christian or are you one that believes in evolution? Is it true that we wouldt have evolved without eating meat? Couldnt we have got the protein from elsewhere?

We couldn't, we are talking about natural occurrence here, also there is evolution and evolution ^^ getting

The part of evolution that meats contributed two is making us more intelligent more efficient ect, we aren't talking about human Darwinism here, (which was not proven to this day or age btw...) ^^
April 23, 2014, 08:32:41 AM

April 23, 2014, 08:27:45 AM

Without plants you wouldn't be here either. Your argument is without meat we wouldn't be here, to which I reply with, without plants you wouldn't be here. You can also argue plants gave you evolution.
No I do not argue about such a thing where do you see me doing so, see the difference between us? is that I do not denies that plants are important to us, while you do argue that meat is not, so your argument is invalid here and I still have a point

Do you not see the subtition meat above? It's like you are going right over evidence and say it doesn't exist.
I said it's not easy and I backed up my point, there is no over confidence here.

According to the same fallacy that you believe in, that meat is available, is the same reason why a lot of animals are extinct. Due to negligence and lack of education.
Or destroying the animals habitat to build more farm and crop lands? is this really an argument? most of the meat we are eating nowadays we are producing our selfs so no we aren't pushing cows, chicken or fish to their doom and in remoted regions like in some regions in Africa people who hunt for their meat aren't the one endangering the species if I recall correctly.

No you don't need to ingest cholesterol. It is a naturally occurring substance your body produces. Fact: Half of all men in the US will getCardiovascular Disease. http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Understanding_Cholesterol.htm
Please check your argument again which clearly was that cholesterol and fat are bad for your health which is totally wrong, Abusing them it's what bad. as for the "Fact: Half of all men in the US will get Cardiovascular Disease." it might be true, but what does it have to do with eating meat? some are fat just from eating fried potatoes and other vegetables (doesn't mean abusing meat won't result to this)  abusing anything can ruin your health thus like I said before balanced diet is the key!

You threw out all your credibility when you say vegetarians have a 100% increase in colorectal cancer, since they have a 39% increase of colorectal cancer and that was due to having not high enough Vitamin B12 which you can get from multivitamins. Fact: Vegetarians have a lower overall cancer risk, obesity risk, coronoary heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes:
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/Vegetarian-Diets_UCM_306032_Article.jsp

where did I say such a thing, please read again what I said, you are mistaking completely and thank you for proving my point.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 23, 2014, 08:26:29 AM
When did this become a vegan discussion thread?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The General
April 23, 2014, 08:12:58 AM
OP it seems you were leading an unhealthy lifestyle and had a bad diet before. You said you ate at all the fast-food places. Maybe that's why you feel better and more energized now.

Let's see now. According to Consumer Trends, 83% of Americans (Vegans only make up .5% of the population) have to drink coffee every single morning just so they can wake up for the day.

I don't think we're going to agree in the end, but to each their own. I don't eat meat often, and have gone months without eating it and felt fine. Would I cut it out completely? No. Would I recommend vegan diets for children? Of course not, that's inhumane.

http://naturalhygienesociety.org/diet-veganbaby.html

Whenever you take up a diet, you have to properly educate yourself on it. Here is where a vegan diet works out:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110217003159AAI6E2m

"My family has historically been vegan, especially on my dad's side (I'm vegan too). My great grandfather on my dad's side was 6'5", my grandad is 6'4" (on both sides actually), and my dad is 6'2". My mom is 6', and I'm 6'3"."

The reason for the baby's death was child neglect. The reason why the story is so popular is because, "oh look, here is an example of why Vegan diets are bad, this supports my view that all meat diets are good."

Here are some deaths from meat baby breastfeeding and look, they don't get any press attention because it's pretty normal:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2006750/Mother-falls-asleep-breastfeeding-wakes-baby-dead.html
http://rt.com/usa/mother-20-prison-negligent-breastfeeding-524/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/03/yadina-morales_n_4209974.html

Here are some pregnancy facts:

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/pregnancy.htm
April 23, 2014, 08:11:50 AM

The General
April 23, 2014, 07:57:48 AM
How is anything is easier to produce that something that occurs naturally? You need several type of plants, that grows in different region around the world that doesn't grow in the same season, from all around the world to substitute meat, how is this easier than meat by any mean? meat is available everywhere, even in places where plants are not available or rarely available such as polar regions, not to mention that when you are trying to subsitute meat by eating other plants you are over consuming other components from those plants and that's can be very harmful to the body.

Fat and Cholesterol are important to the body it is vital! (too much of them might harmful but that's another story) and this is not even an argument, the same way if you over consume some plants you harm your body being in terms of sugar fat and other components.

Without a balanced diet you have a high risk of diabetes, cancer (for example being 100%vegetarian increases dramatically the risk for colorectal cancer) or heart disease, and not eating meat and trying to substitutes to them you are putting your self at risk (example for the same amount of vitamin A on meat, you need at least 6x time more vegetables that contain it)

Without plants you wouldn't be here either. Your argument is without meat we wouldn't be here, to which I reply with, without plants you wouldn't be here. You can also argue plants gave you evolution.

Do you not see the subtition meat above? It's like you are going right over evidence and say it doesn't exist.

According to the same fallacy that you believe in, that meat is available, is the same reason why a lot of animals are extinct. Due to negligence and lack of education.

No you don't need to ingest cholesterol. It is a naturally occurring substance your body produces. Fact: Half of all men in the US will get Cardiovascular Disease. http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Understanding_Cholesterol.htm

You threw out all your credibility when you say vegetarians have a 100% increase in colorectal cancer, since they have a 39% increase of colorectal cancer and that was due to having not high enough Vitamin B12 which you can get from multivitamins. Fact: Vegetarians have a lower overall cancer risk, obesity risk, coronoary heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes:
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/Vegetarian-Diets_UCM_306032_Article.jsp
April 23, 2014, 07:52:30 AM

April 23, 2014, 07:19:10 AM

These are much more easily available to produce and create than real meat. The nutrition you get from each would be roughly the same, though I would argue that the substitution meats would have more nutrients because they are plant based, as well as having less fat and zero cholesterol. Therefore making these foods the most easily obtained and digested package of proteins, essential acids and sources if iron and Vitamin B12 that you can find as it does not take months or years to make.

Humans don't need the balanced diet you are talking about to survive, as like you said, we can easily supplement ourselves. Plus we don't have such a high risk of diabetes, cancer, or heart disease from eating healthy and delicious tasting food.

How is anything is easier to produce that something that occurs naturally? You need several type of plants, that grows in different region around the world that doesn't grow in the same season, from all around the world to substitute meat, how is this easier than meat by any mean? meat is available everywhere, even in places where plants are not available or rarely available such as polar regions, not to mention that when you are trying to subsitute meat by eating other plants you are over consuming other components from those plants and that's can be very harmful to the body.

Fat and Cholesterol are important to the body it is vital! (too much of them might harmful but that's another story) and this is not even an argument, the same way if you over consume some plants you harm your body being in terms of sugar fat and other components.

Without a balanced diet you have a high risk of diabetes, cancer (for example being 100%vegetarian increases dramatically the risk for colorectal cancer) or heart disease, and not eating meat and trying to substitutes to them you are putting your self at risk (example for the same amount of vitamin A on meat, you need at least 6x time more vegetables that contain it)
The General
April 23, 2014, 07:03:16 AM
Activity: 490
April 23, 2014, 06:37:27 AM
nothing wrong with it all, just not sustainable
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
April 23, 2014, 06:34:30 AM
You guys should just accept that some people eat meat and will continue even if you talk about your veggie patties all day long. There is no "better way" here. Some people drink alcohol and some do not, same with meat, maybe it's less healthy than vegetables but it's a matter of taste.

alcohol is injurious to health but people drink it bcoz of addiction i think there is no comparison B/W meat and alcohol Tongue   
I drink alcohol for the taste. I'm not an addict, but beer is sooo good Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
April 23, 2014, 05:57:14 AM
You guys should just accept that some people eat meat and will continue even if you talk about your veggie patties all day long. There is no "better way" here. Some people drink alcohol and some do not, same with meat, maybe it's less healthy than vegetables but it's a matter of taste.
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
April 23, 2014, 03:24:51 AM
There is nothing wrong with eating meat. Some people think it is wrong how the meat is raised, but that is understandable.

If humans all convert to vegans it will deplete the land fertility and all the unkilled animals will cause massive environmental disaster. Look at India its a hell hole where cows and all kinds of animals shit on your doorstep

Your post is lacking logic. Actually you have simplistic superficial logic.
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
April 23, 2014, 03:21:06 AM
I haven't been eating a lot of meat. It's a matter of compassion.
Activity: 490
April 23, 2014, 03:01:53 AM
Absolutely nothing whatsoever
I hate vegans...
Pages:
Jump to: