Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 123. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 06, 2016, 10:09:18 AM
We are all sinner's and we are going to church every sunday to pay or to clean our sins we always keep our faith and believing always in god. And in my thoughts that Atheists really hate religion is because they don't believe on what preist telling to people reading non sense bible on them and they not believing on god that he really exist.

Jesus paid the penalty for all sins, once, on the cross. Mass simply reminds us of this, so that we do not go out and sin more, because the more we sin, the more our faith in God is stressed. We don't want to lose our faith in God, because that is the way we receive Jesus-Salvation... through faith. We don't want our faith to be stressed out of existence.

Cool
Im agree with that jesus paid our sins and penalty we made every day and we need to become more faith on him and be thankful every sunday you need one day only to go in church and pray for forgiveness and after that we receive jesus salvation through faith and that's really make us more humanity and become more kind.

Believe what you like..... if it makes you a better person good for you. I prefer not to believe in a fairy tale and put my faith in myself and what I can see and touch.

Thank you for allowing us to believe as we wish. Just believing something in the simple way we believe things, doesn't make them the truth.

Since you prefer to not believe in fairy tales, stop believing in the fairy tale that God does NOT exist. Look at the proof and the evidence in detail. It's important for your life.

Cool

Show me the proof! Everything you write is based on your belief of a fairy tale book. Have your god come down to earth and meet me for a beer. You have not shown a single bit of proof which makes me believe. Hence why I am an atheist. You choose to answer points and avoid others which you cannot answer. Your own holy book calls you stupid and yet you defend it. You are blinded to the reality of what is happening around you.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 06, 2016, 10:05:23 AM
We are all sinner's and we are going to church every sunday to pay or to clean our sins we always keep our faith and believing always in god. And in my thoughts that Atheists really hate religion is because they don't believe on what preist telling to people reading non sense bible on them and they not believing on god that he really exist.

Jesus paid the penalty for all sins, once, on the cross. Mass simply reminds us of this, so that we do not go out and sin more, because the more we sin, the more our faith in God is stressed. We don't want to lose our faith in God, because that is the way we receive Jesus-Salvation... through faith. We don't want our faith to be stressed out of existence.

Cool
Im agree with that jesus paid our sins and penalty we made every day and we need to become more faith on him and be thankful every sunday you need one day only to go in church and pray for forgiveness and after that we receive jesus salvation through faith and that's really make us more humanity and become more kind.

Believe what you like..... if it makes you a better person good for you. I prefer not to believe in a fairy tale and put my faith in myself and what I can see and touch.

Thank you for allowing us to believe as we wish. Just believing something in the simple way we believe things, doesn't make them the truth.

Since you prefer to not believe in fairy tales, stop believing in the fairy tale that God does NOT exist. Look at the proof and the evidence in detail. It's important for your life.

Cool
November 06, 2016, 09:10:26 AM

Cool

Activity: 644
November 06, 2016, 09:02:23 AM

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
November 06, 2016, 06:56:59 AM
I speak for God because you will not take up His Word and let it speak to you.

Cool
I don't accept any "messages" or "instructions" from God via third parties. Bible, Jesus, preists, vicars, pastors, prophets, YOU, are all third parties, thus as a standard life rule, are ignored and will continue to be ignored.

If God wants to give me a message it will come directly from him to me, with no middle men.
It will be clear, concise, unmistakeable, unavoidable, with no room for interpretation errors.

Edit: Oh, by the way, lying by claiming you're actually following a message from God to tell me your nonsense won't work.

When God speaks to people directly, He does it from deep down inside the person. The Bible is essentially for comparison purposes. If what a person hears from deep down inside matches the Bible, then he is hearing God speaking in himself. If what he hears doesn't match the Bible, then it is himself or the devil speaking to himself. If one doesn't look at the Bible, he doesn't know when God is speaking. But God indeed speaks to the hearts of all people.

Cool

Where you're reply crashes to the ground is you've foolishly claimed the bible is the word of God and you've blundered into this fatal circular reasoning loop.

Break the loop and I'll continue talking and educating you. (Spoiler alert: You won't.)  Cheesy

There is another thing you have blundered into. After all, did I ever show that circle? No. You were the one who showed it. So, you were the one who blundered into it, just like you blundered into your atheism/anti-God stupidity.

Cool

You didn't "show" the circle, it's your logic put into an easy to understand pretty diagram.
You said nobody can know if God is speaking to them, unless it matches what's in the bible. Thus you have just claimed the bible is the word of God. Thus you have entered the circular argument in the diagram at that point. (It's the one on the far left, if your struggling.)

Of course you knew this already, and just trying to avoid my challenge of you breaking out of the circle.

You'll get dizzy keep spinning round and round like that. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The reason why the Bible is the Word of God is that it has strength behind it. The little nation of Israel has great strength. Israel has existed possibly longer than any other nation. The Israel people hold that the Old Testament is truth. The only reason why they hold the Bible as such for as long as they have, is because there is strength in the Bible.

Cool

All you've done here is change the wording of your circular logic. Nothing changed (except the wording), your still in it.
If your suggesting strength == truth, then sadly you are committing an argumentum ad populum fallacy.

Attempt to break out of your circle with a fallacy won't work.

Have another go. Try again.

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
November 06, 2016, 05:17:29 AM
No wonder people really don't understand the Bible and the God the Bible is speaking about...judging by the kind of debate we have here. It is quite obvious that people in trying to understand something divine could not come up with something tangible or something to truly hold on to because we are all carnal minded.

Just because we don't believe in someone called God does not change anything. People have that kind of yearning to believe in a higher authority and you can call it whatever it is but it is really there.

The bottom line is that we all have our leanings and no matter how we might convince someone to go against his will and choice it will not be successful.

So believe whatever you want to believe but don't step on the right of others to also believe what they want to believe. Peace -- true and global peace -- seems impossible in the hands of men but it is always good to try to tolerate and accommodate as much as we can so that we can at least have some harmony and understanding even if we have some big and small difference with each other.
Activity: 420
Merit: 116
November 06, 2016, 05:01:33 AM
among my friends are believers and there are atheists. But they never come into conflict with each other. I do not know where it came from the view that they hate each other. It seems to me that it is not
November 06, 2016, 02:59:16 AM
In the same way that God has the ability to create people (a much harder thing than writing a book), He also has the ability to direct His people in ways so that they write the thing that He wants.

If this is true, then it can be assumed that your "God" has himself instructed mankind to write the fictional writings of the Satanic Bible and the Qur'an. As all holy books are the writings of mankind, I once again say Lord of the Rings is a far better read. I highly recommend you read it.
legendary
November 05, 2016, 08:42:14 PM
The reason why the Bible is the Word of God is that it has strength behind it. The little nation of Israel has great strength. Israel has existed possibly longer than any other nation. The Israel people hold that the Old Testament is truth. The only reason why they hold the Bible as such for as long as they have, is because there is strength in the Bible.
You constantly throw out this argument of strength in the Bible making it God's word. There is no strength in any book, rather people themselves find meaning in the words of a book that gives them the resolve to do what they need to do - there are many self help books out there that people use.

To say the words in the Bible are also God's words is a fallacy - the words in the Bible are man's words, stories passed down through the years by word of mouth before finally being collated and written into a single book. I always found it ironic that one of the first things we did in religious studies was play Chinese Whispers, yet we were expected to accept the writings in the Bible as the ultimate truth. If God actually existed and wanted his words to be passed onto man, he could have willed a paper book into existence with his words written inside when he first created man. Did this happen? Nope. Instead the closest thing we supposedly have is some commandments inscribed in stone hundreds of years after the creation of man.

When a person reads a book, the words that remain in his memory do not sit in his brain in book form. Rather, RNA converts into patterns of brain DNA that correspond to the words that he read. Whenever bio-electrical activity stimulates these particular chunks of DNA, the result is an activated memory of the words in the person, that correspond to the thing that he had read.

At the same time, a new record is created by new RNA turning into DNA, showing his remembering, and the reactions he had to the remembering. Generally this new memory is the one that is remembered the next time the person remembers the words.

At the next remembering point, a third memory is made overlaying the first two. The other two memories remain, but are seldom accessed, except when the memory needs to be reinforced in the consciousness in some way, or by haphazard stimulation during dreams.

God wrote His law in the minds and hearts (in the brains, chemically) of the first people. All people have it via genetics. Most people simply ignore it intentionally until the memory is dulled within them. If there had been no sin, the Bible wouldn't have been needed. Why not? People would remember the law written on their hearts perfectly, and wouldn't need a Bible to re-show it to them.

The Bible has been written for two reasons:
1. To show the law that has been forgotten;
2. To show God's forgiveness for man through the salvation He provides in Jesus.

In the same way that God has the ability to create people (a much harder thing than writing a book), He also has the ability to direct His people in ways so that they write the thing that He wants. The whole history of the coming into being of the Bible, and the contents thereof, show that it had to have been done by God. Why? Because it could never happen the way it did without Divine guidance.

Cool
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
November 05, 2016, 08:11:58 PM
You constantly throw out this argument of strength in the Bible making it God's word. There is no strength in any book, rather people themselves find meaning in the words of a book that gives them the resolve to do what they need to do - there are many self help books out there that people use.

To say the words in the Bible are also God's words is a fallacy - the words in the Bible are man's words, stories passed down through the years by word of mouth before finally being collated and written into a single book. I always found it ironic that one of the first things we did in religious studies was play Chinese Whispers, yet we were expected to accept the writings in the Bible as the ultimate truth. If God actually existed and wanted his words to be passed onto man, he could have willed a paper book into existence with his words written inside when he first created man. Did this happen? Nope. Instead the closest thing we supposedly have is some commandments inscribed in stone hundreds of years after the creation of man.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
November 05, 2016, 07:36:15 PM

Cool
I don't accept any "messages" or "instructions" from God via third parties. Bible, Jesus, preists, vicars, pastors, prophets, YOU, are all third parties, thus as a standard life rule, are ignored and will continue to be ignored.

If God wants to give me a message it will come directly from him to me, with no middle men.
It will be clear, concise, unmistakeable, unavoidable, with no room for interpretation errors.

Edit: Oh, by the way, lying by claiming you're actually following a message from God to tell me your nonsense won't work.

When God speaks to people directly, He does it from deep down inside the person. The Bible is essentially for comparison purposes. If what a person hears from deep down inside matches the Bible, then he is hearing God speaking in himself. If what he hears doesn't match the Bible, then it is himself or the devil speaking to himself. If one doesn't look at the Bible, he doesn't know when God is speaking. But God indeed speaks to the hearts of all people.

Cool

Where you're reply crashes to the ground is you've foolishly claimed the bible is the word of God and you've blundered into this fatal circular reasoning loop.

Break the loop and I'll continue talking and educating you. (Spoiler alert: You won't.)  Cheesy

There is another thing you have blundered into. After all, did I ever show that circle? No. You were the one who showed it. So, you were the one who blundered into it, just like you blundered into your atheism/anti-God stupidity.

Cool

You didn't "show" the circle, it's your logic put into an easy to understand pretty diagram.
You said nobody can know if God is speaking to them, unless it matches what's in the bible. Thus you have just claimed the bible is the word of God. Thus you have entered the circular argument in the diagram at that point. (It's the one on the far left, if your struggling.)

Of course you knew this already, and just trying to avoid my challenge of you breaking out of the circle.

Bible logic, the world's first merry-go-round making people dizzy since, well, god knows when.
legendary
November 05, 2016, 07:23:45 PM
There is one problem though: if you die and you didn't believe and God didn't exist.... It's alright but what if you die, you didn't believe and He exists?!

Yeah, this is called Pascal's wager. A well documented flawed argument.

I agree that it is essentially a bad argument to use. But it is true just the same. The problem with it is that it can be used for just about any silly thing. And for some of those silly things it will be used in a false or bad way.

Cool
legendary
November 05, 2016, 07:20:36 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

What does that have to do with your circle? Nothing. Of course, you won't know this about the Bible unless you study the history of how it came into being. But if you do, you will find that it is a miracle that can't exists the way it does, except that it does.

Cool
legendary
November 05, 2016, 06:24:32 PM
There is one problem though: if you die and you didn't believe and God didn't exist.... It's alright but what if you die, you didn't believe and He exists?!

Yeah, this is called Pascal's wager. A well documented flawed argument.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 05, 2016, 06:21:44 PM
I had two atheist friends in my life and I spoke to then about this. I have been told they don't hate religion at all but they think God was just an invention for us to be enslaved in this world. There is one problem though: if you die and you didn't believe and God didn't exist.... It's alright but what if you die, you didn't believe and He exists?!
Activity: 343
November 05, 2016, 06:15:54 PM
May be they had been disappointed by Of and they are not hsppy
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
November 05, 2016, 05:21:57 PM
believers hate atheists, atheists and believers hate. This is the eternal confrontation. It always has been, and do not need to do from this issue

Not all believers hate atcheists, not all atheists hate religion. Im an atheist and i dont hate religion, i do not like when religious people deny everything because of their views and atheists can be so cringy.
Activity: 241
Tokens That Store Virtual Energy
November 05, 2016, 05:05:40 PM
believers hate atheists, atheists and believers hate. This is the eternal confrontation. It always has been, and do not need to do from this issue
legendary
November 05, 2016, 04:49:42 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

legendary
November 05, 2016, 02:49:10 PM

Even God doesn't force anybody to believe Him. He simply shows them the miracles of nature, the nation of Israel, and the Bible, and lets them make their own choice.
Cool

How do you know this? Have you spoken with this invisible person? You cannot use "the bible tells me so" as we have already proved that it is a work of fiction. Either you are delusional or psychotic. I'll let you decide which one suits.

I think that it is the reverse that is the strength. Look at all the people in the world who believe in God in one form or another. Why do you think that God doesn't exist? The odds are against you. The fact that you are setting yourself up as an authority, shows us that at the very least, you believe yourself to be God, even though yo do not formally acknowledge it.

In addition, the scientific proof I have shown all along for the existence of God still stands. Right next to it is nature and the universe which is so extremely marvelous that it would take a real powerful God to allow it to come into being. Then there is the Bible record, which, if you check into the details of how it came into being, is a miracle in itself.

If the above weren't enough, then consider all the science that is theory. This means that the scientists, themselves, who have designed all kinds of methods for the marvels of the universe to exist, aren't sure that they are right... even though they often claim that they are right. God and the Bible are way stronger than these self-glorifying scientists, and their disciples.

You are on the losing end of your questions, my friend.

Cool

Fortunately god and his disciples are coming closer to an end. In time religion will be done away with as it should. Many people still need a god for comfort or other reasons but soon enough humanity will come to its senses.

Dont worry if your not the chosen few from israel , it matters not.

That is an interesting religious sentiment you have there.

Unfortunately for a bunch of people who resist God, they will come to their ultimate end, while those of us who acknowledge God and Jesus salvation will rise into everlasting glory.

One of the foundations on which I stand is the recognition that we don't really know where this universe came from, and very little about how it works. Those who say that they know don't have any proof for what they say. The point is, there is no way that we can know, on our own, whether or not there will be a resurrection. Creation happened once without our understanding how. Why can't it happen again?

Cool

I dont deny that creation may have happened elsewhere on other planets and can happen in the future. Just not by god as described in religious literature.
What about the creation of the planets themselves, right along with the creation of the whole universe?

I just dont have unrealistic beliefs in some omnipresent god type character .
Why not. We don't know that God doesn't exist. In fact, science and nature say that He does. This stuff had to come from somewhere. And there is great intelligence in its structure... so great that it defies mankind to find it all out. If it wasn't complex, researchers would have figured out how to let us all live a thousand years, long ago. As it is, there are still a few peoples around the world that live longer than modern science has allowed us to live. Are you trying to say that dumb nature is smarter than we are?

The bible is as far as we can know it a work of fiction, There is no reason to think otherwise, The first and biggest problem with it is that it was written by man in an age where not much was known about anything. If you like it was our very first attempt at science and also our worst.

You are mistaken about this. The information in the first 5 books of the Bible describes the "soul" of man better than most of our modern psychology. In addition, the Bible was written as a record, by those who believed God was telling them to write. How strong did they believe? The Dead Sea Scrolls show us that there is virtually no change in about 2,400 years of hand copying it. You have to believe quite strongly to copy the same thing over and over, generation to generation like that. There is strength in the Bible. That's why they did it.

Cool
Jump to: