Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 15. (Read 901341 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
April 21, 2019, 09:18:34 AM

Laws change my friend.  So be ready to obey the new laws or face the piper.

You are against the bill that would prohibit discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.

And you asking me what is wrong with your opposition?  I bet you would be for segregation laws back in the day, for the same reason.

You are a bigot.  A horrible human being.

You can redeem yourself by supporting a law that will criminalize discrimination. Be a better man than your 'God'.

Ha ha tell me how you really feel af_newbie.

I guess laws only matter to you if you agree with them. So much for all your talk about respecting the collective determination of which actions are causing harm. Looks like you have some other metric you are choosing not to share with us.

Interesting that you now turn to name calling and offering redemption if I repent. You really fit right in with today's radicalism don't you. If we were on a less freedom loving forum like twitter or facebook you or someone like you would probably go complaining to the moderators at this point attempting to get me kicked off the platform for the horrific "hate crime" of disagreeing with your goals to transform society and the law into your Utopian ideal.

The honest truth is that you are the one participating in the horror by encouraging your fellow human beings to their self-destruction. Gender dysphoria is a disease. It is a very serious behavioral condition with definite health consequences. One in seven biological men who identify as transgender women have HIV. That number rises to 44% among blacks. About half of biological women with gender dysphoria will attempt suicide.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2019/04/20/cdc-one-seven-transgender-women-have-hiv/

These poor individuals are very very ill. They need help learning to live with and dealing with a biological reality they wish did not exist. Affirmations that their condition is wonderful and normal does them a tremendous disservice.

That said I would consider supporting your bill if you added in language that also prohibited discrimination based on religious beliefs, allowed for faith based consciousness objections, and included protections for private employers to run their business in accordance with their faith based principles. I doubt you would be on board with that though. The goal of most extremist when seeking this kind of legislation is to obtain weapons to use against their political and ideological opposition not to defang government or increase freedom.  

Gays are ill?

I think you are ill, but I repeat myself.

You don't know how I feel? I feel we should live in a society were all members of society are protected (under the law) and are free from discrimination (that includes you btw).  If they are not, it is our duty as good people to change the law so they are protected.

Even if trans are mentally ill (which I don't think they are) you should not refuse them your service, just like (I hope) you would not refuse your service to people who are Atheists or suffer from Autism or Down Syndrome.  

That is how I feel on this issue.

Regarding any religious mythologies, you know my position.  I view them as an ancient, cultural tradition, a political relic that has no place in a progressive society driven by science, medicine, engineering, and technology.
Activity: 385
Merit: 101
April 21, 2019, 02:21:24 AM
Seems like the majority of bitcoiners here don't believe in god. What a shocker................ just kidding

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
April 20, 2019, 08:41:22 PM

Laws change my friend.  So be ready to obey the new laws or face the piper.

You are against the bill that would prohibit discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.

And you asking me what is wrong with your opposition?  I bet you would be for segregation laws back in the day, for the same reason.

You are a bigot.  A horrible human being.

You can redeem yourself by supporting a law that will criminalize discrimination. Be a better man than your 'God'.

Ha ha tell me how you really feel af_newbie.

I guess laws only matter to you if you agree with them. So much for all your talk about respecting the collective determination of which actions are causing harm. Looks like you have some other metric you are choosing not to share with us.

Interesting that you now turn to name calling and offering redemption if I repent. You really fit right in with today's radicalism don't you. If we were on a less freedom loving forum like twitter or facebook you or someone like you would probably go complaining to the moderators at this point attempting to get me kicked off the platform for the horrific "hate crime" of disagreeing with your goals to transform society and the law into your Utopian ideal.

The honest truth is that you are the one participating in the horror by encouraging your fellow human beings to their self-destruction. Gender dysphoria is a disease. It is a very serious behavioral condition with definite health consequences. One in seven biological men who identify as transgender women have HIV. That number rises to 44% among blacks. About half of biological women with gender dysphoria will attempt suicide.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2019/04/20/cdc-one-seven-transgender-women-have-hiv/

These poor individuals are very very ill. They need help learning to live with and dealing with a biological reality they wish did not exist. Affirmations that their condition is wonderful and normal does them a tremendous disservice.

That said I would consider supporting your bill if you added in language that also prohibited discrimination based on religious beliefs, allowed for faith based consciousness objections, and included protections for private employers to run their business in accordance with their faith based principles. I doubt you would be on board with that though. The goal of most extremist when seeking this kind of legislation is to obtain weapons to use against their political and ideological opposition not to defang government or increase freedom.  
legendary
April 20, 2019, 07:31:24 PM

So now you are backpedaling your discrimination?  Just go back in this thread.  BADecker posted an article about how trans and gays are discriminated by Christians:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/31845-equality-act-seeks-federal-persecution-of-christians

Denying employment or services. Christians feel like they can break above the law because of their Christan beliefs.

This is wrong on so many levels.  

Ok I read the article. I do not think it is wise to enshrine sexual orientation into law as a special protected class no.

By and large more government courts and lawsuits are never a good thing. Government is already too big. We also have already seen how activists use these laws to attack and destroy others that don’t agree with them.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9694/christian-bakery-just-went-out-business-due-aaron-bandler

So yes I oppose Senate bill 788 which seeks to change current law. There are plenty of other laws people can sue under if they can prove they have been harmed by someone.

I am curious what standard you are using to judge me to be a “horrible human being” I support the law as it is. What ever happened to

Your personal...beliefs... are irrelevant.

Obey the law, or be prepared to pay the piper.

I support the current law as it is in this area.

Laws change my friend.  So be ready to obey the new laws or face the piper.

And you asking me what is wrong with your opposition?  I bet you would be for segregation laws back in the day, for the same reason.

You are a bigot.  A horrible human being.

You can redeem yourself by supporting a law that will criminalize discrimination.  Be a better man than your 'God'.
legendary
April 20, 2019, 03:29:52 PM

So now you are backpedaling your discrimination?  Just go back in this thread.  BADecker posted an article about how trans and gays are discriminated by Christians:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/31845-equality-act-seeks-federal-persecution-of-christians

Denying employment or services. Christians feel like they can break above the law because of their Christan beliefs.

Ok I read the article. I do not think it is wise to enshrine sexual orientation into law as a special protected class no.

By and large more government courts and lawsuits are never a good thing. Government is already too big. We also have already seen how activists use these laws to attack and destroy others that don’t agree with them.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9694/christian-bakery-just-went-out-business-due-aaron-bandler

So yes I oppose Senate bill 788 which seeks to change current law. There are plenty of other laws people can sue under if they can prove they have been harmed by someone.

I am curious what standard you are using to judge me to be a “horrible human being” I support the law as it is. What ever happened to

Your personal...beliefs... are irrelevant.

Obey the law, or be prepared to pay the piper.

I support the current law as it is in this area.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 20, 2019, 12:13:12 PM

What is wrong on so many levels is, trans and gay activity being done by trans and gays. It is counterproductive for them to do what they do, and for all people to allow them to exist. The only reason they should be tolerated is when they look like they might become straight.

Cool
legendary
April 20, 2019, 12:01:18 PM

CoinCube, could you please get off your two-legged moral high horse.

Trans people feel that their gender is different from their biological sex.  They want to be the gender they feel they are.  You think they are crazy.

You feel that there is an invisible, undetectable, unknown entity (God) that influences everything in the universe and here on Earth.

Now, who is the crazy one?

Well you clearly think I am the crazy one and that is ok. I acknowledge my belief in God is based in faith that it is something I accept a priori. However it is also a logical belief as I outlined for you in great depth. I also accept provable empiric reality for what it is. If you could prove my belief was untrue I would change my mind. We both know you cannot.

The individual suffering from gender disphoria does indeed feel they are a different gender than their biology dictates. They want to feel they are something other then their biological sex. The problem is they cannot really ever be. No matter what they do every cell in their body will genetically forever be biologically fixed. Cosmetics clothing, superficial surgery, even forced acknowledgement under penalty of law will not change that reality. The belief that feelings trump reality leads eventually to things like a mother taking her 15 year old son to Tialand so he can be castrated on his 16th birthday,

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/child-sex-change-charity-alexandria-ocasio-cortez/

I tend to think cutting off the functional biological parts of teenagers is crazy. It was barbarism in the ancient past when they did it to young men so they could become harum guards. It was barbarism in the Middle Ages when they did it to young boys so they could sound youthful when singing. It is barbarism today.

You are not only severely deluded but a horrible human being, IMHO.  Discrimination is wrong because it causes harm, no matter the reasons.

Remember one thing, faith is not a reliable path to truth, the scientific method is.

I have never said anything about discrimination. What discrimination exactly are you concerned about? Some specific examples would help.

A problem with your worldview is that it is centered around causing harm but people fundamentally disagree about what constitutes harm. I for example consider being dismembered in the womb and extracted in pieces harm. I also think having your biological parts cut off or being subjected to sterilizing hormonal treatments when you are a child or teenager constitutes harm. I guess in your world arguing against these is discrimination against women and transgender people?

legendary
April 20, 2019, 11:05:16 AM

Trans people feel that their gender is different from their biological sex.  They want to be the gender they feel they are.  You think they are crazy.

You feel that there is an invisible, undetectable, unknown entity (God) that influences everything in the universe and here on Earth.

Well you clearly think I am the crazy one and that is ok. I acknowledge my belief in God is based in faith that it is something I accept a priori. However it is also a logical belief as I outlined for you in great depth. I also accept provable empiric reality for what it is. If you could prove my belief was untrue I would change my mind. We both know you cannot.

The individual suffering from gender disphoria does indeed feel they are a different gender than their biology dictates. They want to feel they are something other then their biological sex. The problem is they cannot really ever be. No matter what they do every cell in their body will genetically forever be biologically fixed. Cosmetics clothing, superficial surgery, even forced acknowledgement under penalty of law will not change that reality. The belief that feelings trump reality leads eventually to things like a mother taking her 15 year old son to Tialand so he can be castrated on his 16th birthday,

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/child-sex-change-charity-alexandria-ocasio-cortez/

I tend to think cutting off the functional biological parts of teenagers is crazy. It was barbarism in the ancient past when they did it to young men so they could become harum guards. It was barbarism in the Middle Ages when they did it to young boys so they could sound youthful when singing. It is barbarism today.

You are not only severely deluded but a horrible human being, IMHO.  Discrimination is wrong because it causes harm, no matter the reasons.

Remember one thing, faith is not a reliable path to truth, the scientific method is.

I have never said anything about discrimination. What discrimination exactly are you concerned about? Some specific examples would help.

A problem with your worldview is that it is centered around causing harm but people fundamentally disagree about what constitutes harm. I for example consider being dismembered in the womb and extracted in pieces harm. I also think having your biological parts cut off or being subjected to sterilizing hormonal treatments when you are a child or teenager constitutes harm. I guess in your world arguing against these is discrimination against women and transgender people?
legendary
April 20, 2019, 04:14:36 AM

You just fucking said that I am setting myself as the unknown entity, outside of the known universe.

You are a madman.  You have no idea what are you saying.

I live in the real world, unlike you.

No you lack reading comprehension. I said you are too deeply enmeshed (in your extremely foolish worldview) and that it was beyond my abilities to help extract you.

Edit: In fairness I did say earlier that the error in your worldview was in setting collective human opinion as a god aka your ultimate arbitrator of truth and value. I can see how you could potentially misinterpret that.

PS. I am done talking to you.  I think you are a delusional, unhappy man.  On the level of BADecker or notbatman.  You have constructed your delusion to provide you with some psychological comfort; and you keep complaining about the changing world around you.

Ok it was nice chatting with you. I am a pretty happy man to be honest. I have a fulfilling career great children and a wonderful wife. Bitcoin has also been very good to me. Not retirement good but I will probably be able to retire 10 years earlier because of it. I doubt I will retire early because I like what I do but it's nice to have the option.

We clearly disagree on the nature of reality and the disagreement leads to some very strong differences of opinion. You are correct that further conversation is unlikely to be productive so it seems prudent to wrap it up.

You feel that there is an invisible, undetectable, unknown entity outside of the known universe that influences everything in the universe and here on Earth, the entity that influenced 40+ authors over the course of 2500+ years to write down the acceptable sexual behaviors for one particular species of primates, in one specific period of time.  But you have absolutely no physical evidence to back your claims.

We treat you (religious folks) the same as we treat anyone else, people with Down Syndrome, gay or trans people.  Even though most of us know that you are severely deluded.

You, on the other hand, feel that gays and trans people should be discriminated because of what?  Your unknown, invisible friend?
You were indoctrinated into your cult as a child and you suffered from this delusion all your life.  I feel sorry for you.

PS. I was once indoctrinated into your cult too, so I know how powerful that feeling of faith can be.  I have seen two sides of the coin and I am ~100% sure there is no God of any kind, anywhere.  There are unknowns, but that is about it, they are unknowns.

legendary
April 19, 2019, 09:24:29 PM

You just fucking said that I am setting myself as the unknown entity, outside of the known universe.

No you lack reading comprehension. I said you are too deeply enmeshed (in your extremely foolish worldview) and that it was beyond my abilities to help extract you.

Edit: In fairness I did say earlier that the error in your worldview was in setting collective human opinion as a god aka your ultimate arbitrator of truth and value. I can see how you could potentially misinterpret that.

PS. I am done talking to you.  I think you are a delusional, unhappy man.  On the level of BADecker or notbatman.  You have constructed your delusion to provide you with some psychological comfort; and you keep complaining about the changing world around you.

Ok it was nice chatting with you. I am a pretty happy man to be honest. I have a fulfilling career great children and a wonderful wife. Bitcoin has also been very good to me. Not retirement good but I will probably be able to retire 10 years earlier because of it. I doubt I will retire early because I like what I do but it's nice to have the option.

We clearly disagree on the nature of reality and the disagreement leads to some very strong differences of opinion. You are correct that further conversation is unlikely to be productive so it seems prudent to wrap it up.

legendary
April 19, 2019, 09:18:36 PM

... delusional man talking...blah, blah...

I can assure you I am not the unknown entity, outside of this universe (aka your personal 'God').  I am a primate so are you.

No af_newbie you are not God no matter how much you want to be.

Ps. I am done talking to you.  I think you are a delusional, unhappy man.  On the level of BADecker or notbatman.  You have constructed your delusion to provide you with some psychological comfort; and you keep complaining about the changing world around you.
legendary
April 19, 2019, 09:16:10 PM

... delusional man talking...blah, blah...

I can assure you I am not the unknown entity, outside of this universe (aka your personal 'God').  I am a primate so are you.

No af_newbie you are not God no matter how much you want to be.
legendary
April 19, 2019, 09:13:15 PM

Sorry I have to stop you right there at your first sentence.  You do understand that I do not believe in any Gods, even the concept or the word of 'God' is foreign to me.  I do not know what 'God' persona/object you are referring to.

So you have to explain your very first sentence without resorting to your religious lingo.

I do not understand your first sentence.  What exactly do you accuse me of?

See definition 3a
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

I already explained the concept of God and its necessity to you in great depth without any religious references at all See: An Argument for God

Not much more I can do I am afraid you are to deeply emeshed and beyond my abilities. I apologize for failing you.

... delusional man talking...blah, blah...ignoring the issue of gays, making some absurd claims about trans people etc.
Give him the power and he would administer electroshocks to gays and trans.

I can assure you I am not the unknown entity, outside of this universe (aka your personal 'God').  I am a primate so are you.

You are beyond comprehension. You have created your mental bubble and fail to accept the reality around you.
legendary
April 19, 2019, 08:00:06 PM

Sorry I have to stop you right there at your first sentence.  You do understand that I do not believe in any Gods, even the concept or the word of 'God' is foreign to me.  I do not know what 'God' persona/object you are referring to.

So you have to explain your very first sentence without resorting to your religious lingo.

See definition 3a
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

I already explained the concept of God and its necessity to you in great depth without any religious references at all See: An Argument for God

Not much more I can do I am afraid you are too deeply emeshed and beyond my abilities. I apologize for failing you.

You are the one who wants to punish gays and trans people any way you can.

How exactly are gays and trans getting punished?

Don't mind af_newbie it is part of his worldview. He seems to really believe collective opinion defines reality.
Therefore in his world if society calls a man in a dress a women he believes that it must be true and anyone denying that reality is a retrograde oppressor.

Gender dysphoria is the proper medical name for the individuals suffering from transgenderism. Its a real and very serious psychiatric condition. Unfortunately the current treatment especially the hormonal and surgical treatments on adolescents who have a good chance of outgrowing it is nothing short of barbaric and horrific and will probably be viewed in the future as we now view mental lobotomies. Did you know the guy who invented the lobotomy got the Nobel Prize for it? Barbarism can be popular sometimes.

legendary
April 19, 2019, 07:11:36 PM

Your problem is you reject a moral authority higher than mankind.

This leads you to the erroneous belief that the collective cannot by definition get it “wrong” they are the collective your ultimate arbiter of truth and value.

You deny the existence of a moral standard that would allow you to reject a new and legitimately passed law as evil or immoral.

Of course, I do, so do all other sane people.  That is why our laws are better than Sharia or Bible laws.

What higher moral authority than mankind is there?  Human delusion?

You have three problems:
1. You are delusional.
2. You use your delusion to justify inflicting harm on others.
3. Your codified delusion does not change.

You are stuck in a box unable to free yourself.  You are a mental masochist, your delusion is your bondage
do us all a favor and stop justifying harming others based on your delusion.  

The actual insanity lies in setting yourself or collective human opinion as God.

BTW, atheists are obsessed with political power?  Are you insane?  How many Atheists are in Congress?

It was posted earlier in this thread by BADecker.

Christians like BAdecker and CoinCube feel that it is their right to discriminate gay and trans people by refusing service or hiring based on religious grounds.

They feel that it is outrageous that they are treated like everybody else by 'forcing' them to follow the law of the land.

Activity: 224
Merit: 14
April 19, 2019, 06:52:49 PM

This leads you to the erroneous belief that the collective cannot by definition get it “wrong” they are the collective your ultimate arbiter of truth and value.

You deny the existence of a moral standard that would allow you to reject a new and legitimately passed law as evil or immoral.

Of course, I do, so do all other sane people.  That is why our laws are better than Sharia or Bible laws.

You have three problems:
1. You are delusional.

You are stuck in a box unable to free yourself.  You are a mental masochist, your delusion is your bondage

The actual insanity lies in setting yourself or collective human opinion as God.

BTW, atheists are obsessed with political power?  Are you insane?  How many Atheists are in Congress?

legendary
April 19, 2019, 04:29:17 PM

You have three problems:
1. You are delusional.

legendary
April 19, 2019, 04:05:44 PM

You have three problems:
1. You are delusional.

When you elevate collective human opinion as your metric of value your own value is reduced to whatever the arbitrary collective decides.

That is why people of your ideology usually have no problems with abortion even late term abortion up to the moment of birth. The collective has deemed that life worthless. This year more human lives will be deliberately snuffed out in the USA via abortion then the total number of US deaths in WWII. Is that harm? Not according to you as the collective permits it.  

That is why people of your ideology are so desperate to suppress religion calling it child abuse and wishing to use the force of the state to suppress it for its heresy in challenging the authority of collective opinion.

That is also why people who share your ideology are often opposed to gun rights. Deep down they are outraged by the ability of a minority to resist their idealized legalities.

Finally, that is why people who share your views are obsessed with political power. Political power becomes the ultimate tool deciding what is permissible and what is forbidden. The insanity of your worldview is that you believe that any action becomes morally permissible once it is legal.

You think I am delusional and I think you have adopted a worldview that makes you insane.
We appear unlikely to reach consensus.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 19, 2019, 12:52:40 PM
I'm not an atheist but I'm starting to believe on some beliefs of other people regarding of having no God that exists. They are presenting evidences that made me believe on such events. And it is science based so the credibility of it goes up.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
April 19, 2019, 12:38:25 PM
Do you really think Atheists hate Religion?
Pages:
Jump to: