Pages:
Author

Topic: Where did you first heard about Bitcoins? - page 7. (Read 91282 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 100
I first knew bitcoin for accidentally meeting someone who was quite strange in my opinion because he talked to me that unemployment can also make money and from there I start curious and then I ask, how can I? then he replied with bitcoin
Activity: 158
It was about that i overheard some guys or some tech heads talking about bitcoin and ez money at first i was not interested cause if youre first to know what online job is eventually youll have to think it is fraud idea everyone will think of that in first but after i heard that bitcoin is sucessing last year i feel so ashamed that i only joined now because im late of a year if i could just go back in time i would be investing much monry to wait after 5 years due in time and be rich quietly lol it was until my friend actually refered it to me that it was not a fraud to start lol he was overwhelmed that i know about bitcoin before it became popular but yes he laughed at me and at the same time he was angry to not let him know it earlier tho i feel also exited to what i will have
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
The first time i heard bitcoin last 2 years ago, maybe its a month of April from my cousin. He mentioned it one time when i visited at their home that he earn extra income and invest in bitcoin. That time i was confused and interested in bitcoin then i asked him how to invest, then he started to teach and share his knowledge about bitcoin. After that i do research everyday, when i have enough knowledge and idea then i started to invest in bitcoin. Right now bitcoin is a big help in my needs.
Activity: 201
I first heard about bitcoin in my classmate; and at that time he was gambling in bitcoin. So I really don't have the interest to know it back then. But then after almost a year, I have known that they are earning bitcoins, I kind of like to know how it is.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
first, I do not really want to work here with bitcoin. Whenever my relatives told me to work here I really do not want to. but when I found out and showed me the evidences I was thinking of and bitcoin was really true. and to my cousin it first saw so he taught me how to do it. so until now I'm still in bitcoin until I receive money.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
News reports, e.g. buying pizza with bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
I guess the first time was in 2011, when Wikileaks started accepting Bitcoins. I don't remember the exact amount, but donations came from thousands of users. And probably it was the first coverage Bitcoin got in mainstream media. But after that, there was not much coverage in the MSM.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
when i heard about bitcoin through my friends at first i don't know what they are talking then i started asking them how does the bitcoin will do. then i search it to the web then i see what is it for. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
The first time I heard about Bitcoin was in Facebook since few years ago. I received messages from some friends telling me about this promising crypto currency and encouraging me to start using and trading it. Then I started reading and learning more about it, and after joining the forum I started using and investing in Bitcoin regularly. It is now my best used currency online.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
i heard bct to my husband and i ignore him.then a week after, my brother in law told me to try joining in bitcoin forum because he already earned money .he said that its a good source of extra income.
Wow it is very good if your husband shared about the bitcoin with you. It is very important to know bitcoin and to spread the knowledge about it. People use bitcoin and they are paying the high amount in it now because it has become very famous. I heard about eh bitcoin from one of my close friends and she told me about the bitcoin that how to use bitcoin and how to make money from it.
Activity: 263
Merit: 10
In my personal experience, I first heard of it 1 year ago in a online forum game, people sold gold for Bitcoins, around March, gave it no importance at first. Now im kinda utterly commited to it. Really an interest subject of study.

I heard about it while searching for a way to exchange my PSC to Paypal (or something like that) which lead me to this forum and this was on the start of 2014 however I wasn't really interested , but with time ... I found my self on videos about Bitcoin on YouTube while I was Youtubing something about Paypal then I got interested and here I'm . Grin

Heard about bitcoin from a friend and that also told about this community.
Activity: 85
Way back 2014 when bitcoin is only at 38k (php value) I learn it cause there is so many ads about it. I do many captha and play some gamble with bitcoin .But I don't know what is alt coin is. But now I have many coins because of the shit coins that they call or alt coins because I earn because of its project and signature campaign.
Activity: 419
I heard it at symbianize.com, I have an account back again there and there had been a great deal of customers interested in faucets, so I experimented with but I located it unexciting and later I uncover that it can also be utilized in gambling, so that desire me and until now I am nevertheless gambling with bitcoins.
My story is somehow different from yours but the common we both had is unexciting. My friend used to tell me about bitcoins every time, I didn’t believed in this charismatic attribute of producing more money out of bitcoins so easily. Then I got evidences and now I am earning enough.
You must be very much thankful to your friend now. I came to know about Bitcoin in a very surprising way. Our instructor was delivering a lecture in a class and all of us a sudden he asked that whether any of us know about Digital currency. He then told us about this and I found it very much interesting. Now, I’m making a good amount of earning from this.
Activity: 34
I've heard about it from my best friend. At first i was not that interested about it but when i found out that he is earning through this, that was the time that i have decided to conduct some research about bitcoin. Since my best friend have already make a profit from bitcoin i don't think that this a scam anymore. I got interested of how he earn from bitcoin and he referred my to this forum.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
In my personal experience, I first heard of it 1 year ago in a online forum game, people sold gold for Bitcoins, around March, gave it no importance at first. Now im kinda utterly commited to it. Really an interest subject of study.

i first heard bitcoins last month because a friend of mine taught me about bitcoin and how does it work and i tried it first on doing a bitcoin faucet at first i thought that theres no way to earn much bitcoin rather than a faucet until i search and found out bitcointalk forum in google so i tried to join and found out many oppurtunity here available if you want to earn bitcoins and also other coins.
Activity: 238
The first time I heard it was in Facebook. I was a member of group that is all about homebased online jobs. It was all about captchas and pyramiding scheme. I saw some people posting about captchas that pays in btc and then that moment I knew that it's value is hundred of dollars on that time.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
i heard it from my cousin and his girlfriend he discuss it to me and i got curious about Bitcoin. now i join BTC hope i can earn money from here .
The first time I heard about bitcoin was from my best friend. He made a big profit from bitcoin and I wanted to be like him. He helped me a lot, telling me specifically about bitcoin and how to make a profit from it.

My friend also told me about how much he profited from bitcoin. He introduced me to this forum and told me more about what bitcoin was. Through this forum, I found out more about bitcoin such as mining and trading. It surprised me so much because my friend earned so much over the past year, along with that I was amazed by how fast the price of bitcoin was increasing. He has and inspired me and this encouraged me to earn bitcoins as well.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
Reading through a number of these posts, I find it very interesting that the vast majority of people here on the forum found out about bitcoin either from friends or family.  Not too many people seem to be saying that they heard about it on the news first.  I'm a little surprised, as bitcoin became quite widely publicized back in 2013.  But I guess that goes to show how powerful word-of-mouth can be.

I admire those people that are able to know bitcoin way back on 2013 or even earlier because on that time I'm doing nothing in my life and I just keep on having fun with my pleasures. But good thing that I came to know bitcoin way back earlier 2015 and my friend has told me on how he's earning with bitcoin and I thought he's a crazy one because I never heard what bitcoin is but upon realizing bitcoin is real.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Reading through a number of these posts, I find it very interesting that the vast majority of people here on the forum found out about bitcoin either from friends or family.  Not too many people seem to be saying that they heard about it on the news first.  I'm a little surprised, as bitcoin became quite widely publicized back in 2013.  But I guess that goes to show how powerful word-of-mouth can be.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
During 2015 I heard from my friend That time I didn't show any interest towards Bitcoin. I regret now.I forget it. I met my old friend last month he once again introduce me Bitcoin and I decide not to miss this opportunity and now responding in this forum.
Pages:
Jump to: