Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 161. (Read 450471 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
December 23, 2015, 08:28:56 PM
If we learn to use our mind we dont need to use guns
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 23, 2015, 07:40:02 PM
Guns topping Christmas lists thanks to terrorism concerns, fear over restrictions

Guns are at the top of many Christmas lists, especially if November is any indication.

Last month, the FBI ran more than 2.2 million firearm background checks on potential buyers, a 24 percent increase from November 2014. On Black Friday, a record 185,345 background checks were processed by the FBI.

That increase coincided with the coordinated terrorist attacks at multiple sites in Paris by ISIS gunmen on Nov. 13 that killed 130 people and wounded 368.

Weeks later, on Dec. 2, an attack on a holiday party in San Bernardino, California, killed 14 and injured 17 others.

It marked the 355th mass shooting in 336 days this year and the deadliest since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut three years ago.

Read More at http://www.today.com/news/guns-topping-christmas-lists-thanks-terrorism-concerns-fear-over-restrictions-t63321.

Smiley
legendary
December 23, 2015, 07:21:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYBYN64nS1s

That's what I call a gun control. Cheesy

Nasty Meds

Or try a DuckDuckGo video search on "Nasty Meds" and watch the video in DuckDuckGo.

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
December 23, 2015, 07:03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYBYN64nS1s

That's what I call a gun control. Cheesy
legendary
December 23, 2015, 06:54:35 PM
KORWIN: America's Real Gun Problem - The Gun Myths

Prior "common sense" proposals are perpetually abandoned. The so-called "news" media adopts each new absurd gun-control scheme dutifully, promotes it uncritically, then drops it like a hot potato when it is proven worthless and runs to the next latest greatest bit of hoplophobic (morbid gun fear) ridiculousness.

In effect the nation endures a serial mythology, with new myths invented constantly, so we lose sight of each established myth as new ones spring into the public eye.

This obscures the former paranoid fabrications, frustrating our efforts "to get to the heart of the problem," which then never get adequately described. You'll recognize them instantly, from the constant hammering of the not-too-distant past—try some of these on for sighs (sic)—

Read more at http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/21/korwin-americas-real-gun-problem-the-gun-myths/.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
December 14, 2015, 09:35:23 PM
You know.. If you want better/more gun control you can always send your piece out to get a nice trigger job.. A cleaner break makes for much better precision control..
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
December 14, 2015, 08:45:55 PM
Remember one major thing. The only reason that nations which have gun control don't completely make slaves out of their people is, American still have guns. If those gun-controlled nations made formal slaves of their people, their people would see the freedom in having guns real clearly. They would get guns and collapse their nations.

In other words, gun freedom in America is keeping the world free.

Smiley
Other countries are worried about gun violence in the US when they should be worried about horrific incidents that are happening to children in Sudan. The fact the Asia countries are the worst for human trafficking and violence against children. China is a fine one to talk while their people are enslaved in a communistic regime. While the women in Arab countries are enslaved in a culture that is so outdated that it is almost unbelievable. There are atrocities everywhere just not in the US. People who live in glass houses should not be throwing stones

Agree with both of you. Guns keep America free. In countries where guns are not allowed,  citizens are totally subordinate to the state.  Sudanese, Chinese and Saudis are all slaves of the state.
Like it or not, pro gun control or against gun control, it's the American people who have the ability, by carrying weapons, to stop Islamic terrorists as well as other types.  And they are going to do it.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/08/florida-sheriff-wayne-ivey-only-thing-stops-bad-guy-gun-good-guy-gun

legendary
December 13, 2015, 07:04:19 PM
Remember one major thing. The only reason that nations which have gun control don't completely make slaves out of their people is, American still have guns. If those gun-controlled nations made formal slaves of their people, their people would see the freedom in having guns real clearly. They would get guns and collapse their nations.

Smiley
Other countries are worried about gun violence in the US when they should be worried about horrific incidents that are happening to children in Sudan. The fact the Asia countries are the worst for human trafficking and violence against children. China is a fine one to talk while their people are enslaved in a communistic regime. While the women in Arab countries are enslaved in a culture that is so outdated that it is almost unbelievable. There are atrocities everywhere just not in the US. People who live in glass houses should not be throwing stones

Does that include people who have Plexiglas windows in their homes?   Cheesy
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 13, 2015, 06:59:54 PM

Smiley

Agree with both of you. Guns keep America free. In countries where guns are not allowed,  citizens are totally subordinate to the state.  Sudanese, Chinese and Saudis are all slaves of the state.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 13, 2015, 06:55:29 PM

Smiley
legendary
December 13, 2015, 06:37:53 PM

Smiley
legendary
December 13, 2015, 05:30:37 PM
The Watchlist Gun Bans Begin: Obama Enlists Governors to Bypass Congress...

Now governors are abusing executive orders to trample on the 2nd Amendment as well.

With strong resistance in Congress to gun control measures, Obama has taken to working outside his constitutional authority yet again.

But he, his pen and his phone, are not alone this time.

To bring teeth to his pending executive orders, President Obama is working to enlist the help of many of the state governors who he hopes will sign their own executive orders.

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy plans to sign the first executive order in the nation to ban the sales of guns to people on federal government watch lists.

“We intend to prevent, by executive order through my powers as governor, those on government watch lists from obtaining a permit to purchase a firearm in Connecticut,” the Democratic governor said in a news conference Thursday.

Read more at http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/by-executive-order-obama-enlists-governors-to-bypass-congress-on-no-fly-no-buy_12112015.

Smiley
Just tell me one thing.  Are there any "Barack Hussains" on that watch list? 

Because if there are, we need to take our nukes away from him.

Because he's on the watch list.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 13, 2015, 05:22:49 PM

Now governors are abusing executive orders to trample on the 2nd Amendment as well.

With strong resistance in Congress to gun control measures, Obama has taken to working outside his constitutional authority yet again.

To bring teeth to his pending executive orders, President Obama is working to enlist the help of many of the state governors who he hopes will sign their own executive orders.

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy plans to sign the first executive order in the nation to ban the sales of guns to people on federal government watch lists.

“We intend to prevent, by executive order through my powers as governor, those on government watch lists from obtaining a permit to purchase a firearm in Connecticut,” the Democratic governor said in a news conference Thursday.

Read more at http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/by-executive-order-obama-enlists-governors-to-bypass-congress-on-no-fly-no-buy_12112015.

Smiley

Isn't it fitting that Sandy Hook, the catalyst, has it's anniversary tomorrow?
legendary
December 13, 2015, 05:12:14 PM

Smiley
legendary
December 12, 2015, 11:22:51 PM

I think everyone should be allowed to open-carry shoulder-fired nukes.

But they are heavy.  I don't even like to carry a pistol.  I mean, think, dude.  For the same weight you could carry a six pack of beer.

The dude has completely run out of things to say and is just spamming roughly the same thing to many threads.  Hard to know what his goal is, or even if he has one at this point, but it's also hard to give a shit.  A non-interesting troll has lost any residue of usefulness.  They often go out in a brief puff of random energy release and I'd guess that that is where Beliathon is at at this point.

That's what happens when you crawl up onto Stan's lap, vehemently speak with a voice like Satan's, then get rebuked enough so that you start thinking about why you are on Satan's lap, and start wishing a little that you had not crawled up there.

Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
December 12, 2015, 08:44:10 PM

But they are heavy.  I don't even like to carry a pistol.  I mean, think, dude.  For the same weight you could carry a six pack of beer.

The dude has completely run out of things to say and is just spamming roughly the same thing to many threads.  Hard to know what his goal is, or even if he has one at this point, but it's also hard to give a shit.  A non-interesting troll has lost any residue of usefulness.  They often go out in a brief puff of random energy release and I'd guess that that is where Beliathon is at at this point.

no u
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
December 12, 2015, 04:29:16 PM

legendary
December 12, 2015, 02:14:08 PM
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
December 12, 2015, 12:09:26 AM
legendary
December 11, 2015, 08:12:16 PM
Some measures for gun control are being put in place....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/nyregion/connecticut-to-ban-gun-sales-to-those-on-federal-terrorism-lists.html?_r=0

With the mass shooting in California last week focusing attention on terrorism and guns, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy of Connecticut announced on Thursday that he intended to sign an executive order barring people on federal terrorism watch lists from buying firearms in the state.

“Like all Americans, I have been horrified by the recent terrorist attacks in San Bernardino and Paris,” Mr. Malloy, a Democrat, told reporters. “This should be a wake-up call to all of us. This is a moment to seize in America, and today I’m here to say that we in Connecticut are seizing it.

FYI, the "terrorism watch list" is a list of names, not identities.  So this moronic measure would ban, as an example, all "John Smith" persons, if just one of thousands were on the list.  If the banned name lacked a middle name, you can see what would occur.

As the "terrorism watch list" does not name individuals, a ban based on it would clearly be unconstitutional.

Then again, I am certain there is a Mohammed on that list...

We can expect a lot of pushback on this.
The terrorists of this world will find easier (illegal) ways to buy guns.
These measures are not going to stop them.
FYI, the current NICS background check seems to work okay.  Here is a list of the categories of people who are denied on this standard procedure.  One truly glaring thing that's obvious in reading this is that MOST of the categories of things liberals say "we ought to do" are already being done...

The federally prohibiting criteria are as follows:

A person who has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year or any state offense classified by the state as a misdemeanor and is punishable by a term of imprisonment of more than two years.
    Persons who are fugitives of justice—for example, the subject of an active felony or misdemeanor warrant.
    An unlawful user and/or an addict of any controlled substance; for example, a person convicted for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past year; or a person with multiple arrests for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past five years with the most recent arrest occurring within the past year; or a person found through a drug test to use a controlled substance unlawfully, provided the test was administered within the past year.
    A person adjudicated mental defective or involuntarily committed to a mental institution or incompetent to handle own affairs, including dispositions to criminal charges of found not guilty by reason of insanity or found incompetent to stand trial.
    A person who, being an alien, is illegally or unlawfully in the United States.
    A person who, being an alien except as provided in subsection (y) (2), has been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa.
    A person dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
    A person who has renounced his/her United States citizenship.
    The subject of a protective order issued after a hearing in which the respondent had notice that restrains them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such partner. This does not include ex parte orders.
    A person convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime which includes the use or attempted use of physical force or threatened use of a deadly weapon and the defendant was the spouse, former spouse, parent, guardian of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, by a person who is cohabiting with or has cohabited in the past with the victim as a spouse, parent, guardian or similar situation to a spouse, parent or guardian of the victim.
    A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

Jump to: