Pages:
Author

Topic: Where to fix your Asic miners. - page 9. (Read 32194 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
May 10, 2021, 02:37:42 AM
I don't understand why there is no good repair service. There are so many who have broken devices and want to repair them

A few months ago, these miners were kind of cheap, most weren't really worth fixing, for example, S9 was sold for under $50, which means each hash board was worth about $15 when you include PSU and control board in your math, today that same $15 hash board costs $300 to get, it makes a lot more sense to repair it, even for say 50-100$.

The sudden surge in prices created high demand on repair service, this wouldn't be the case if bitcoin price was still trading under 10k, also I think many people understand this demand is temporary so expanding or starting a new repair business might not be very smart and thus the supply of these services remains constant to a certain degree.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
May 05, 2021, 10:16:34 PM
I don't understand why there is no good repair service. There are so many who have broken devices and want to repair them
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
May 03, 2021, 12:20:49 PM
Cool. It would be interesting to know if Myrig is still alive even though they had some huge issues when they got involved with Halong Mining and the Dragonmint miners (the worst miner manufacturer story ever, they were even born as the worst... ).
Activity: 123
Merit: 21
May 03, 2021, 02:41:45 AM
Any update?  I have one unit in need of a temp sensor error repair on one board
They received the miner. They uploaded info on boards in need of repair the day after it was received at their facility.

I am waiting to hear if the repairs were successful and completed. So far, it seems, it is moving forward. But I have no conclusive proof yet. Will update when I receive a notice that they have completed repairs.
Activity: 414
Merit: 182
May 02, 2021, 07:03:33 PM
I  have used myrig in the past to repair an R4 with a bad board.
I just contacted them again to repair a faulty S17. They did respond and gave me a repair ticket#. Also their ship to address is the same as the last time I used them.
I will report back on my experience with them.

Any update?  I have one unit in need of a temp sensor error repair on one board
Activity: 123
Merit: 21
April 07, 2021, 05:15:16 PM
I would add https://service.myrig.com/ to the list if someone I trust can vouch for them, NFW I do trust your judgment but since you mentioned that you used them "long long ago" things could have changed, and the quoted post below makes me doubt they are still as good as they used to be:

Thank you for the follow up.  I sent them an email over the weekend, but I have yet to hear back.  I tried called the USA number you listed, but it has been disconnected.  I was going to reach out to their user here on Bitcoin Forum, but they do not accept messages from Newbies unfortunately.

Their account was last active on "March 06, 2019, 09:42:34 PM".

Can someone in the U.S reach out to them to the new phone number they have on their website ( a different one from the one posted above which is disconnected) to see if they still offer repairs?

This number +1 720 744 30 90
I have used myrig in the past to repair an R4 with a bad board.
I just contacted them again to repair a faulty S17. They did respond and gave me a repair ticket#. Also their ship to address is the same as the last time I used them.
I will report back on my experience with them.
legendary
April 03, 2021, 10:19:02 PM
I sent a payment of approx $800 to ZeusBTC almost a month ago for parts, with quoted ship time of 3-6 days and still not received the goods, so may be a scam - not looking good :\

I believe ship time is the time it takes for them to prepare the stuff and send it out, after that you should get a tracking number and how fast you receive it will vary on a few things.

I don't know the exact details of your order, I don't work for Zeusbtc nor am I related to them but I am pretty sure they won't be scamming you, it's probably a bad staff management they either forgot to ship you the goods or they did but they forgot to send you the tracking id,  but nonetheless, don't worry.

On a side but related note, I just sent a private message to their support team as well as the company owner himself, they should be contacting you soon.
Activity: 201
Merit: 404
April 03, 2021, 03:48:32 PM
I have tried to contact the zeusbtc facility in Europe many times but no answer... Anyone with direct contact with them?

I am even thinking of becoming a repair centre in Euripe tbh... I know many people looking to fixe their miners Undecided

I sent a payment of approx $800 to ZeusBTC almost a month ago for parts, with quoted ship time of 3-6 days and still not received the goods, so may be a scam - not looking good :\
legendary
April 03, 2021, 02:23:30 PM
I'm starting the process to send some broken boards from 17 series miners to a repair place in Canada, I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Thanks.

Forum user lightfoot has also done board repairs for a long time. Maybe he could also be listed here if he agreeds?

If you can vouch for him and he agrees to be listed, I would certainly love to add him to the list.
Activity: 28
Merit: 14
April 03, 2021, 12:46:38 PM
I have tried to contact the zeusbtc facility in Europe many times but no answer... Anyone with direct contact with them?

I am even thinking of becoming a repair centre in Euripe tbh... I know many people looking to fixe their miners Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
April 02, 2021, 07:52:57 AM
Forum user lightfoot has also done board repairs for a long time. Maybe he could also be listed here if he agreeds?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
March 31, 2021, 06:47:50 AM
I'm starting the process to send some broken boards from 17 series miners to a repair place in Canada, I'll keep you posted how it goes.
legendary
March 30, 2021, 07:36:50 PM
@MinerMEDIC, you don't seem like the kind of a person who would go through all this just to scam someone for a broken miner, judging by your post history you also seem to have some solid knowledge in the mining field, however, I still need to see someone trusted to vouch for you so I can add you to the list.

With that being said, feel free to keep your post here for now.
Activity: 166
Merit: 82
EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert
March 30, 2021, 12:28:33 PM
Fanatic26 gave me my first big break, he should say I'm knowledgeable and honest. I was able to do some great research because of it, a couple of the other old timers should remember that and attest to my competency too. You can see some of my contributions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31666733.

Life took me in a different direction shortly after so i can't say I have any customer referrals to speak of. There is one promise I've always bee able to follow through on, regardless of diagnosis or outcome, customer property is returned upon request or completion.

At this time I can only test complete S15,S17,S19s( I do have PWSs). Its even OK if you want to send a unit full of dead hashboards or just populated with one dead one. Finally,  can look at your power supply, no problem!

A PM is a great way to reach me.
Activity: 8
Merit: 1
March 30, 2021, 09:45:45 AM
That's great MinerMEDIC.  Can anyone here vouch for you?  I have a few S17/T17's that need repairs.  Do you also repair their PS since they are dead too?  What's the best way for us to talk?  Thanks.
Activity: 166
Merit: 82
EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert
March 29, 2021, 05:23:03 PM
I'm going to start repairing machines again. I can diagnose and fix S9 hash boards. I did the research and started doing that in 2017 but then life took an unexpected turn and I stopped. I see there's a lot more material available now including the factory diagnostic machines. I'm really interested to see how much of that knowledge and experience carries over to the S17s and S19s.

Read original advert here...https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26166421
Activity: 544
Merit: 589
March 16, 2021, 03:43:22 PM
Just talked to someone at the Bitmain New Hampshire repair site. The guy there told me they are only doing in-warranty repairs at the moment because they have too big of a backlog.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2490
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 16, 2021, 08:41:30 AM
I agree 100% which is why I pointed out that it was a long time ago I used them. Once concern over the years since then is that MyRig was a distributor of the Halong Dragonmints which was quite the shit show.
legendary
March 15, 2021, 10:25:07 PM
I would add https://service.myrig.com/ to the list if someone I trust can vouch for them, NFW I do trust your judgment but since you mentioned that you used them "long long ago" things could have changed, and the quoted post below makes me doubt they are still as good as they used to be:

Thank you for the follow up.  I sent them an email over the weekend, but I have yet to hear back.  I tried called the USA number you listed, but it has been disconnected.  I was going to reach out to their user here on Bitcoin Forum, but they do not accept messages from Newbies unfortunately.

Their account was last active on "March 06, 2019, 09:42:34 PM".

Can someone in the U.S reach out to them to the new phone number they have on their website ( a different one from the one posted above which is disconnected) to see if they still offer repairs?

This number +1 720 744 30 90
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2490
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 15, 2021, 11:19:34 AM
MyRig is not Russian. It started out at the Colorado location as a Bitmain Ant farm around 2014. It is (or was) ran by Yoshi and at one time was a Bitmain distributor for North America.
I used them long long ago for repairing s7's and a couple of my s9's from batch 8 & 10. At least back then they did very good work .
Pages:
Jump to: