Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 119. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 14, 2016, 11:27:21 AM

Nope, I'm still convinced that all religions suck, and I will let this guy speak in my behalf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

George Carlin for President!  Haha, this guy is so classic I think I will start to pray to him myself. Thanks MiSKLaCH for posting. Truely a terrific address. Couldn't have said it better myself. Flawless logic over here.  Cheesy

Too bad old George will be burning in Hell following the Judgment, if his attitude toward God on stage is the way he truly believed at death.

Cool

Many of them start with a healthy fear and perhaps a hatred, but that leaves quickly as there is nothing to fear for them anymore. Atheists are not an opposed faction by default, simply one that looks at things from a different point of view.  
I would have said differently. Atheists look at the world from crowding of view of logic and science, as believers live in a world of illusions.

Atheists don't know what will happen tomorrow, just like theists. So, atheists live by some kind of faith that doesn't have any foundation. Then, when they ignore basic science, and the world around them, both of which show the existence of God, their faith turns into foolishness.

Theists may not understand the science that shows that God exists, but they can see God in nature by the fact that this great universe couldn't have come into being without a God creating it. Even science backs this up.

Cool
so which god does science "back",
which one?

wake up buddy.

there is a god.

he is inside of you and all around

god is the universe! Prove me wrong.

you are a part of him, but he is oblivious to your existence (probably)

its unclear whether or not god needs us(humanity) to fulfill some greater purpose in the grand scheme of things

but i like to think the universe(aka GOD) is not so badly designed... cuz lets face it, we are pretty Pathetic when you compare us(humanity) to the whole(the universe)

for the record i am an (or was?) an Atheists, and i made up a religion ( its called "wowzers" ), in which god is.... well... real!

futher investigation revealed that god is not immortal, and will probably die within a few trillion years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XkV6IpV2Y0&feature=youtu.be&t=5m20s
but thats OK
because who's to say there aren't other gods?

maybe god has an orgasm and that makes a really, big bang!

There is only one God. Just because people don't all recognize Him in the same way, doesn't mean there are more than One. It also doesn't mean that the majority of people don't worship idols.

The belief in and understanding that people have about God, doesn't change God. God simply abides. But if He appears to change, it is people who have changed, and think falsely that it is God Who has changed.

Btw, you have an idol there, if you really worship it as God.

Cool
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
November 14, 2016, 02:51:36 AM

Nope, I'm still convinced that all religions suck, and I will let this guy speak in my behalf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

George Carlin for President!  Haha, this guy is so classic I think I will start to pray to him myself. Thanks MiSKLaCH for posting. Truely a terrific address. Couldn't have said it better myself. Flawless logic over here.  Cheesy

Too bad old George will be burning in Hell following the Judgment, if his attitude toward God on stage is the way he truly believed at death.

Cool

Many of them start with a healthy fear and perhaps a hatred, but that leaves quickly as there is nothing to fear for them anymore. Atheists are not an opposed faction by default, simply one that looks at things from a different point of view.  
I would have said differently. Atheists look at the world from crowding of view of logic and science, as believers live in a world of illusions.

Atheists don't know what will happen tomorrow, just like theists. So, atheists live by some kind of faith that doesn't have any foundation. Then, when they ignore basic science, and the world around them, both of which show the existence of God, their faith turns into foolishness.

Theists may not understand the science that shows that God exists, but they can see God in nature by the fact that this great universe couldn't have come into being without a God creating it. Even science backs this up.

Cool
so which god does science "back",
which one?

wake up buddy.

there is a god.

he is inside of you and all around

god is the universe! Prove me wrong.

you are a part of him, but he is oblivious to your existence (probably)

its unclear whether or not god needs us(humanity) to fulfill some greater purpose in the grand scheme of things

but i like to think the universe(aka GOD) is not so badly designed... cuz lets face it, we are pretty Pathetic when you compare us(humanity) to the whole(the universe)

for the record i am an (or was?) an Atheists, and i made up a religion ( its called "wowzers" ), in which god is.... well... real!

futher investigation revealed that god is not immortal, and will probably die within a few trillion years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XkV6IpV2Y0&feature=youtu.be&t=5m20s
but thats OK
because who's to say there aren't other gods?

maybe god has an orgasm and that makes a really, big bang!
legendary
November 13, 2016, 11:10:26 PM

George Carlin for President!  Haha, this guy is so classic I think I will start to pray to him myself. Thanks MiSKLaCH for posting. Truely a terrific address. Couldn't have said it better myself. Flawless logic over here.  Cheesy

Cool

Cool
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
November 13, 2016, 01:52:18 PM

George Carlin for President!  Haha, this guy is so classic I think I will start to pray to him myself. Thanks MiSKLaCH for posting. Truely a terrific address. Couldn't have said it better myself. Flawless logic over here.  Cheesy

Cool

Not illusions, but faith. Faith that everything will be better once they die and go to heaven, but in some hand an illusion that prevents them from thinking openly, not all of them but a good amount.

Most self-hypnosis. And self-restraint in all things, that is the so-called sin.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
November 13, 2016, 12:50:05 PM

Cool

Not illusions, but faith. Faith that everything will be better once they die and go to heaven, but in some hand an illusion that prevents them from thinking openly, not all of them but a good amount.
Activity: 278
November 13, 2016, 10:13:01 AM

Cool

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
November 13, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Cool

Activity: 294
November 09, 2016, 08:21:28 AM
For those of you who don't know Tim Minchin...... I'd suggest viewing this.

Piss funny take on Praying to a god!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi8HT6Ux8FM
legendary
November 08, 2016, 01:52:33 PM

Cool

Will another George Carlin figure please stand up. We need you badly.

Right. I wouldn't want you folks to go on with your religion without having a sufficient number of high priests.

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
November 08, 2016, 01:48:41 PM

Cool

Will another George Carlin figure please stand up. We need you badly.

legendary
November 08, 2016, 01:27:36 PM

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
November 08, 2016, 01:25:14 PM

Activity: 417
Merit: 253
I hate everyone, equally.
November 08, 2016, 01:20:59 PM
All right. You had your laugh. Now get serious about your salvation, before it is too late for you, and you die in your sins... like Moloch probably will.

Cool

Thank you BADecker... I lolled a lot at this too!  Grin Grin
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
November 08, 2016, 01:15:48 PM
atheists are afraid of religion. They believe the faithful sect that takes away their will and do with them zombies.
legendary
November 08, 2016, 01:10:53 PM

Thank you Moloch... I lolled a lot at this!  Grin Grin

All right. You had your laugh. Now get serious about your salvation, before it is too late for you, and you die in your sins... like Moloch probably will.

Cool
November 08, 2016, 01:03:21 PM

Thank you Moloch... I lolled a lot at this!  Grin Grin
legendary
November 08, 2016, 01:02:25 PM

Yes. This is one of the mistakes of Christians, if they can't see beyond the crosses to their coming resurrection.

We need to recognize how our being bad has caused trouble to come, and especially to Jesus. We need to feel sorry for it. Then we need move on into the joy that we will be with God forever in perfection in the hereafter.

Cool
legendary
November 08, 2016, 12:59:41 PM
[snipped clown's reply]
What's the matter? Cheesy Can't take the facts? You don't like the facts, so all you can do is badmouth me? Sounds like you need church way more than I do. But, you are funny.  Cheesy

Cool

The fact is that you are a moron. Yes, I'd better go to a church... and burn it!

Oh my! Here you go again. Badmouthing me when all I did was show you the truth... truth that you have been unable to refute, btw.

Won't you please join us in eternal glory in Heaven, by accepting the sacrifice Jesus made for you? He gave His life for you, and you want to throw it all away?

Cool
Jesus did not die for me but he fell victim to a power struggle between different religions. Such victims fully. Why all the worship of it.

The dying that Jesus did for you was part of the way to make imperfection work in a perfect way. It was done for all people. Take advantage of it.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
November 08, 2016, 12:54:47 PM
November 08, 2016, 12:53:49 PM
Oh my! Here you go again. Badmouthing me when all I did was show you the truth... truth that you have been unable to refute, btw.

You showed me YOUR truth dude, not THE truth.
I'm not used to badmouthing people, but I hate stupidity.
It is one of those things that irritates me the most... and your stupidity reaches unbelievable levels.
And you brag about it...  Huh

Won't you please join us in eternal glory in Heaven, by accepting the sacrifice Jesus made for you? He gave His life for you, and you want to throw it all away?

Cool

Jump to: