Pages:
Author

Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin? - page 30. (Read 5905 times)

Activity: 405
Merit: 100
January 30, 2018, 03:24:22 PM
Because most women, maybe they have no idea and not enough knowledge in bitcoin or else they always busy to focus on their household work and care to their family, men are more interested on bitcoin than women. Men are always looking for opportunities for their family. But i think there are some women in bitcoin are active and trying their best. In reality men are provide income to the family due to bitcoin.
Activity: 156
January 30, 2018, 03:17:05 PM
Because many women do not know about Bitcoin. Most women do not like long staring at computer screens, and others as men in their daily work, mostly staring at the computer and knowing Bitcoin technology that has now grown so that men will be more active follow the development of Bitcoin.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 03:07:30 PM
Gender doesn't matter, now a daysany womem know about  cryptocurrency. Many women also giving comment on bitcoin form.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
January 30, 2018, 02:53:09 PM
Crypto is everything that very few girls are able to handle, from all the uncertainty, risk, investments, numbers, "abstractness" of the blockchain and etc, we can get into a whole debate here about the ways our brains are constructed, but men handle risk, fear and the unknown in a different way.

It's environmental and physical factors that cater to the large discrepancy.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System
January 30, 2018, 02:43:39 PM
Because that is how it is. This forum is for everyone, thus bitcoin is for everyone it may seem that males are more knowledgable than females or should I say males are far more interested on doing this thing rather than females. Because there are no gatepass or requirements even existing on this for you to start, you only need to have a sense, perseverance, and most likely a hard work on doing this stuffs because this thing is not a joke for us to troll around.
We don't know who many women here, but majority of us here are man and it is not strange to know that. Since man, are more exposed in technology, whenever they have time they are searching for the update and news unlike women who are giving most of their time updating their status (not all). And most the women focuses if not in their career but in their home and children.

Agreed. It is unfortunately expected. I believe the reason is that they are not really used to take risks when it comes to finance. It is not specific to crypto currency world. If you analyze any other investment field I expect the same less women.
Activity: 378
When Football meets Crypto
January 30, 2018, 02:36:46 PM
i believe part of the reason could be that men tend to be more aggressive and women tend to be suppressed. there is also the notion that tech in general is a man's field and also safe spaces for women in the blockchain world have not been created. also there needs to be more role models so that other women can aspire to be like them.

I think that most of the womans does not really focus on bitcoins and they think of cryptocurrency as a pyramid scheme, in this way not that much woman will get interested and focus on other things. There is also a chance that most of the womans are focusing on taking care of their children and that is the reason why there are more men who are having a business related to bitcoins.
Activity: 208
Merit: 84
🌐 www.btric.org 🌐
January 30, 2018, 02:32:55 PM
There are too many men here. Only women should be allowed to post in this thread. I’ve never met a man that really understood why women do anything.

Men are one dimensional creatures, similar to parasites, that only live to eat and reproduce. Women are civilized human beings.

Nice way of putting it, lol.

But yeah, I agree with you, I'd like to hear the female perspective on this issue.  It's a big problem if women do not adopt Bitcoin as it goes mainstream.

Of course, the women posting here are among those that have adopted Bitcoin, but their perspective on their female peers would be insightful.

Best,
Ben
Activity: 168
January 30, 2018, 02:28:09 PM
Maybe women more concern of taking care of her children and leave the crypto to men.Men really tend to search more about some stuffs in the internet driving them to this bitcoin.While women are more of just doing what they usually do and dont really get this far.
Activity: 101
January 30, 2018, 02:26:26 PM
Because most women tend to do homework
So the majority of bitcoin users are men as workers. Most workers like in the office are also men.
It's also possible that women do not really know about bitcoin, so Bitcoin users are very few women.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
January 30, 2018, 02:08:48 PM
There are too many men here. Only women should be allowed to post in this thread. I’ve never met a man that really understood why women do anything.

Men are one dimensional creatures, similar to parasites, that only live to eat and reproduce. Women are civilized human beings.
Activity: 630
Merit: 258
January 30, 2018, 01:18:13 PM
In my opinion, maybe women where just to sceptical and don't trust easily with these stuffs. But they would surely believe it exist when the government they have will officially announce bitcoin as currency.
Activity: 25
January 26, 2018, 07:51:06 PM
Some women  are just too busy for that , they   have kids to take care ,cooking and so many and when they eventually have time to come online all what mostly do is to chat but am proud to be a woman and I love crytocurrency alot
Activity: 162
January 26, 2018, 07:20:30 PM
Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

It just because men are more techy than women.  Women likes to work in offices.  But as myself.  Even I am a woman I am still earning here in this forum because even I would like to work at the office.  I cant,  because I need to take care of my children.
Activity: 98
January 26, 2018, 07:15:45 PM
it seems that because the female activity factor is mostly spent in the real world, women are more busy and more business than men, men have many opportunities to work through the internet network, but I think over time and the existence of a pioneer of the women who are able and successful with bitcoin will trigger many opportunities for women to join and participate in bitcoin communities. and I think it may not be long before this community is filled and filled by female users, just like today's real-world work.
Activity: 113
January 26, 2018, 12:46:54 PM
There may have many reasons behind this not to come in bitcoin.Most women don't like to roam around those sites having uncertainty,risk,holding up to best time etc.In a words,They are having lack of patience that's why they are not supposed to come in bitcoin where you need lots of patience to become successful.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 26, 2018, 09:58:41 AM
Men are more inclined to be adventurous when it comes to technology. Most women grew up in a society where tech is a 'guy thing', so it is not very surprising.

that men are more likely to pursue technology while women are more focused on taking care of their own households than bitcoin because there are husbands who make money
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
January 26, 2018, 09:47:01 AM
Because that is how it is. This forum is for everyone, thus bitcoin is for everyone it may seem that males are more knowledgable than females or should I say males are far more interested on doing this thing rather than females. Because there are no gatepass or requirements even existing on this for you to start, you only need to have a sense, perseverance, and most likely a hard work on doing this stuffs because this thing is not a joke for us to troll around.
We don't know who many women here, but majority of us here are man and it is not strange to know that. Since man, are more exposed in technology, whenever they have time they are searching for the update and news unlike women who are giving most of their time updating their status (not all). And most the women focuses if not in their career but in their home and children.
Activity: 696
January 26, 2018, 09:46:45 AM
There is less women because most women who uses gadgets are just into social medias while many men are addicted to computer or any gadgets and always exploring many sites and are always curious. That is my perception.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
January 26, 2018, 09:41:39 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 274
January 26, 2018, 09:33:59 AM
Before I answer this question I just want to tell this is just a mere fact and opinion and I don't want to hurt the feelings of women out there. I think due to the fact that crypto is somewhat a currency that needs some technical abilities to work with, just like for example is mining. Men are into creating hardware stuffs compare to women, trading in fact employs more men than women and lastly I think women are good in spending rather than collecting. peace!
Pages:
Jump to: