Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 122. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 07, 2016, 10:09:13 AM

You might be right if there was a machine of mankind that didn't depend on the machinery of nature to exist and operate.

Cool

EDIT: So, you believe nature is God? Machinery doesn't make itself. It is made by a machine maker. The machinery of nature is made by God.

I never said Nature is God, that is your stretch of the imagination. I said Nature is Nature.

Nature evolves through time to be whatever it becomes.

If you believe that machinery of nature is god, please show me the machine!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 07, 2016, 10:06:15 AM
In addition, nature works like a great big, highly complex machine. In fact, all OUR machines come from nature, and use the machine of nature to operate.

So Nature is the ruling entity.

You have stretched the boundary of reality to fit your ideal of "Nature = God". I disagree! Nature is exactly what it is ....... Nature"
Why complicate the reality of what we live and breathe with adding the element of a fictional being?

http://www.troll.me/images/thumbs-up-jesus-says/yup-hes-mad-bro.jpg

So, you think I said that nature is God? Machinery doesn't make itself. It is made by a machine maker. The machinery of nature is made by God. It is not God. It is nature.

Cool
Activity: 417
Merit: 253
I hate everyone, equally.
November 07, 2016, 10:03:09 AM
In addition, nature works like a great big, highly complex machine. In fact, all OUR machines come from nature, and use the machine of nature to operate.

You have stretched the boundary of reality to fit your ideal of "Nature = God". I disagree! Nature is exactly what it is ....... Nature"
Why complicate the reality of what we live and breathe with adding the element of a fictional being?

legendary
November 07, 2016, 09:59:50 AM

You might be right if there was a machine of mankind that didn't depend on the machinery of nature to exist and operate.

Cool

EDIT: So, you believe nature is God? Machinery doesn't make itself. It is made by a machine maker. The machinery of nature is made by God.
November 07, 2016, 09:57:06 AM

legendary
November 07, 2016, 09:50:03 AM

Because you have no proof that He doesn't exist.

Show me definitive proof that he does exist!
You revert to the same arguments..... please try something different.
Before you start with the "god did this" crap..... I want definitive proof. Not something which is Faith based.

Newton's 3rd Law upholds cause and effect.

Cause and effect exist in all things. There is no evidence of pure random (opposite of cause and effect) anywhere. We almost cannot conceive of pure random.

Cause and effect caused the great complexity of the universe. But entropy says that complexity is breaking down.

Whatever caused the great complexity of the universe (including the complexity of man's intelligence), in the face of all-pervading entropy, is intellectually very great... intellectually because of the intelligence that we see in ourselves, and how the universe works in an intelligent fashion.

Such intelligence fits our definition of the word "God."

In addition, nature works like a great big, highly complex machine. In fact, all OUR machines come from nature, and use the machine of nature to operate. Machines are made by makers. Not one of mankind's machines just popped into existence without being made.

Since the machine of nature is a vastly greater machine than any machine that people could even dream of making, the Maker of the machine of nature fits our definition of the word "God."

Cool
November 07, 2016, 09:38:22 AM

Because you have no proof that He doesn't exist.

Show me definitive proof that he does exist!
You revert to the same arguments..... please try something different.
Before you start with the "god did this" crap..... I want definitive proof. Not something which is Faith based.
legendary
November 07, 2016, 09:30:01 AM
I agree - atheism has all the signs of religion. A certain group that worships its own laws and which opposes the believer)
And who then those who are indifferent to all religions?

Ha ha ha ha, oh dear...... Religion is the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. As an Atheist I do not believe in any god or controlling power.

Well, you believe you are right about this, don't you? And you know that you have been wrong about at least one or two things in your life. So, you are setting yourself up as god when you say that there is no God, a thing that you might be wrong about, because you have no proof that He doesn't exist.

When you set yourself up as god that way, you believe in God. Otherwise you wouldn't believe yourself when you say that God doesn't exist.

Cool
November 07, 2016, 09:21:55 AM
I agree - atheism has all the signs of religion. A certain group that worships its own laws and which opposes the believer)

Ha ha ha ha, oh dear...... Religion is the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. As an Atheist I do not believe in any god or controlling power.
legendary
November 07, 2016, 07:47:38 AM
Atheism is a religion. Everything that fits other religions fits atheism, except that atheists attempt to cover up the fact that they believe in God.

Cool

What The Fuck?!?! You are really saying that I am an atheist because I believe in god but I want to cover up?
You cannot be so stupid man, please don't spread your DNA! Commit suicide now and dispose of yourself properly!

Everybody believes in God way down deep in His heart.

Everybody who says that God doesn't exist is attempting to set himself up as god above God.

When you look at the complete definition of "religion," you will find that, whether or not a person believes in God, atheism is a religion.

Cool

They simply have an informal religion of indifference to religion.    Cool
Activity: 462
https://saturn.black
November 07, 2016, 07:19:55 AM
Atheism is a religion. Everything that fits other religions fits atheism, except that atheists attempt to cover up the fact that they believe in God.

Cool

What The Fuck?!?! You are really saying that I am an atheist because I believe in god but I want to cover up?
You cannot be so stupid man, please don't spread your DNA! Commit suicide now and dispose of yourself properly!

Everybody who says that God doesn't exist is attempting to set himself up as god above God.

When you look at the complete definition of "religion," you will find that, whether or not a person believes in God, atheism is a religion.

Cool

legendary
November 07, 2016, 07:00:54 AM

Cool

Cool
Activity: 417
Merit: 253
I hate everyone, equally.
November 07, 2016, 06:40:45 AM

Cool

Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
November 07, 2016, 12:31:17 AM

One of the foundations on which I stand is the recognition that we don't really know where this universe came from, and very little about how it works. Those who say that they know don't have any proof for what they say. The point is, there is no way that we can know, on our own, whether or not there will be a resurrection. Creation happened once without our understanding how. Why can't it happen again?

@BADecker  A couple pages back you said "God" speaks to the hearts of people. In fact it's your very essential central Self that self-consciously reflect upon all-that-is, including, not only all of who you are, have been, and are becoming, but also all of who you are in relation to all-that-is-around-you as well (especially other human beings), that "speaks" - an echo of rational quintessential self-reflection, that is being (self-consciously) reflected upon by all that read this here in digital format, transmitted electronically, and imprinted into chemical memory.

@BADecker  As to your quote above - I like you, using your imagination when you say Why can't it happen again? An essentially imaginative question you are asking here. This is what we should be doing - asking questions and imagining realities, which continue to emerge, as we ourselves have emerged, not being there beforehand, to choose to be here or not, and not being there afterwards, to again, choosing to be there or not.

legendary
November 06, 2016, 11:38:35 PM
In my opinion some atheist does not hate religion but they acknowledge the fact the some things that are happening bad are caused by religion like war, discrimination, famine and violence. Religion topics are very sensitive enough to cause these things to happen. They regard Religion as social issues and differences.

Cool
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
November 06, 2016, 10:15:35 PM
In my opinion some atheist does not hate religion but they acknowledge the fact the some things that are happening bad are caused by religion like war, discrimination, famine and violence. Religion topics are very sensitive enough to cause these things to happen. They regard Religion as social issues and differences.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
November 06, 2016, 08:51:15 PM
Just believing something in the simple way we believe things, doesn't make them the truth.

Oh the irony!!!

As we have discovered..... the book is written by man. No different to any other fictional book. It did not miraculously appear. So there is no proof to be found.

[sarcasm] Of course there's proof in the Bible, it says so right in the Bible. [/sarcasm]  Cheesy
legendary
November 06, 2016, 10:56:27 AM
We are all sinner's and we are going to church every sunday to pay or to clean our sins we always keep our faith and believing always in god. And in my thoughts that Atheists really hate religion is because they don't believe on what preist telling to people reading non sense bible on them and they not believing on god that he really exist.

Jesus paid the penalty for all sins, once, on the cross. Mass simply reminds us of this, so that we do not go out and sin more, because the more we sin, the more our faith in God is stressed. We don't want to lose our faith in God, because that is the way we receive Jesus-Salvation... through faith. We don't want our faith to be stressed out of existence.

Cool
Im agree with that jesus paid our sins and penalty we made every day and we need to become more faith on him and be thankful every sunday you need one day only to go in church and pray for forgiveness and after that we receive jesus salvation through faith and that's really make us more humanity and become more kind.

Believe what you like..... if it makes you a better person good for you. I prefer not to believe in a fairy tale and put my faith in myself and what I can see and touch.

Thank you for allowing us to believe as we wish. Just believing something in the simple way we believe things, doesn't make them the truth.

Since you prefer to not believe in fairy tales, stop believing in the fairy tale that God does NOT exist. Look at the proof and the evidence in detail. It's important for your life.

Cool

Show me the proof! Everything you write is based on your belief of a fairy tale book. Have your god come down to earth and meet me for a beer. You have not shown a single bit of proof which makes me believe. Hence why I am an atheist. You choose to answer points and avoid others which you cannot answer. Your own holy book calls you stupid and yet you defend it. You are blinded to the reality of what is happening around you.

It's a miracle book in at least 3 ways:
1. It has miracles recorded in it;
2. The fact of its existence is a miracle;
3. It is the miraculous thing that God works through to save souls.

Proof for proof. The things that you believe are fairy tales, even for yourself, without proof.

Cool

As we have discovered..... the book is written by man. No different to any other fictional book. It did not miraculously appear. So there is no proof to be found.

The Bible didn't miraculously "poof" appear. Yet the fact of its existence in the form that it is in is extremely miraculous.

In American law, all of it is based on a flow of things recorded over a period of hundreds of years. They started even before the Magna Carta in England. Yet the law in America is still based on the Magna Carta.

In a similar way, the Bible is a recorded history of the things that God caused His prophets to write. And, He works through the words of the Bible in the hearts of all who believe in Him for salvation.

Don't miss out on your salvation... except if you really want to, that is.

Cool
November 06, 2016, 10:46:28 AM
We are all sinner's and we are going to church every sunday to pay or to clean our sins we always keep our faith and believing always in god. And in my thoughts that Atheists really hate religion is because they don't believe on what preist telling to people reading non sense bible on them and they not believing on god that he really exist.

Jesus paid the penalty for all sins, once, on the cross. Mass simply reminds us of this, so that we do not go out and sin more, because the more we sin, the more our faith in God is stressed. We don't want to lose our faith in God, because that is the way we receive Jesus-Salvation... through faith. We don't want our faith to be stressed out of existence.

Cool
Im agree with that jesus paid our sins and penalty we made every day and we need to become more faith on him and be thankful every sunday you need one day only to go in church and pray for forgiveness and after that we receive jesus salvation through faith and that's really make us more humanity and become more kind.

Believe what you like..... if it makes you a better person good for you. I prefer not to believe in a fairy tale and put my faith in myself and what I can see and touch.

Thank you for allowing us to believe as we wish. Just believing something in the simple way we believe things, doesn't make them the truth.

Since you prefer to not believe in fairy tales, stop believing in the fairy tale that God does NOT exist. Look at the proof and the evidence in detail. It's important for your life.

Cool

Show me the proof! Everything you write is based on your belief of a fairy tale book. Have your god come down to earth and meet me for a beer. You have not shown a single bit of proof which makes me believe. Hence why I am an atheist. You choose to answer points and avoid others which you cannot answer. Your own holy book calls you stupid and yet you defend it. You are blinded to the reality of what is happening around you.

Proof for proof. The things that you believe are fairy tales, even for yourself, without proof.

Cool

legendary
November 06, 2016, 10:38:12 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool
Jump to: