Pages:
Author

Topic: Where to fix your Asic miners. - page 3. (Read 27857 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 6442
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
July 16, 2022, 06:58:11 AM
I think that a repair company should not accept an order, if they are unable to deliver it within a month.

Actually, the users have some leverage in this situation. We can contact the repair centers and ask them for the repair time, in addition to the quote, and they should (emphasis on should) be able to tell us the number of weeks it will take before they ship it back.

And if they give no answer at all, then its a red flag, because a serious mining repair org really ought to know this information.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1704
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
July 16, 2022, 06:05:27 AM
I think that a repair company should not accept an order, if they are unable to deliver it within a month.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
July 15, 2022, 03:04:24 PM
Update, the miners are finally repaired. Only took 11 months. But of course now they are almost worthless Sad

11 months to fix a miner is really unacceptable, the gear value has probably dropped by half at best, more like 60-70%, but I hope they arrive functioning so you can at least sell them for some price and recover the repair fees and maybe a bit of extra money on top.

Thank you for the updates.

Naw, I’m Jay but yes that’s us on the list.  Adam is a founding partner and general backoffice guy.

Thanks for introducing yourself, would be good if you can share some of the average prices the company charges to fix some gears, at least the popular ones, of course, if those are not confidential info.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
July 14, 2022, 02:44:16 PM
Hi, how was your experience in Canada with D-Central? i need to repair 7 antminer s17 +

They have the miners, but ETA for the repair is in November, so I won't know before then.

Cost to repair each miner is roughly what I paid for the miner in the first place.

Update, the miners are finally repaired. Only took 11 months. But of course now they are almost worthless Sad

Plus I don't really know if they are repaired, only that they say they are repaired, I trust them but a lot can happen between them shipping and me seeing them hashing again.

Will continue to update

Activity: 166
Merit: 82
EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert
July 08, 2022, 03:41:25 PM
Here at ASICMaster we are very excited to become a offical microBT service center. Our bread and butter is still s17s and s19s, that and repair training.
J

Are you Adam Krynski? or do you work for him? is this your address and contact?

Address: Asic Master LLC Repair DEPT 3231 S HALSTED ST. Unit 273 CHICAGO IL 60608 USA
Contact Information: +1 503 984 4777 | Email: [email protected]

Not trying to make life difficult for you, just need to confirm if you are the real Asic Master listed on Whatsminer's list.
Naw, I’m Jay but yes that’s us on the list.  Adam is a founding partner and general backoffice guy.

Sorry I didn’t reply to this sooner, I guess I should’ve signed up for notifications on this thread LOL. Working here has been an amazing experience, you guys have seen me around here for many years but it wasn’t until Adam brought Crypto Minor C&HR from the West Coast to Chicago that I got the training I needed to be successful. Now I’m the guy with the engineering background who takes the Engrish manuals and puts the info in to practice.

We actually do a lot of training here, we have our own classes but we also teach for Bitmain. I recently had the pleasure of being sent to Canada to train a large S19J Pro farm and can proudly state I(we) had 12 out of 12 passing students.  We do work closely with Whatsminer and just made agreement with Canaan! You can meet us in person if you’re in the Chicagoland area and will have a booth at Mining Disrupt 22.

Cues are long, which is distressful for all, let me tell you. My advice is to ask for priority service and demand a tech be assigned to your project personally(at a minimum get that tech’s email). Even better yet, if you have a large volume, Let us train you and get you through your first dozen boards(a minimum to go from trained to skilled).
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
June 13, 2022, 12:14:52 AM
Had a terrible experience with euronetsupport.
I'm not exactly sure if I got scammed or if they are just so bad.
They claim to be a "Bitmain Repair Center" in Palma, Spain.
I sent them an S17+ with one hash board not working and paid 520€. When I got it back the first time the same problem still remained. I sent it in a second time and got back a completely non-functional machine.
I sent it in a third time and got told the damage was done by my carrier and a new repair costs over 1000€, even though the first repair wasn't even done.
Activity: 18
Merit: 2
June 01, 2022, 09:35:47 AM
Shipping your mining gear back to China for repair isn't the best idea, shipping to and from China will cost a lot, or your miner could be "confiscated" by the manufacturer.

I thought there should be a list of good repair services that all miners can access locally based on their geographical location, this will ensure a cheaper shipping rate and a much faster repair process.

I will be updating the list regularly as information come by, if you have or know a repair service please share it here or send it to me via pm, I will try to do some basic research on all the services I list here, but you will deal with them at your own risk.

Inputs coming from trusted members of the mining community in Bitcointalk will be very helpful.

United States

Service: https://www.hmtech.co/services/
Prices: $150 for basic repairs - $300 for advanced (Based on my years of mining, most issues are basic)
City/State: North Carolina
First Mention by: philipma1957

Service: Bitmain Repair Service
City/State: NASHUA, NH
Address and more info: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/bitmain-announces-new-repair-site-in-new-hampshire-usa-to-support-more-customers/

Service: Myrig
City/State: Denver, Colorado
More info : https://service.myrig.com/

** There was a negative review on Myrig, there are mixed reviews on this service, some clients are happy with their services, others are not, there are no "direct scam" reports against "myrig", but some members mentioned that they had to wait for months to get a reply from them, please read the reviews and decide for yourself.

Europe

-https://www.zeusbtc.com/Repair.asp
-Located in (The Netherlands and Georgia)

While ZeusBtc is a trusted company with a great reputation, the repair centers displayed on their home page are not owned by them.

Quote from: //www.zeusbtc.com/Repair.asp
Attention: The miner repair points shown on the map below are independent individuals. This site only offers a free display. Please contact the maintenance point for specific matters. If there is any dispute, please resolve it by negotiation. Any consequences will not be related to this site.

It's unlikely that someone will go to this extremes measure to scam, also since these providers are nearby, it would make sense that you could actually visit them in real life to confirm their integrity, while I wouldn't blindly trust them, I believe they are likely legit, but you MUST dyor.

** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS/DELAY YOU MAY ENCOUNTER USING ANY OF THE SERVICES LISTED ABOVE, THIS TOPIC IS MAINTAIN FREELY AND BASED ON THE COMMUNITY REVIEWS, TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK**.

Marked, it seems very helpful, thanks.
legendary
May 23, 2022, 06:10:06 PM
Here at ASICMaster we are very excited to become a offical microBT service center. Our bread and butter is still s17s and s19s, that and repair training.
J

Are you Adam Krynski? or do you work for him? is this your address and contact?

Address: Asic Master LLC Repair DEPT 3231 S HALSTED ST. Unit 273 CHICAGO IL 60608 USA

Not trying to make life difficult for you, just need to confirm if you are the real Asic Master listed on Whatsminer's list.
Activity: 166
Merit: 82
EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert
May 22, 2022, 12:16:27 AM
J
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
May 21, 2022, 03:00:30 PM
any ideas where to fix some S17 in central europe?
legendary
April 29, 2022, 12:35:43 AM
Someone who works with an official MicroBT distributor sent me a nice list that I wouldn't find otherwise.

Service center information
USA - Illinois Official Authorized Repair Center
Name: Adam Krynski
USA - Texas Official Authorized Repair Center
Address: Advanced Crypto Services LLC Repair DEPT 1520 Navo RD C4 Aubrey, TX 76227 USA
Name: James Scaggs
Contact Information: +1 972 703 4080 | Email: [email protected]
USA - North Carolina Official Authorized Repair Center
Address: HMTech LLC REPAIR DEPT 426 S Maple St Graham, NC 27253 USA
Name: Kalen
Contact Information: +1 919 283 2715 | Email: [email protected]
Canada - Montreal Official Authorized Repair Center
Address: 1495 Rue Principale, Saint-Gilles, QC G0S 2P0, Canada;
Name: Guangming Jin
Contact Information: +1 418 325 8815 | Email: [email protected]
Canada - Alberta Official Authorized Repair Center
Address: 5254 Box Springs Road NW, Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, T1C 0C8;
Name: Pieter Hak
Contact Information: +1 403 878 7523 | Email: [email protected]
Canada - Prairie Provinces Official Authorized Repair Center
Address: Bithouse Technicial Services Inc. Repair DEPT 12100 EWING AVE UNIT B10, Regina, SK, S4M0A1, Canada
Name: Alfred / Bin Lou
Contact Information: +1 236 990 1886 / +1 306 580 5991 | [email protected]
Kazakhstan - Almaty Official Authorized Repair Center
Address: Karasay district, Almaty region, Yegemendyk Street 48V;
Name: Kurysh Daryn
Contact Information: +7 707 286 6881 | Email: [email protected]
Kazakhstan - Ekibastuz Official Authorized Repair Center
Address: Republic of Kazakhstan, 141200, city of Ekibastuz Quadrant 54, land plot 19, Enegix-service LLP
Name: Imangaliyev Nurtay
Contact Information: +7 702 591 0059 | Email: [email protected]

This list can also be found on whatsminer's website > https://www.whatsminer.com/src/views/afterSalesPointInquiry.html

I think some of those guys might also fix Bitmain gears, we know at least (HMTech) which is listed here already does that, not sure about the rest.
Activity: 81
April 26, 2022, 08:52:21 AM
Hi! Oh, I had the same question. Now I understand what to do!
legendary
April 06, 2022, 12:40:21 AM
I found a guy in New Jersey/Long Island NY
He is a member here.
I think  he could be good.
and I drove to his shop to give him 2 dead s17 boards.

Great, mintrip seems like a trustworthy member here, also since you handed him the hash boards in person then at least we know for sure he is legit, the only thing left is whether he (alone or in a team) can actually fix these miners in a timely manner and as promised, and since I trust your judgment, I will leave it up to you, if you think I should include his service in the OP or wait for your review, just let me know.

Activity: 1
March 25, 2022, 06:42:47 PM
Quick warning for those considering sending to D-Central (Quebec, Canada) for repairs. I originally sent 2 boards off to them in June 2021. Received them both back 1 was sufficiently repaired and the other had same issues (unable to detect asic chips and temperature sensors). I sent it back to them as a warrenty repair. Received it back in October 2021 with heatsinks falling off. So I sent it back for a third time. This time it took 5 months for them to respond to me saying they recommended heatsink upgrade which I told them to do if the board is in good repair. Yesterday I received the board with fancy new heatsinks and low and behold same issues as from June 2021 regarding  [2022/03/25 07:50:42] ERROR: driver-btm-chain.c:488 chain[2] - Failed to detect ASIC chips and/or [2022/03/25 07:49:35] ERROR: driver-btm-base.c:677 chain[0] - Failed to init temp sensors.

Their first and only reply was that this was a Eeprom flash issue and they want me to send the whole unit back to them. I run braiins and/or vnish so its clearly not that. Ill update this if they get back to me for now ive probably sunk 700$ cad in shipping and repair costs and 8-9 months of hashing time for this single board with no resolution. Good luck out there.
Activity: 4
March 25, 2022, 01:23:52 PM
There is an upcoming company called Alpha Asic Repair in America that has a quick turn rate. They're info is actually on the zeusbtc site.

https://www.zeusbtc.com/RepairCenter/USA/39-alpha-asic-repair-llc?msclkid=26ccf8d1ac6011ec93a48981dd499ada

legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 7391
'The right to privacy matters'
March 24, 2022, 10:00:13 AM
I found a guy in New Jersey/Long Island NY

He is a member here.

mindtrip

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/mindtrip-235982

He fixes all bitmain 17 models and bitmain 19 models

Here is his website.

https://vmssecuritycloud.com

I think  he could be good.

So far I purchased 2 repaired s17 pros

and I drove to his shop to give him 2 dead s17 boards.

I have 9 dead boards going to get them all fixed 2 at a time.
copper member
Activity: 45
Merit: 3
March 20, 2022, 04:42:56 AM
Hello Everyone! Could somebody advise any repair contacts in Lithuania? thank you.
Activity: 4
March 16, 2022, 02:29:20 AM
I have tried to contact the zeusbtc facility in Europe many times but no answer... Anyone with direct contact with them?

I am even thinking of becoming a repair centre in Euripe tbh... I know many people looking to fixe their miners Undecided
legendary
March 15, 2022, 04:22:43 PM
I am not sure why you think I have anything against you or your company, you were probably the first company I listed, I merited your previous post for the efforts and to help you rank up to bypass the post limit.

The goal of this topic was and still is to connect people with dead miners to people who fix them, but that does not mean I should not talk about some companies that have 6 months delay, but again, if you are not happy reading the negative reviews here, either improve your performance or create your own topic.
Activity: 13
March 15, 2022, 02:19:49 PM
You assume so much when you talk that it is impossible to take you seriously. There are actual real issues going on right now that I don't have time to argue with you where our servers are located I am just trying to relay the message to anyone trying to contact us.

I am not assuming anything, scroll back and read the comments, people reported up to 6 months delay using your service, and no, this is not a "right now" issue, it has been going on since last year long before the war.

Bro you are so eager to prove me wrong that you are not even reading what I am saying. Look at what I posted "(This only refers to anyone that has tried to contact us in the last few weeks.)". Am I referring to something from 6 months ago? No I am just trying to relay the message for the CURRENT situation but apparently that is impossible to do on this forum without getting trolled.

I personally would not touch your company with a wooden pile, however, I can not stop people from using your service, but at least, they should know what to expect when they send you a mining gear to fix.

Yes we all know your opinion on myrig. Luckily for us it doesn't stop anything since people can see through the bias. I think you are also not realizing that once we got backlogged we were telling customers that it was going to be a minimum of 6 weeks before we even looked at it and that is the customers CHOICE if they want to send it in and wait that long. Also at any time customers can log into their account and see the status of each part since we inventory every item separately down to the fans so even if they cannot get a hold of us instantly they are still able to see what is going on with the repair. Sometimes things take longer than expected and anyone that has actually dealt with the 17 series would agree that it takes much further testing than miners in the past if you want to guarantee a working miner for more than a day. I do not work on the customer service side but I do know I am by far one the best at repairing miners in the US so as long as I am working with MYRIG then they will always be one of the best options for repair.
Pages:
Jump to: