Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 135. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 14, 2016, 04:51:24 PM

The reason I don't get the flu is because I pray to God.
(lots of other bullshits)

The psychiatric ward is awaiting you, DUMBecker.

You can't keep yourself alive. You will die.

God doesn't want you to die. But since you can't keep yourself alive, what could God do?

God sent His son, Jesus, in the form of a man, a man that has the strength of God, to handle all the complexity of nature that mankind and its science can't.

Jesus perfected the way to eternal life for all of us. And He offers it freely, because there is no way that we could ever pay enough to buy it from Him.

The only thing that Jesus requires is faith that He will do it for us. But that faith has to be on an individual basis, since there are those who will never believe.

I will live forever, because I accept Jesus salvation. If Jesus doesn't return before I die, then I will be resurrected with all dead people at the last day. After that, I will receive everlasting life.

Incidentally, when Jesus perfected eternal life for us all, He did an upgrade on us. Our new life will be a super-powered life when compared with this life. It will be one wherein we will never be able to die. Because of this, make sure that you are believing in Jesus salvation. Because if you reject, you will still receive the everlasting life, even though you are cast out by God.

There is nothing you can do about it... one way or another. Why not? Because God is in control. Either you accept God, or you will be cast out into an everlasting, living destruction, at the time of the resurrection.

Cool
legendary
October 14, 2016, 04:41:08 PM
I don't get the flu and I don't pray to any God(s).  Cheesy

You are such an infant, Fluffer. God has special mercy on infants.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
October 14, 2016, 04:39:25 PM
I don't get the flu and I don't pray to any God(s).  Cheesy
Activity: 417
Merit: 253
I hate everyone, equally.
October 14, 2016, 04:35:26 PM

(lots of other bullshits)

The psychiatric ward is awaiting you, DUMBecker.
legendary
October 14, 2016, 03:55:38 PM
First, science proves God exists.

Cool

Modern science includes a bunch of stupid theories that are degrading the term "science" into mixed up ignorance.

Cool

Yeah, sounds about right.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well, thank you Fluffer. You are finally getting it. Now, don't fight God. Rather get into the New Testament and strengthen your weak faith in Him.

Cool
legendary
October 14, 2016, 03:46:32 PM
First, science proves God exists.

Cool

Modern science includes a bunch of stupid theories that are degrading the term "science" into mixed up ignorance.

Cool

Yeah, sounds about right.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
October 14, 2016, 01:51:21 PM

....His (BADecker's) core beliefs lie in the Bible record. Why is the Bible a record? We can see from the Dead Sea Scrolls, and from other ancient sources, that the Hebrew scribes copied the Bible accurately from the time that it happened.

....Science fails because they do not want to succeed with the truth.

What you call "the Bible" is in fact a literary product, well written with intriguing narratives - with a beautiful storyline. And indeed, it is a record, but it is just that - a historical product to be examined and studied of how ancient cultures functioned. It cannot dictate conduct of life in an indoctrinating "from above" authoritative position. It's ludicrous to believe it can. Besides, the original product know as "the Bible" was accurate only in ancient times. It has been skewed and adjusted to fit with shifting zeitgeist of the groupings following it. It's badly tainted, no more original like it was millennia ago.
The Bible is, at its base and core, salvation words about Jesus, the Christ. It is God's words to us so that we can be saved at the time of the resurrection.

Translations of the Bible into other languages can never be 100% accurate. There is always something lost in translation. But, there is enough in Bible translations so that people can still find Jesus and be saved. How? By God Himself talking to our hearts through the translation words.

Science, my friend, you would have to thank and respect, for it has brought the light humanity needed. I'm not saying science is the end of it all, but without properly engaging life - as science tends to do - we would not have been where we are today.

Science is an ancient thing that started shortly after mankind sinned in the Garden. Modern science includes a bunch of stupid theories that are degrading the term "science" into mixed up ignorance.

Cool
legendary
October 14, 2016, 01:44:24 PM
Great statements here. Too bad they are false, especially the part about the Dark Ages being over. Modern science is moving us into darker ages than the Dark Ages ever had.

So, just as an example... what you gonna do if you get flu? You pray your god to heal you or take meds?
Modern science, like medicine, saves thousands of lives every day... what do your god do to save people?
Why there are so many children killed by wars, hunger etc.? Where is your god when innocent people die?

Religion is the real cancer of humanity... get rid of religion and you will save millions of lives!

Modern medicine screws people everyday by not showing them how all the "medicine" they need can be found in nature around us, right outside, growing free.

Children are killed by wars because people kill them in wars.

God is looking for the faith in people when they die. If He finds it, He holds it strong so that they can have eternal life in Heaven in the resurrection.

There aren't any innocent people except those who believe in Jesus salvation, because God then holds them innocent.

The religions of atheism and other religious non-religions are the real cancer.

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
October 14, 2016, 01:41:49 PM

....His (BADecker's) core beliefs lie in the Bible record. Why is the Bible a record? We can see from the Dead Sea Scrolls, and from other ancient sources, that the Hebrew scribes copied the Bible accurately from the time that it happened.

....Science fails because they do not want to succeed with the truth.

What you call "the Bible" is in fact a literary product, well written with intriguing narratives - with a beautiful storyline. And indeed, it is a record, but it is just that - a historical product to be examined and studied of how ancient cultures functioned. It cannot dictate conduct of life in an indoctrinating "from above" authoritative position. It's ludicrous to believe it can. Besides, the original product know as "the Bible" was accurate only in ancient times. It has been skewed and adjusted to fit with shifting zeitgeist of the groupings following it. It's badly tainted, no more original like it was millennia ago.

Science, my friend, you would have to thank and respect, for it has brought the light humanity needed. I'm not saying science is the end of it all, but without properly engaging life - as science tends to do - we would not have been where we are today.
Activity: 417
Merit: 253
I hate everyone, equally.
October 14, 2016, 01:26:53 PM
Great statements here. Too bad they are false, especially the part about the Dark Ages being over. Modern science is moving us into darker ages than the Dark Ages ever had.

So, just as an example... what you gonna do if you get flu? You pray your god to heal you or take meds?
Modern science, like medicine, saves thousands of lives every day... what do your god do to save people?
Why there are so many children killed by wars, hunger etc.? Where is your god when innocent people die?

Religion is the real cancer of humanity... get rid of religion and you will save millions of lives!
legendary
October 14, 2016, 01:17:16 PM
Religion divides people & facilitates war & strife.  

Religion is used as an excuse to enslave others & invade countries.

It is used to control women & their bodies.

The Old Testament is over 5000 years old; the New Testament is over 2000 years old.

Religion is still barbaric.  

Dark Ages are over.  Maybe that's why Atheists & Agnostics dislike religion.

I could not agree more, because that is an exact quote of mine from earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the bump.  Next time consider some attribution.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
October 14, 2016, 12:57:35 PM
Religion divides people & facilitates war & strife. 

Religion is used as an excuse to enslave others & invade countries.

It is used to control women & their bodies.

The Old Testament is over 5000 years old; the New Testament is over 2000 years old.

Religion is still barbaric. 

Dark Ages are over.  Maybe that's why Atheists & Agnostics dislike religion.

I could not agree more, because that is an exact quote of mine from earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the bump.  Next time consider some attribution.
legendary
October 14, 2016, 12:36:30 PM
The Church loses its power because rages. In Islam more people because this religion is practiced by many uneducated countries. Atheism still wins.

Here is how atheism wins.

Jesus took the sins of the whole world on Himself when He died on the cross. Then He died. But He arose from the dead in 3 days. The new life that He has is one that can never die. He has been alive in that power for something like 1970 years.

Since there is nothing else to punish, since Jesus took it all, the only thing that is left is that nature has to run its course, and all people have to die. And then, since there is nothing else to punish, all people will rise, just like Jesus, with Jesus-life, at the resurrection.

The atheists, because they have decided to reject God, will be rejected. But, in their new life, they will never die, just like Jesus. Their rejection of God will get them tossed into the Lake of Fire to be tormented forever, because after the resurrection, they will never be able to die again.

Atheism. A way to life forever... in excruciating torment.

Cool
legendary
October 14, 2016, 12:28:09 PM
Nobody, no scientist or anyone else has any real idea how this universe came to be.
Are you now admitting that you don't know how the universe came to be? That would seem to go against your core beliefs that you often post about on this forum.
His core beliefs are just blind guesses. Big bang and evolution are theories. Theories are stronger than guesses. Of course that doesn't mean they are correct, that's why they are called theories.
Even if tomorrow someone gave us 100% irrefutable proof big bang and evolution were correct, do you think BADlogic would roll over and admit he got it all wrong? Of course not.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
He's not interested in the truth; just his flawed nonsense.

Just ignore him. You cannot educate a clown that refuses to be educated.

His (BADecker's) core beliefs lie in the Bible record. Why is the Bible a record? We can see from the Dead Sea Scrolls, and from other ancient sources, that the Hebrew scribes copied the Bible accurately from the time that it happened.

Why is this important? It is important because it is powerful. There is no power like it. There is no explanation of how they could have had the strength and the stubbornness to do something like this. Look into it from a scientific standpoint. Such accurate copying is a miracle to even exist.

In addition, the first 5 books of the Bible were written by a guy - Moses - who was in the early parts of his life - about 40 years - a prince of Egypt. Egypt was The Great Nation in those days - 3,500 years ago. They held the writings of the world in their libraries, and Moses, as a prince, had access to it all. So, he had the best knowledge of how everything came into existence, right from the beginning, as recorded by those that were there right after God created. And Moses could review and determine which of the writings were fake, and which were real.

The knowledge Moses had was only part of the strength of the record. The strength continues in the fact of the miracles that Moses performed at the direction of God, as he led approximately 2 million Israelite people out of Egypt at the Exodus.

The Dead sea Scrolls show that the writings are accurate. The writings record the power of Moses in the miracles he did. The knowledge of Moses is accurate because truth is on his side; you can see it in the moral and psychological things he wrote. The fact that Israel still exists today, and is one of the greatest nations of the world small as it is, and that they uphold the writings of Moses actively, and that there is no other nation that upholds their ancient writings with nearly the strength of Israel, shows us that there is power there beyond our understanding.

Science fails because they do not want to succeed with the truth.

Cool
legendary
October 14, 2016, 12:09:47 PM
Nobody, no scientist or anyone else has any real idea how this universe came to be.
Are you now admitting that you don't know how the universe came to be? That would seem to go against your core beliefs that you often post about on this forum.
What are you even talking about? Where have I ever said anything about the way or methods that God used to create the universe? The closest that we have to God's methods is that He spoke some details of the formation of the Earth and life on it into being. God is a spirit. How does a spirit speak? I never expressed how God speaks.

Life and the universe are complex.
Personally I think it's all rather simple, everything is energy and in a constant state of transition from one form of energy to another.
We all seem to have the ability to think things. It is a wonderful thing that we can think. Now lets think in ways that show us the truth, rather than simply making up ideas with out thought.

Just because we don't currently understand the how and why does not mean that we'll never be able to understand it.

This doesn't mean that we will ever be able to understand it, either. Consider a leaf on a tree as it sways in the sunlight with the breeze. Countless trillions of air electrons and atoms bump into each other. They move from place to place, bumping into atoms and molecules of the leaf. Energy waves change the movements of the air and the leaf. But we are not really even close to tracking even one atom in this movement, or one energy wave. And it might take tracking them all in detail, simultaneously, to begin to understand the methods of creation. Will we ever be able to understand any of this? We don't even have any real hint of how to do so as things stand right now.

Cool
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
October 14, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
I think that now even the clergy don't believe in God. View what scandals always arise with them. And people see all this and gradually open your eyes.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
October 14, 2016, 09:59:55 AM
The Church loses its power because rages. In Islam more people because this religion is practiced by many uneducated countries. Atheism still wins.
legendary
October 14, 2016, 05:22:16 AM
His core beliefs are just blind guesses. Big bang and evolution are theories. Theories are stronger than guesses. Of course that doesn't mean they are correct, that's why they are called theories.
Even if tomorrow someone gave us 100% irrefutable proof big bang and evolution were correct, do you think BADlogic would roll over and admit he got it all wrong? Of course not.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
He's not interested in the truth; just his flawed nonsense.

Just ignore him. You cannot educate a clown that refuses to be educated.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
October 14, 2016, 02:02:21 AM

Life and the universe are complex.
Personally I think it's all rather simple, everything is energy and in a constant state of transition from one form of energy to another. Just because we don't currently understand the how and why does not mean that we'll never be able to understand it.
legendary
October 14, 2016, 01:44:03 AM

Death is finalperiod If people pay their last respects to the dead upon burial (or ash), how much more should we, the people, pay our respects to each other - all of whom are still alive today, and able to enjoy the fullness that life offers?

Now consider what I am saying very carefully. Life and the universe are complex. Nobody, no scientist or anyone else has any real idea how this universe came to be. The things about Big Bang and Evolution are guesses. But even if they weren't guesses, there is such complexity in it all that we would have only the barest of  ideas how it all worked. Here is what I am saying.

As far as we understand the universe and life, it is impossible. The only reason why we know that the universe and life are possible is because they are here, and we are living them. But we don't really have a clue about how they could exist. They are impossible as far as our understanding goes.

The point? In the same way that we don't understand how the universe and life can be possible, so we don't know for sure that the resurrection is impossible. Perhaps the resurrection is built into nature, and we simply haven't found it yet. We can guess either way, but we really don't know.

Cool
Jump to: