Author

Topic: Whitelist Requests (Want out of here?) - page 109. (Read 474339 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Been lurking for a few months now.  Missed out on the Avalon batch 3 purchase, and wanted to contact HorseRider about the pre-order units he was selling, but can't post/pm yet Sad

Any chance for being let out?
Activity: 34
Hi I would like to be white-listed please. I just purchased an Avalon and would like to share my order info by replying to the corresponding thread.
Activity: 26
Looking to learn much more here for sure. Would love to be able to share and ask questions for sure. So this is my whitelist request  Grin

And a note to the admin of this site. It is nice to see someone running SMF rather than vBulletin  Wink (as I own a forum in a different niche and run SMF too).
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
I have some questions for the Securities forum, but am stuck in here. Hoping you will have mercy on me, thx.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Hi Guys!

Just posting here in case I wont be whitelisted in 5 hours time from now ;]
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
NOW I UNDERSTAND.

I was going crazy about not being able to post anything, and finally, I found this page.
I am pretty sure I could have avoided my confusion if I would have read the forum rules but I can be a lazy person.

I will read the rules.

I am posting here because I would appreciate to fly free.

About me,

I am a 29 year old senior I.T. consultant working in Montreal.
I am working for a small consulting company as teamleader  and tech.

For Bitcoins,
I started in mid-late 2011
Built a machine with 2x 5850's hashing away at 350Mhash each.
Got up to 35 bitcoins and saw the economy crumble to 3$
One of the 2 cards burned down, like an idiot,I gave up.

I sat on my 35 coins up to recently.
Like an idiot, getting excited to see the coins up to 20$+ (they were 15$ when I started)
I sold for 23$ and now laughing at myself some more. If I played my cards right, I could have had way over 100 coins at about 80$ now.

So, I have done some extensive reading about Avalon (shipped and holding a monopoly) and BFL. (Let's not discuss it here)

So before avalon shipped out, I re-invested half my profits of the 35 coins @ 23$ into a new miner.

Specs:
AMD Semron
AMD 890 Chipset with 4x PCIE slots
80Gig drive
Windows7 X64
Using Guiminer. (again lazyness)

700W Acepower PSU (Cost effective but very reliable)

5570     60-75Mhash       680Mhz GPU Clock          temps   83
6950     380Mhash          946Mhz GPU Clock          temps   62           64           68
6570     75-90Mhash       725Mhz GPU Clock          temps   68.5
6950     360Mhash          905Mhz GPU Clock          temps   79           84           89

The total hash rate of the above is between 900 and 910Mhash according to slushpool
When I started generated around a bitcoin every 10 days, now with the release of Avalon it's up to 14days and counting due to increase of difficulty.

Price of hardware.
Motherboard + CPU + case = 120$
6950's 220$ for both
PSU = 75$
HDD was laying around
Radeon 5570 and 6570 were laying around the house.

All in all I am doing this for fun, I now have 2 bitcoins from the above and with the current price, it wont be long for my machine to pay itself off... about 1 more month.

I am looking forward to seeing ASIC machines drop in price in the future so I can get one... when demand goes down and when It's mandatory.

The beauty of it all is I don't pay for power. It's all included in the office lease.

Here are some pictures that I wanted to post in the mining hardware Smiley

cheers.

Activity: 213
Agreed.
Activity: 381
Merit: 274
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
that sandbox thing is pretty annoying Smiley
Activity: 213
Hi,
I want to post in the goxtool thread, (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ncurses-based-mtgox-live-monitor-and-trading-bot-framework-148462). I would like to ask the author of the tool (prof7bit) about sample strategy scripts.

Thanks,
refer_2_me
Activity: 14
Meaningless post: Okay, I've finally found out that I need to make 5 post in addition to browsing around for >4 hours. I guess I should have read the rules closer when I signed up but knowing I don't get out of line, I thought, why read it all! My mistake. .......2 post to go! (I hope)
Activity: 12
Still a newbie cant wait to break free  Roll Eyes
Activity: 37
I hate waiting.  Sad
Activity: 20
I'm still stuck at 41 minutes. I tried logging out and back in again and nothing  Undecided

Don't let this guy in--he's too newby to realize that there is an activity time-out if he's not clicking around.
Me, on the other hand...
I have all the latest dirt on the BFL debacle. I know the difference between ASIC and FPGA (fun fact...the first ASIC could arguably be the extremely labor-intensive custom processor and "rope memory" built for the Apollo program in the mid 1960's).
Activity: 20
I need MOAR PRIVELEGES!
There are so many bitcoin memes that require my attention!
Let me out of this textual chastity belt!
I mine litecoins!
I'm a valuable member with much snarkiness to contribute!
Look at my other postings! They demonstrate my froodiness!

I can dialogue about technical gibberish too!
I'm still stuck at 41 minutes. I tried logging out and back in again and nothing  Undecided
Hi there, i have been reading the forum for some time, and have just joined,
i have accounts with multiple btc exchanges and wish to interact through out all of the forum on a non biased respectful manner thank you.
M.S
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Hi,
I'm the author of several recent articles on bitcoin which you can find here http://www.mindtomatter.org/articles---mind-to-matter.html

I'd like to post a request for contributors - I'm part of a team starting a new, produced bitcoin podcast and would like to speak to this community about possible collaborations.
Activity: 37
I'm a web developer that is interested in using bitcoins for my new applications I'm working on. I also wanted to sell some stuff on the marketplace. Get me out of the newbie forum please Sad lol

Honesty, I have no idea where to spam five messages without coming across as ... well ... a spammer. Thanks for the opportunity.  Grin
I've logged 6hours and made 5 posts. Do I still need approval to be unnewbied?
edit: Well now it shows Jr. Member so I'm probably free to spam now.  Grin
Activity: 7
think I should be good
Jump to: