Pages:
Author

Topic: Where to fix your Asic miners. - page 7. (Read 27710 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 1783
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 04, 2021, 02:13:24 AM
Just shipped off an S17+ 73 to NH today (Fri).
My first dealing with the new authorized Bitmain service location.
Www.Greatvoyage.com
Email communication so far has been good.
They should receive it Wed.
I'll update with results
Well for once this looks like a valid site - since Bitmain lists them on their blog:
https://blog.bitmain.com/en/bitmain-announces-new-repair-site-in-new-hampshire-usa-to-support-more-customers/
Activity: 414
Merit: 182
September 03, 2021, 09:00:10 PM
Just shipped off an S17+ 73 to NH today (Fri).
My first dealing with the new authorized Bitmain service location.
Www.Greatvoyage.com
Email communication so far has been good.
They should receive it Wed.
I'll update with results
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 03, 2021, 12:37:22 PM
Any repair center out there that repairs Innosilicon T3s?  I have some with bad hashbooards that needs repair.  Let me know.  Thx.
Activity: 55
Merit: 4
August 30, 2021, 08:33:36 PM
I had 7 chips replaced. And thermal reflow service.

$270 total

Took about 10 days total. Might be off a day or so. She is working just fine. I've only had her back for 8 hours though. I'll report back if there is an issue.

I'd give the service 9.5 out 10

Superb in almost every way

Only criticism I have is I didn't get the return tracking # quickly. I got it today, which is the same day I received. Had to of mailed it the same day I paid.

9.5 out of 10
Activity: 68
Merit: 40
August 30, 2021, 04:18:35 PM
I had a S17+ repaired by Core Scientific

I recommend them. Works great. Needed 7 new chips installed. Great experience and very professional.

I had the opposite experience with Core Scientific. S17pro went in limping and came out of their facility much worse. Add insult to injury, it took over two months, when it was returned a heat sink was loose inside the box, and under a stereo microscope, one side of the PIC chip wasn't even touching it's pads after I assume they reflowed (had to resolder this myself and still doesn't work). The first diagnosis was all temp sensors were bad at a quote for $400 to a PIC, Boost circuit, some temp. sensors were bad on two boards - that were then deemed "unrepairable", $129. From my experience, there is one point of contact there - he is knowledgeable and professional when you are able to talk to him. As of Nov. 2020 they had 6 techs. there.  

Repair Initiation: A
Diagnosis: D
Customer Service while in repair: B
Actual Repairs: F
Pricing: B

Activity: 55
Merit: 4
August 30, 2021, 03:27:02 PM
I had a S17+ repaired by Core Scientific

I recommend them. Works great. Needed 7 new chips installed. Great experience and very professional.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
August 27, 2021, 09:04:48 PM
So I have another unit down a board.  Looking for repair locations again.  Got a response from Myrig with a ticket # and shipping address.  I searched the address... and it's a UPS store. I'm hesitant 

I honestly think nobody should deal with Myrig for now until they sort these delays and slow response issues (read OP), however, it's normal for the address to be like that, UPS offers "Store mailbox services", which is just another way of saying a PO Box with a full address, so it looks like Myrig are trying to hide their workshop address for some reason, that alone isn't something that will raise a big flag for me, but the other reasons mentioned above are pretty serious.
Activity: 414
Merit: 182
August 27, 2021, 08:51:46 PM
So I have another unit down a board.  Looking for repair locations again.  Got a response from Myrig with a ticket # and shipping address.  I searched the address... and it's a UPS store. I'm hesitant 
Activity: 34
Merit: 60
August 22, 2021, 10:51:15 PM
I have used HMTech successfully a couple months ago.
In short I would recommend as trustworthy in the US

They warned of a large backlog then and they require you to send the whole unit in to "be in line", and it took well over a month then as they warned me before.
They repaired 2 of 3 boards on an S17 Pro. They were unable to repair one of the boards.
Overall, they did what they promised at rates listed.

Unit did have one of their replaced chip's heatsinks come loose as I was re-assigning boards into other S17 Units. I was able to re-secure (with my limited skill).The repaired boards have been running fine since. I suspect they would have addressed had I contacted but I didn't want to gave to send it in again.
I would use again, unless I can find a faster service or a service that notifies you to send in unit say the week before it's "turn"

However, I can confirm they told me just a few days ago when inquiring about another repair, they are Not accepting new customers at this time with less than 25 units due to backlog. They will accept single units from past customers.

Activity: 123
Merit: 21
August 17, 2021, 03:52:15 PM
Is myrig.com good? Im still searching Sad
They have repaired 2 of my S17's this year. Both were returned and are in good working order.

They are slow in responding to messages, but they do get around to it eventually.
Activity: 13
Merit: 2
August 16, 2021, 01:58:53 PM

Yes myrig is good. The complaint on here is that we did not answer the phone during the week of 7/21. Which is true we were closed for a few days due to electrical maintenance.
If you have any questions about repair you can email me at [email protected].
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
August 15, 2021, 06:50:26 PM
Activity: 3
August 12, 2021, 03:04:07 PM

On your FB page you say

We offer dedicated repair technicians with over 10 years of mining and repair experience.

These are serious claims that need serious proof, I can't possibly add your service to the list with little to no information that I know about you, can anyone vouch from you? if not from this forum, have you done any deals with known people on major telegram mining groups? as it stands right now, you don't seem to be trustworthy, given the number of scams you should understand why everyone here would be skeptical.

Thank you all for your feedback. We are going to take this feedback and update our website to be more defined and transparent. With all of the scams I understand your cautioned approach to our company. Mainly we have been only open to large mining clients and just now opening to individual miners. Hence the lack of information. I agree our current website design is flawed. Please check back for updates within the next week or so and any additional feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

A. Petty
Alpha Asic Repair
877-998-7677
http://www.alphaasicrepair.com
Activity: 13
Merit: 2
July 29, 2021, 06:25:10 PM
Ok, MyRig just got back to me on telegram today after I messaged them on July 21.  That seems to be the best way to reach them.  At least they say they are working on my miner.  Fingers crossed.

I also should be getting another miner back from repair from Core Scientific.  They have a repair center in Dalton, GA, USA.  It was $300 for a APW9 PS, $18.60 for a fan, $70 for 2 hrs labor ($35/hr), and $28.80 for 3 asics ($9.60 a piece).  I'll let everyone know when I get the miner plugged back into the hive.

Please email me at [email protected] and I will make sure your issue is resolved asap.
Activity: 8
July 29, 2021, 05:12:39 PM

And we are considering buying the "new" bitmain Antminer S19J.

How is your experience with the lifespan of the latter? Wink

I've had 2 S19 95's and 4 T19's in service since February.  Haven't broken one yet but they can be touchy like all the rest.  I think the larger fans for the PS will help when compared to the 17 series.  They are very sensitive to network or power disruptions but a reboot has fixed them every time so far.  All miners are a pain in the ass at times, but so far these seem slightly better then the 17's.  Nothing beats my S11's though...never repaired and still chugging along after 2.5 years.
July 29, 2021, 05:05:47 PM
Ok, MyRig just got back to me on telegram today after I messaged them on July 21.  That seems to be the best way to reach them.  At least they say they are working on my miner.  Fingers crossed.

I also should be getting another miner back from repair from Core Scientific.  They have a repair center in Dalton, GA, USA.  It was $300 for a APW9 PS, $18.60 for a fan, $70 for 2 hrs labor ($35/hr), and $28.80 for 3 asics ($9.60 a piece).  I'll let everyone know when I get the miner plugged back into the hive.
Activity: 1
July 28, 2021, 08:52:22 AM
Does anyone know where you can repair miners in the Netherlands?

We have some old dayun z1+'s.

And we are considering buying the "new" bitmain Antminer S19J.

How is your experience with the lifespan of the latter? Wink
Activity: 7
July 27, 2021, 02:44:42 PM
Hi all,

I'm located in Portugal and I'm also having a hard time getting in touch with any repair center. They simply don't reply back to my calls or emails.

So far I've emailed:

asicminerspain.com
euronetservices.es
miningwholesale.eu (They did replied 3 days latter but they only buy miners and don't do repairs)
zeusbtc.com (They did also replied to say " ZeusMining does not provide maintenance services outside of China for the time being)
IT SERV  - (A France repair center listed at ZeusMining. phone doens't work and no email reply for 3 days now.)

I'm a bit frustrated here...
Activity: 123
Merit: 21
July 25, 2021, 04:55:58 AM
Thanks Yrth.  Yes I've been emailing them at [email protected].  I have an active ticket in their system but it's been the same status since July 9 and I haven't seen any updates since.  How long does it usually take for them to get back to you?  I've called+1 720 744 3090 numerous times only to have it ring and ring with no answering service.  Is their another number I can try?
I have only had to use them twice, and only one time recently. It took them about 2 1/2 weeks to diagnose and repair my miner. I would think that how long it takes would depend on how busy they are. My ticket's status did not change until it was repaired and they sent me a bill for the repairs and return shipping. They shipped it within a couple of days once I paid. See my posts on the previous page about my experience with them.

They have always responded to emails with me within 1~3 days. I have never tried calling them.
July 24, 2021, 07:47:40 AM
I have had some response from them about 4 days ago to emails about another miner i sent in for repair. I sent email to [email protected] and the response came from the same address. Also received the repair ticket notification 2 days ago.
You might be trying an old number, I would try emailing them

Also, i notified that Myrig email alias of the complaint posted here and encouraged them to respond.

Thanks Yrth.  Yes I've been emailing them at [email protected].  I have an active ticket in their system but it's been the same status since July 9 and I haven't seen any updates since.  How long does it usually take for them to get back to you?  I've called+1 720 744 3090 numerous times only to have it ring and ring with no answering service.  Is their another number I can try?
Pages:
Jump to: