Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 118. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
November 16, 2016, 03:29:22 AM
I grew up in an atheist house. My parent's never forced their beliefs on us, and all 3 of my brothers have been to a fellowship of Christian athletes service a time or 2 in high school, how ever this was just for social reason, to see friends etc. So none of us where really introduced to it.
All my bothers and I went to college for different fields I'm science, and I think learning more helped to solidify the fact God isn't really, only a human construct to explain things that can't be explained now.
What has really hit it home for me has been my career as a firefighter. And all of us have had a few bad calls, but when you see kids die, I believe there is absolutely no divine intervention. I hear people say "everything is for a reason" "God has a plan" well if he's so damn powerful he could sure fix his shitty plan, and if he loves us so much I cannot see why he'd let a 7 year old be the only causality in a van accident while riding with his family of six.
"Either God doesn't exist or he is unimaginably cruel"

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

OR, totally oblivious!

god does exist. go deep into the woods far from city light and look up into the night sky. all that you see is only a tiny tiny tiny fraction of god.

is it any wonder he is oblivious to our existence?

God is not oblivious to us at all. He is so close to us that often all we see or feel is what we think is ourself.

Cause and effect show that God is aware of everything in the universe, from the gigantic universe, itself, to the tiniest quark or lepton... and even the God particle.

Cool

God do exist. Aside from the vast universe, the individual feature of every thing in this world and the uniqueness of every human being from all other being, the feelings and emotions we feel as a person, especially the LOVE and CARE that we feel for our family and to others, are my simple proofs that we have God. I believe in God not only because He has been introduced to me by my parents, i believe in Him because I see every proof of his existence in my life. I  believe in science. And I believe God created science. Because God is God.
Activity: 417
Merit: 253
I hate everyone, equally.
November 16, 2016, 03:21:05 AM
Parallel Universe Theory shows that space is an elastic solid. Since you don't know anything about God or space, when are you going to finally become humble enough to go back to base 1 and start learning something?

Cool

"Almighty god creator of elastic solid space", "flat earth" no-brainers... where the fuck did I landed?! Shocked
I thought this was a bitcoin forum... not a mess of psycos. Aaaaaand.... I'm done out!

Pssst: I won't french kiss you, stop asking in pm.
Activity: 644
November 16, 2016, 02:04:01 AM
We are all sinner's and we are going to church every sunday to pay or to clean our sins we always keep our faith and believing always in god. And in my thoughts that Atheists really hate religion is because they don't believe on what preist telling to people reading non sense bible on them and they not believing on god that he really exist.

Jesus paid the penalty for all sins, once, on the cross. Mass simply reminds us of this, so that we do not go out and sin more, because the more we sin, the more our faith in God is stressed. We don't want to lose our faith in God, because that is the way we receive Jesus-Salvation... through faith. We don't want our faith to be stressed out of existence.

Cool
Im agree with that jesus paid our sins and penalty we made every day and we need to become more faith on him and be thankful every sunday you need one day only to go in church and pray for forgiveness and after that we receive jesus salvation through faith and that's really make us more humanity and become more kind.

Believe what you like..... if it makes you a better person good for you. I prefer not to believe in a fairy tale and put my faith in myself and what I can see and touch.
We y'll good inside and we just believing our selves that we are evil outside but if we accept god inside we feel better everytime we are going to somewhere and always praying for your own good is best. Just keep in faith all the time keep in touch every sunday.
Activity: 812
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
November 16, 2016, 01:53:52 AM
Because you guys think you are "anti-establishment" or something by going against religion despite the fact that you are probably within the majority at this point

more like 15%
https://www.google.ca/search?q=world+population+by+religion+charts&espv=2&biw=1422&bih=974&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjBt7LyyazQAhUY0
IMKHTMNBN8QsAQIdw&dpr=0.9#imgrc=CfbNkER7X5HejM%3A

but if you only look at the west and lower age group like 18-35, ill bet your right about 50%

no one in this thread has said anything to indicate that we choose to be Atheists because we wanted to be cool.

Religion doesn't make sense anymore. we can now get our values and morals from watching startrek, starwars, and ofc The Simpsons.  Cheesy
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
November 16, 2016, 01:41:27 AM
Because you guys think you are "anti-establishment" or something by going against religion despite the fact that you are probably within the majority at this point
November 16, 2016, 01:04:40 AM
what is the nature of the inverse? what is our part in it?
the inverse is a big giant blob of goo, an elastic solid.
humanity's job is to go explore the blob of goo looking for things that might be harmful to us or the blob and eliminate it.
if humanity fails to grow up, and die or someshit, fear not, there are billions of others ( aka aliens ) and most will succeed.

why did god first create the earth flat, and then made it round?
he didnt men only said he did.
November 16, 2016, 12:55:57 AM
what is the nature of the inverse? what is our part in it?

why did god first create the earth flat, and then made it round?
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
November 16, 2016, 12:28:20 AM

God is not oblivious to us at all. He is so close to us that often all we see or feel is what we think is ourself.

Cause and effect show that God is aware of everything in the universe, from the gigantic universe, itself, to the tiniest quark or lepton... and even the God particle.

GOD is what I observe and experience, think and feel - we have this splendid connection. Also GOD is [also] aware of Himself at the level of particles that is GOD - GOD particles. Science has opened up a window for us to take a peek as GOD reflects upon His particles, and we reflect on GOD reflecting.

Activity: 337
Merit: 258
November 15, 2016, 09:32:45 PM
+1

Trouble is, the people that are foolish enough to worship this evil God never quite like to admit it is indeed evil. Why would they? After all, if they admitted to their guilt of worshipping an evil God, then they themselves must then admit to being evil. Best they can do is just pretend God isn't evil and hope no-one isn't smart enough to notice their evil worshipping addiction.

Hear, hear!
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
November 15, 2016, 07:39:24 PM
OR, totally oblivious!

god does exist. go deep into the woods far from city light and look up into the night sky. all that you see is only a tiny tiny tiny fraction of god.

Mhm... not really. That is called "space". God doesn't exists, I'm sorry to inform you.  Wink

Parallel Universe Theory shows that space is an elastic solid. Since you don't know anything about God or space, when are you going to finally become humble enough to go back to base 1 and start learning something?

Cool

wow, dude, MiSKLaCH, he called you an idiot, I wouldnt be just standing and type nothing, get him back, tell him how your god is better and stronger and more into physics.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
November 15, 2016, 05:34:12 PM
+1

Trouble is, the people that are foolish enough to worship this evil God never quite like to admit it is indeed evil. Why would they? After all, if they admitted to their guilt of worshipping an evil God, then they themselves must then admit to being evil. Best they can do is just pretend God isn't evil and hope no-one isn't smart enough to notice their evil worshipping addiction.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 15, 2016, 04:32:41 PM
I grew up in an atheist house. My parent's never forced their beliefs on us, and all 3 of my brothers have been to a fellowship of Christian athletes service a time or 2 in high school, how ever this was just for social reason, to see friends etc. So none of us where really introduced to it.
All my bothers and I went to college for different fields I'm science, and I think learning more helped to solidify the fact God isn't really, only a human construct to explain things that can't be explained now.
What has really hit it home for me has been my career as a firefighter. And all of us have had a few bad calls, but when you see kids die, I believe there is absolutely no divine intervention. I hear people say "everything is for a reason" "God has a plan" well if he's so damn powerful he could sure fix his shitty plan, and if he loves us so much I cannot see why he'd let a 7 year old be the only causality in a van accident while riding with his family of six.

Why do you not consider the fact that all people die, not only some kids in fires. The reason why all people die is, they doubt God's ability to keep them alive... some by not even accepting that He exists.

Believe in God. Believe in Jesus salvation. This will allow you to be saved for eternal life.

Too bad you were not brought up with God in your life. It would make it a whole lot easier to see the logic of His existence.

Cool
legendary
November 15, 2016, 04:23:34 PM

OR, totally oblivious!

Cool
legendary
November 15, 2016, 04:19:03 PM
OR, totally oblivious!

Mhm... not really. That is called "space". God doesn't exists, I'm sorry to inform you.  Wink

Cool
Activity: 417
Merit: 253
I hate everyone, equally.
November 15, 2016, 10:58:45 AM
OR, totally oblivious!

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
November 15, 2016, 09:33:26 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

They hate religion because they are more scientific and logically thinker. Well its not bad at all, since we're always seeking for a explanation as human we always asking for a reason. And at the same time religion separate the human race but then again its not bad to believe something as long as we are not doing wrong to our people.
November 15, 2016, 02:36:00 AM

OR, totally oblivious!

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
November 15, 2016, 02:17:21 AM

Activity: 108
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 14, 2016, 11:41:22 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Religion divided the people and can lead also discrimanation because their creating a new world with their religion. The most important here is humanity rather than religion.
November 14, 2016, 01:35:38 PM
so which god does science "back",
which one?

wake up buddy.

there is a god.

he is inside of you and all around

god is the universe! Prove me wrong.

you are a part of him, but he is oblivious to your existence (probably)

its unclear whether or not god needs us(humanity) to fulfill some greater purpose in the grand scheme of things

but i like to think the universe(aka GOD) is not so badly designed... cuz lets face it, we are pretty Pathetic when you compare us(humanity) to the whole(the universe)

for the record i am an (or was?) an Atheists, and i made up a religion ( its called "wowzers" ), in which god is.... well... real!

futher investigation revealed that god is not immortal, and will probably die within a few trillion years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XkV6IpV2Y0&feature=youtu.be&t=5m20s
but thats OK
because who's to say there aren't other gods?

maybe god has an orgasm and that makes a really, big bang!

There is only one God. Just because people don't all recognize Him in the same way, doesn't mean there are more than One. It also doesn't mean that the majority of people don't worship idols.

The belief in and understanding that people have about God, doesn't change God. God simply abides. But if He appears to change, it is people who have changed, and think falsely that it is God Who has changed.

Btw, you have an idol there, if you really worship it as God.

Cool

I dont really believe my own beliefs, that would be silly. I use my beliefs to fill in the gaps where my understanding falls short.
Jump to: