Pages:
Author

Topic: Whitelist Requests (Want out of here?) - page 58. (Read 474339 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 102
Hello,

I consider myself to be an active member of the bitcoin community since I attended the London Bitcoin Conference in mid-September 2012, where I made a few friends. I met a number of people there, including Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert, Mike Hearn, and many others. I also met Josh Zerlan from Butterfly Labs there, and shortly upon returning from the conference, I pre-ordered a "Single SC" from ButterFly Labs. As you probably know, these have still not been shipped yet, so in the mean time, I started mining using a GPU card, experimenting with GUIminer on Slush's pool and BTC Guild. I also invested in various shares and bonds through GLBSE, and later had to suffer the GLBSE closure, meaning that I had to chase my BTCs with a number of people. I managed to recover most of them, after exchanging a number of emails and PMs with the business owners. I since registered with Cryptostocks, BitFunder and BTC-TC, and invested some small monies in various businesses, mostly for fun and as an experiment.

I have also bought and read a couple of the Bitcoin magazine issues, I have spent quite some time reading various posts on this forum as well as on the Bitcoin StackExchange forum to keep myself updated and to gather more technical knowledge on bitcoin, although I haven't posted many replies yet, mostly because I didn't have a lot of original comments to make, that hadn't already been addressed by others.

Today, I'd like to be white-listed so I may participate in the "Ripple" alternate currency and receive free introductory XRPs as recently offered by OpenCoin (see  Alternate cryptocurrencies > Ripple Giveaway! for details.)

May I be allowed in?

no but you can post and by that time you will have enough hours and posts to be white listed all by yourself.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
love how useless this thread is
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hello,

I consider myself to be an active member of the bitcoin community since I attended the London Bitcoin Conference in mid-September 2012, where I made a few friends. I met a number of people there, including Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert, Mike Hearn, and many others. I also met Josh Zerlan from Butterfly Labs there, and shortly upon returning from the conference, I pre-ordered a "Single SC" from ButterFly Labs. As you probably know, these have still not been shipped yet, so in the mean time, I started mining using a GPU card, experimenting with GUIminer on Slush's pool and BTC Guild. I also invested in various shares and bonds through GLBSE, and later had to suffer the GLBSE closure, meaning that I had to chase my BTCs with a number of people. I managed to recover most of them, after exchanging a number of emails and PMs with the business owners. I since registered with Cryptostocks, BitFunder and BTC-TC, and invested some small monies in various businesses, mostly for fun and as an experiment.

I have also bought and read a couple of the Bitcoin magazine issues, I have spent quite some time reading various posts on this forum as well as on the Bitcoin StackExchange forum to keep myself updated and to gather more technical knowledge on bitcoin, although I haven't posted many replies yet, mostly because I didn't have a lot of original comments to make, that hadn't already been addressed by others.

Today, I'd like to be white-listed so I may participate in the "Ripple" alternate currency and receive free introductory XRPs as recently offered by OpenCoin (see  Alternate cryptocurrencies > Ripple Giveaway! for details.)

May I be allowed in?
Activity: 56
I have been building my own Bitcoin networking API for .Net/WinRT. I have found these forums to be incredibly useful in figuring out how the protocol works, and I have also been using wireshark to ensure my messages are being formatted properly. I would like to be able to participate further in the developer forums, as I am sure I will have questions and I can likely help solve problems as well. I am familiar with sockets, threading and asynchronous programming.

As further proof I am familiar Bitcoin and how it works. I currency manage multiple wallets, experimented with the stock exchange, and I've used the OpenCL miner.

I've met my post requirement and reached the 4 hour minimum. Unfortunately I have no friends here that can refer me.

Please promote me to Jr Member.

Thanks
Activity: 22
i guess its checked a couple of times a day...
Does anyone know if admin ever reads these?
Activity: 22
HI everyone.

Im willing to fully join the forum.

i discovered bitcoins a few days ago and im willing to learn, this looks like a nice place.

Im a software engineer, altought do not know how the system works, i got a pretty good idea since a take a look a the code this monday. I think its a revolutionary idea and a great way to change things. I Wanna be a part of it!!

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!
I would like to be allowed in the forums. I have an expanding knowledge about bitcoins, how rapidly they fluctuate, and how they are used to purchase by sending it through fake buys to make these purchases completely anonymous. Also, the only reason I want to be allowed in is because I need to get bitcoins quickly and cannot spend as much time online as I want to. I needed to trade my MoneyPak for BitCoins (one of the least efficient methods of getting bitcoins, i know, i know) But that's the only way I am able to get BitCoins at this moment, and any sites that support MoneyPak--> BitCoin (i have a 17$ moneypak for .7 bitcoins) besides the Currency Exchange that doesn't support newbies, feel free to reply them to me!
Activity: 48
Total time logged in: 4 hours and 2 minutes. Still a newb.

I'm late for dinner!  Hoping I can do some real contributing tomorrow.

FREEDOM!!!!!  Thanks all.
Total time logged in: 4 hours and 2 minutes. Still a newb.

I'm late for dinner!  Hoping I can do some real contributing tomorrow.
I remember my days as a nooby.. It sucked.
tux
Activity: 10
Hi,

I also would like to get be whitelisted.

so long,
 tux
yes I agree we all wanna get out of here!
Please let me out of here im not a noob been in Bitcoin forawhile!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I'm an attorney that - hopefully - will be able to provide some guidance and clarification on the bitcoin legal landscape. Please give me posting permission for other subfora.
I'm going to announce new coin, please approve my account.

Thank you!
Activity: 9
Please whitelist me. I spend my last week to read technical docs and now working on a payment system.
Activity: 13
Merit: 16
I spent the last couple of days struggling with how to sign transactions and figured it out in the end. Someone here is having similar difficulty, so I'd like to offer him some suggestions.
As I've been stuck in newbieland for 11 days and have been patiently waiting so I can make more worthwhile contributions than I can in the newbie forum, I'm assuming that the 4 hour / 5 post thing is no longer. So, kind mods, please bump me into whatever you deem appropriate.  I've been itching to reply to the "real" topics.

Purgatory sucks Smiley

Thanks!

OK, I found it (Total Time LOgged In) Wow, 12 days now and only 1:50 on the forum.... I guess I need to surf constantly for 2 and a bit more hours....  I should have registered before I spent days going through all the subforums!

Sorry mods, I'll do the time (unless you're feeling generous)
Activity: 58
Hey! I'm very new to BitCoin, this is only my second day mining with my GPU. (lol)

However I've read about Mining, Trading and the BitCoin economies future extensively over the last two days, I've spent many hours watching/studying stats on www.blockchain.info, www.bitcoinx.com and other similar statistics websites as well as watching how the market runs on www.mtgox.com and www.btc-e.com (which atm I currently prefer). I have hopes of earning money trading BitCoin as it seems to be being treated as a commodity in the market sense. I'm majoring in Psychology, not Economics, so my terminology in regards to market analysis is probably a little off.

I understand the difference between CPU, GPU, FGPA and Asic mining. I was already a huge nerd before learning of BitCoin so understanding the hardware involved with hashing wasn't a huge step, at the moment I'm trying to find some GPUs that had a few hundred mega-hash that I can get within a week or two, because I have doubts about the long term profitability of small-scale mining (which I believe is pretty accurate).

I want to start discussing stuff that has specific forums, such as mining rig comparisons and speculation involving the future of the bitcoin economy as well as the profitability of mining.

If I'm not manually whitelisted within a few hours, I'll likely be automatically, due to reaching the minimum browsing time and post count. So unless the person in charge or whitelisting is super active, this request is likely unnecessary, haha.

But thanks for the extra post anyway. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: