Pages:
Author

Topic: Where to fix your Asic miners. - page 6. (Read 32465 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 1783
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
October 13, 2021, 08:54:51 AM
Does anyone know where I can send 1 S17+ hash board
The issue is with the heat sinks, you have to treat it like fine glass when you pack the board on it's own.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 13, 2021, 06:18:49 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can send 1 S17+ hash board to repair in Europe?

Or maybe someone here can repair it?

I saw some people talking about zeusbtc but I'm not sure if they are legit.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and best regards.
Activity: 1
Merit: 4
October 04, 2021, 11:07:25 AM
Wish I found this thread earlier. Foolishly I sent a couple cards from my t17e to ASICREPAIRSUS, which is really just a thieving fraud douche named Aaron Kyle. "Communication" was great at first while he was smooth talking me into sending him the boards, promising a three week turnaround. The minute he got them however all communication broke off. After a month of no communication I'm assuming I've been scammed. I'll gladly post an update if there is a change but I'm not expecting there to be one because decent people don't behave like that. Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone was thinking about making the same mistake I did. MINER BEWARE OF ASICREPAIRUS and Aaron Kyle!

For reference his address is:

705 Franklin Street,
Greeneville TN 37745

No phone number of course because he is illegitimate
Activity: 4
October 01, 2021, 03:44:22 PM

I sent an S17E to great voyage.  First they return shipped to the wrong address, they forgot the last digit of my address, so the address didnt exist.  It ended up getting shipped back to them and then they left it sitting in their warehouse for a week before shipping it again.  Then when i received the machine, it was in worse condition.  When I sent it in, 2 of the 3 hashboards were working.   after their "repair"  the machine would not boot at all into the operating system.  Pressing the IP Config button would not work, i could not get IP Reporter to detect an IP.  and the lights on the back were solid red and green.  Not to mention, the heatsink that had fallen off, was still lose!

I just shipped that machine to MYRIG in denver colorado.  Ive already accepted that this machine is a total loss, but if myrig fixes it, I have 4 more machines that need repair that I will send.  Since they have 2/3 hashboards working, I do not want to unplug them and risk shipping them to come back in worse condition.  

I updated in a different thread, but wanted to post here too.  long story short, i am very pleased with myrig.com.  they fixed my machine, the price wasnt outrageous, and the time it took was acceptable
Activity: 414
Merit: 182
October 01, 2021, 09:33:39 AM
Just shipped off an S17+ 73 to NH today (Fri).
My first dealing with the new authorized Bitmain service location.
Www.Greatvoyage.com
Email communication so far has been good.
They should receive it Wed.
I'll update with results

Was just notified today that upon initial testing, they found two boards with more than 5 bad chips on them. Thus, they cannot repair the miner and will be shipping it back to me.

That's sad to hear, after almost 20 days since they received the miner, and they can't fix it! why can't they fix 5 chips, I don't think that's a good enough reason, if they can fix one they can fix 5 or 6 or even 10 no? based on what I know, identifying the bad chips takes more time and effort than actually replacing them, so if they really got to that point, why stop?

Is it because they don't have both BM1397AG and BM1397AD?

I think it's because their repair price of $150/board includes up to 5 chips. And this exceeds 5... and once 5 chips is exceeded, it would be more practical to change the entire board.

Let me copy n paste their email:
"Sorry for late reply.
Your miner (SN#:deleted) took the initial test. Two hash boards is not good. Both boards have over 5 bad chips which is unrepairable situation.
So we consider shipping your miner back to you. we'll send you the payment invoice for shipping. After we got the payment, we'll arrange shipping."
"Most of the chips on the boards are at the end of their working life. $150 cannot cover over 5 new chips price. The cost for replace all the bad chips may be enough for a new hash board!!
So over 5 bad chips is identify unrepairable. "

Update. 10/2/21.    Got the miner back today via FedEx.   Worse shape than when I sent it.  Took the miner out of the box and I'd have to guess about 20 heat sinks came loose.  Sounds like a box of marbles in there.  Not even gonna bother trying to plug it in.  Was running on 2/3 boards when I shipped it, Now I have a brick.

Update. 10/12/21.    I sold the miner as-is inoperable to a guy in CO.  Learned he has a miner repair business, so buying broken miners is a side hobby. He received the miner today, inspected it and gave me a call. He thought I'd want to know... he said two boards have definitely been "messed with."  He said some chips were replaced, but heat sinks weren't attached to those chips. (Not the "we can't fix it so we'll send it back" situation they told me).  He believes GreatVoyage did one of two things..... Either they, 1. Started changing out chips and gave up mid-repair, or 2. (More likely). They took two of my good boards and pulled the old switcharoo, putting two bad boards into my machine and sending it back.
   Considering they are an "authorized" Bitmain repair location, would they get more money doing a warranty repair for Bitmain, or a $150 from independent little me? 

Remember, I sent this one unit off......with zero loose heat sinks, and the only error I was seeing was it failing to detect one temp sensor.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
September 30, 2021, 05:13:50 PM
Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results

Was just notified today that upon initial testing, they found two boards with more than 5 bad chips on them. Thus, they cannot repair the miner and will be shipping it back to me.

That's sad to hear, after almost 20 days since they received the miner, and they can't fix it! why can't they fix 5 chips, I don't think that's a good enough reason, if they can fix one they can fix 5 or 6 or even 10 no? based on what I know, identifying the bad chips takes more time and effort than actually replacing them, so if they really got to that point, why stop?

Is it because they don't have both BM1397AG and BM1397AD?
September 29, 2021, 05:37:07 PM
Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
September 26, 2021, 05:33:36 AM
Hi, how was your experience in Canada with D-Central? i need to repair 7 antminer s17 +

They have the miners, but ETA for the repair is in November, so I won't know before then.

Cost to repair each miner is roughly what I paid for the miner in the first place.
Activity: 55
September 21, 2021, 02:32:00 PM
Update

Last night s17+ turned off. Only hashing on 2 chains instead of 3 now. Emailed Core to see if I need to send it back or what to do. Will report back. I can get 50 tH out of it for the time being. Sounds like this is a common issues with the s17 series. Super frustrating.

It would be great to know how this is handled. 'After the repair' policy is something that is muddy at best, if at all.

Still no response

Not good

Update. Forget it, it was a fluke.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 20, 2021, 01:50:25 PM
Hi, how was your experience in Canada with D-Central? i need to repair 7 antminer s17 +
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
September 17, 2021, 08:46:35 AM
I'm starting the process to send some broken boards from 17 series miners to a repair place in Canada, I'll keep you posted how it goes.

I'm looking for somewhere in Canada as well.  Can you send me details of who you are using and any info on how it's going?

Still waiting to send stuff off, am reluctant to recommend unless I have direct experience.

Well its been a while, but I finally managed to get two S17+ machines shipped to D-Central in Canada.

Have the repair quote back, I guess its to do with the inflationary costs of bitcoin in general that the price to repair a S17+ is roughly the price it cost me to buy it directly from Bitmain in January 2020!

I'll get them repaired, they should re-roi in 3 months

September 13, 2021, 07:00:17 PM
Update

Last night s17+ turned off. Only hashing on 2 chains instead of 3 now. Emailed Core to see if I need to send it back or what to do. Will report back. I can get 50 tH out of it for the time being. Sounds like this is a common issues with the s17 series. Super frustrating.

It would be great to know how this is handled. 'After the repair' policy is something that is muddy at best, if at all.

Still no response

Not good
Activity: 529
Merit: 29
September 13, 2021, 01:21:09 PM

About Alpha Asic repair, I sent them 8 units to repair (S17/T17E/T17). They were able to repair 5 of them, average cost $450 per miner (almost all boards needed some repair). Communication and turn around time was very quick. I would highly recommend them if anyone wants to try.

Have also sent few units to MyRig, got inital diagnosis, now waiting for repair.
legendary
September 07, 2021, 11:29:28 PM
I sent an S17E to great voyage.  First they return shipped to the wrong address, they forgot the last digit of my address, so the address didnt exist.  It ended up getting shipped back to them and then they left it sitting in their warehouse for a week before shipping it again.  Then when i received the machine, it was in worse condition.  When I sent it in, 2 of the 3 hashboards were working.   after their "repair"  the machine would not boot at all into the operating system.  Pressing the IP Config button would not work, i could not get IP Reporter to detect an IP.  and the lights on the back were solid red and green.  Not to mention, the heatsink that had fallen off, was still lose!

I just shipped that machine to MYRIG in denver colorado.  Ive already accepted that this machine is a total loss, but if myrig fixes it, I have 4 more machines that need repair that I will send.  Since they have 2/3 hashboards working, I do not want to unplug them and risk shipping them to come back in worse condition.  

The IP config button, in a nutshell, does exactly "nothing".

My guess is that they had it set on static IP on a different subject than yours, probably all you had to do was to reset the miner using one of the few methods available, the most effective would be Sdcarding the machine, but hey, even if that was the case this is still a terrible service, let alone the shipping issues you mentioned.

But why would you send a working miner for repair? just unplug the bad hashboard and send it, why risk 2 working hashboards and waste potential earnings? it's pretty easy to take them apart, if the repair service insists on sending the whole miner with an excuse that they don't have the control board and PSU required to test the dead board, you are probably better off not sending it to them in the first place.
Activity: 4
September 07, 2021, 08:14:28 PM
Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results

legendary
September 07, 2021, 07:33:22 PM

That is a huge problem honestly, I don't know how these repair services handle this thing when it comes to Bitmain's 17 series, these gears are of very low quality, it will be hard to offer any sort of warranty given that fact that another chip might just fall/burn in just a few hours post-repair, they could tell you that if the same chip which they repaired fails again they will fix it for free but then who will handle the shipping cost and all the other expenses?

As they say "The devil is in the detail", and therefore, before shipping any gear for repair one must ask all these questions.
September 07, 2021, 05:00:57 PM
I'll report back in a few days. No response today
Activity: 68
Merit: 40
September 07, 2021, 04:41:38 PM
Update

September 05, 2021, 01:46:18 PM
I had a S17+ repaired by Core Scientific

I recommend them. Works great. Needed 7 new chips installed. Great experience and very professional.

I had the opposite experience with Core Scientific. S17pro went in limping and came out of their facility much worse. Add insult to injury, it took over two months, when it was returned a heat sink was loose inside the box, and under a stereo microscope, one side of the PIC chip wasn't even touching it's pads after I assume they reflowed (had to resolder this myself and still doesn't work). The first diagnosis was all temp sensors were bad at a quote for $400 to a PIC, Boost circuit, some temp. sensors were bad on two boards - that were then deemed "unrepairable", $129. From my experience, there is one point of contact there - he is knowledgeable and professional when you are able to talk to him. As of Nov. 2020 they had 6 techs. there.  

Repair Initiation: A
Diagnosis: D
Customer Service while in repair: B
Actual Repairs: F
Pricing: B

Update

September 04, 2021, 07:21:57 AM
Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results
Well for once this looks like a valid site - since Bitmain lists them on their blog:
https://blog.bitmain.com/en/bitmain-announces-new-repair-site-in-new-hampshire-usa-to-support-more-customers/

Yes sir, as is stated in post #1
Pages:
Jump to: