Pages:
Author

Topic: Where did you first heard about Bitcoins? - page 40. (Read 91312 times)

Activity: 508
Merit: 250
In CryptoEnergy we trust
First time i heard about bitcoin from a newspaper subscription around 2011. I read about a cryptocurrency that has tremendous price potential over the next few years. However, i just learned it by end 2014.

Wow. Thunk about it if you got involved with bitcoin at 2011. You might have been really rich now.
I just learned it a year ago but the regret is actually why I sold some of it with just a little increase.
I guess I am also one of the panic sellers before because I lack trust with what I invested with.
But now, I am trying to stop looking at the price and just letting it do its job of increasing in value.

I will try not to look at its price drop now hoping it will rise agaun, i sometimes want to sell it but still want to keep it since btc will soon it rise and I don't want to regret it.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
First time i heard about bitcoin from a newspaper subscription around 2011. I read about a cryptocurrency that has tremendous price potential over the next few years. However, i just learned it by end 2014.

Wow. Thunk about it if you got involved with bitcoin at 2011. You might have been really rich now.
I just learned it a year ago but the regret is actually why I sold some of it with just a little increase.
I guess I am also one of the panic sellers before because I lack trust with what I invested with.
But now, I am trying to stop looking at the price and just letting it do its job of increasing in value.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
I heard it back in 2011 where in there was a huge hype of mining Bitcoin using GPU's and there were numerous facebook groups where they posted they rigs and also had many tutorials for other to follow or even customize their rigs in order to work better.

I heard it to may sister using while she is using her BTC account.
I ask her what is the use of bitcoin and she briefly give me an information regarding the use of BTC and importance of it.
It is really depends on us if we are interested or not, I hear bitcoin a long time ago but just lately I concentrate on it. I really thought that this is only a payment system where I can bet in my gambling activities but later I realize there's more I can do to earn money using bitcoin.
Now, I am a satisfied trader and I do it daily so my income is very active, thanks also that the price just pump late though it's a big off now.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
4 year ago i was writing a post on libertarian facebook timeline, i see ad, bitcoin
wow, crypto money, that is what we, divines, had expected from technology,
but, nakamoto became spook and crypto is slave of fiats, divine money looms
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I heard it back in 2011 where in there was a huge hype of mining Bitcoin using GPU's and there were numerous facebook groups where they posted they rigs and also had many tutorials for other to follow or even customize their rigs in order to work better.

I heard it to may sister using while she is using her BTC account.
I ask her what is the use of bitcoin and she briefly give me an information regarding the use of BTC and importance of it.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
The first time I heard about Bitcoin was early 2012 when I read an article about the Silk Road. I was like what the heck... people are buying and selling drugs on the internet? I found it interesting and pretty crazy, but kind of dismissed it as being an insane thing to do and something that would get shut down by the government soon.

Then, about 6 months later I came across another article on the Silk Road. I was surprised it has not been shut down yet, and decided to look into it more. I started learning about Bitcoin, and downloaded the TOR browser to visit the Silk Road myself. I guess seeing is believing, as it was then that I had an epiphany.

Initially I viewed Silk Road and imitators as Bitcoin's killer app, and I thought Bitcoin was sure to grow in value due to this application. I have since come to realize that Bitcoin and/or blockchain technology has so many more uses, but I think Silk Road really helped Bitcoin get its name out there and jump start it into what it is today.

I bought GPU mining rigs for Bitcoin and started mining Litecoin once Bitcoin ASICs came out. I joined the forums around that time, and the rest is history! It has been a wonderful and interesting ride. Keeping up with Bitcoin and ALT coins is one of my favorite hobbies for sure!
Activity: 700
I first heard of cryptocurrency back in 2014. It wasnt bitcoin though, it was dogecoin. i thought it was pretty funny and bought a couple million when they were cheap. I sold them for a profit of a couple thousand bucks and I have been trading crypto currency ever since then.
for the first time i heard about bitcoin from one of my friend. he introduce bitcoin to me, but still i was not giving more importance to it, and after that he started showing me his progress which really made me start thinking about bitcoin and from there i start learning about bitcoin.
i also heard about bitcoin for the first time from my friend, he is also so much expert in making money.. in fact he was jobless, but still he manage to spend a good time . then i  asking from him about his income and he told me about bitcoin and the show the result
for the first time i heard about bitcoin from one of my student, as i asked from him about his job and reply that he s buy in online business. and from there i study about it and start taking interest here. now now i am really earning a good amount of bitcoin from trading as well as from a signature campaign. the additional income that come from bitcoin really help me in controlling my expenses that were really difficult to control from my day job.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Well i heard first about bitcoins in my grand uncle.
At first it was nothing to me just a piece of coin or a toy but when my grand uncle push me to understand bitcoins i became desperate to know more about it then time passes by i found this group bitcointalk and i understand bitcoin well now.
Activity: 490
I first heard of cryptocurrency back in 2014. It wasnt bitcoin though, it was dogecoin. i thought it was pretty funny and bought a couple million when they were cheap. I sold them for a profit of a couple thousand bucks and I have been trading crypto currency ever since then.
for the first time i heard about bitcoin from one of my friend. he introduce bitcoin to me, but still i was not giving more importance to it, and after that he started showing me his progress which really made me start thinking about bitcoin and from there i start learning about bitcoin.
i also heard about bitcoin for the first time from my friend, he is also so much expert in making money.. in fact he was jobless, but still he manage to spend a good time . then i  asking from him about his income and he told me about bitcoin and the show the result. and  then i really start taking interest in bitcoin and really making good profit from trading alt coin. it s really an  extra income for me and i can now fulfill most of my wishes that were not possible with my day job.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514

I heard about bitcoin talk 1 month ago from my friend , he told me about how to work in bitcoin and share some video about bitcoin talk.

Me, i first heard it inside our classroom. My friends are talking about what bitcoin is. During that time i didn't believe on it. but when they show it to me. i believed that bitcoin is real and really exist. Even i know that is real i didn't use it because the first thing that comes in my mind is the word "scam". Whenever I heard about money and transaction online i always think that its scam. But because of my curiosity about it. I tried it and i found out that if you will be careful of your money youll not be scam by other people.
yeah i also heard about bitcoin through my college friend few years ago the i start to use bitcoin and bitcoin is really a great currency for us and we can get good profit from bitcoin easily and a lot of people adopting bitcoin in good amount.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
I first heard of Bitcoin at an ICT symposium organized in 2010 but I didn't bother finding out what it really was; thought it was one of the computer payment systems like liberty reserve which hitherto was stopped and so i didn't pay much attention to it until last year.
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
I sometimes seen articles about cryptocurrencies in news, etc but i havent had an opportunity to notice it until last year 2016 when I overlooked my officemate looking at some weird graphs apparently for coins trading especially bitcoin. Since then i had bugged him on the how to's and why's of the bitcoin world. And still on the knowhow side, looking forward to understand bitcoin more as well as the other coins just like those with 5-gold coin badges on their names.
for the first time i also heard about bitcoin through social media. but at that time i do not give any preference to bitcoin and after that hearing about bitcoin from my friend who has really made good profit from bitcoin. he is mostly interested in trading and after that i start taking interest in bitcoin and now i am also making good profit from bitcoin trading.

Thanks to random advertising and useful information, a person's life can change very much. I learned about bitcoin from friends. At that time, I lost my job, so I was very interested in cryptocurrency
Activity: 770
I sometimes seen articles about cryptocurrencies in news, etc but i havent had an opportunity to notice it until last year 2016 when I overlooked my officemate looking at some weird graphs apparently for coins trading especially bitcoin. Since then i had bugged him on the how to's and why's of the bitcoin world. And still on the knowhow side, looking forward to understand bitcoin more as well as the other coins just like those with 5-gold coin badges on their names.
for the first time i also heard about bitcoin through social media. but at that time i do not give any preference to bitcoin and after that hearing about bitcoin from my friend who has really made good profit from bitcoin. he is mostly interested in trading and after that i start taking interest in bitcoin and now i am also making good profit from bitcoin trading.
Activity: 69
Activity: 812
Merit: 262

I heard about bitcoin talk 1 month ago from my friend , he told me about how to work in bitcoin and share some video about bitcoin talk.

Me, i first heard it inside our classroom. My friends are talking about what bitcoin is. During that time i didn't believe on it. but when they show it to me. i believed that bitcoin is real and really exist. Even i know that is real i didn't use it because the first thing that comes in my mind is the word "scam". Whenever I heard about money and transaction online i always think that its scam. But because of my curiosity about it. I tried it and i found out that if you will be careful of your money youll not be scam by other people.
Activity: 70
First time i heard about bitcoins into my uncle he is rich tho and he talk about bitcoins with me and when i understand bitcoins i try to know more about it.
First time in my life with bitcoins i tried trading also investing in some schemes but trading is the best because i love it when you predict and that predict will win.
Bitcoins will surprise the world.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
So far I can remember, I heard about Bitcoin from one of my cousins. He was engaged trading and lending Bitcoin and told me many things about Bitcoin. Then I was little bit curious and interested in learning​ a bit more. I asked him to letting me informed more and he also told me the others functions of Bitcoin, there are many opportunities to earn Bitcoin which must be a valuable asset for anyone.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
Im hear about bitcoins from my friends through email
he explain everything about bitcoins
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
Well like most of people out there, i have heard about bitcoin from a friend. If i remember right it was about two years ago, in some coffee shop. At fight i was not interested because it sounded a bit risky, and i did not want to waste little money that i had back than. But after a year i have decided to join this forum and give it a shot at signature campaign... and here i am till this day Cheesy .
Pages:
Jump to: